Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Just installed DCCDPro to my V3 Type r

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2014, 09:26 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed DCCDPro to my V3 Type r

Even though I had the oe manual controller already built in I wanted the auto feature of the newage cars. So open diff turn in and lock applied when on the gas out of the corners and in a straight line. Its a bit more complex than that but you get the idea. It works very well and with the dccd lights functional in auto mode you can see how much lock is being applied whilts driving. Stability and traction out of corners, where permitted, is greatly increased. Highly recommended.

www.dccdpro.com

Anyway, its a straight forward install apart from no data for the v3 cars regarding the Sti DCCD cluster lights. So here are a couple of pics and the wiring for anyone wishing to do the same.

The specific wiring for our cars is shown below. I connected everything at the oe loom connector under the dash, even the oe thumbwheel connections (I will add wiring details later for the thumbwheel).

Description/ DCCD Pro/ v3 Display Module/ v3 Module Pin

Lock Brown =Blue/Orange 10

80% Blue =Red/Blue 8

60% Red = Light Green/Yellow 7

40% Orange =White 5

20% Yellow =Blue/White 4

0% White =Yellow/Blue 3

Power Black =Light Green/White 9

Pics of the DCCD display behind the dash.

And the connections to the transmission harness either on the plug on top of the gearbox or at the oe loom plugs are red/white stripe and green/black stripe.

Last edited by Welloilbeefhooked; 09 September 2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11 September 2014, 05:59 AM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting, I've just bought the pro to go in a 96 sti type ra with a 6 speed conversion. What ecu are you using and what colour wire was the TPS.

Cheers
Old 11 September 2014, 07:27 AM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

My ecu is the 97/98 esl mate. If yours is the version 2 ecu the wiring will probably have a different colour scheme, but these diagrams are available online at www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk

Does yours also have the reverse tps signal? Ie 5v closes throttle or thereabouts?

I made my connection for the tps at the ecu as its easier to trace and splice into the wiring at that location.

Have you got dccd as an oe fitment already?
Old 11 September 2014, 07:27 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked
My ecu is the 97/98 esl mate. If yours is the version 2 ecu the wiring will probably have a different colour scheme, but these diagrams are available online at www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk

Does yours also have the reverse tps signal? Ie 5v closes throttle or thereabouts?

I made my connection for the tps at the ecu as its easier to trace and splice into the wiring at that location.

Have you got dccd as an oe fitment already?

Hi

It had DCCD when it left the factory, by the time I got it the dccd gear box had been changed for a non dccd low ratio ra box which went pop shortly after a fresh engine rebuild. There are no wires/connectors under the car for the six speed to connect to and the diff position lights have never worked in my ownership. The dccd lights and multi plug are present and connected. The standard dccd ecu is in place (lower dash by drivers knee) its the silver box to the left of the fuse box?
I was hoping the standard dccd set up would fit straight to the 6 speed but seeing as I've never seen anything light up and the loom missing I decided to start afresh with the pro system. I suspect that the look might have been changed for a wrx non dccd item.

I know nothing about electronics other than basic circuit testing and bad soldering, I'm now beginning to think I may have bitten off more than I chew. Jeff assured me the idiots guide will see me through.

Before I go hacking into the loom, can you tell me where the connections for the dccd to gear box exit the body on a standard car? Do they run from the grey multi plug on the bell housing in you pictures?

Any tips on fitting are very much welcome. So many questions

Cheers

Steve
Old 11 September 2014, 09:46 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Steve, no problem mate. I can help where I can.

The oe dccd loom does indeed run from the dccd ecu to the grey 6 pin plug on or just behind the bellhousing. The 2 wires that supply to the diff on the gearbox side of this plug are normally green and black.

In my case I took the diff output wires from the dccdpro and connected them to the wiring at the oe dccd loom under the steering column. If I was you and just to be on the safe side, run the wires through the bulkhead and then directly to the 2 wires on the diff.

All I did with my install was to trace the wiring from the diff back to the loom, the thumbwheel to the loom and the sti cluster to the loom. From there I made nearly all the connections under the dash inside the car.

The wire to the handbrake goes under the centre console to the switch under the handbrake. This wire also, as you can guess, runs directly to the loom too.

The G sensor I mounted just in front of the gearlever surround using a 2 part epoxy putty. It needs to be level but you can calibrate it once fitted anyway.

I used double sided tape to secure the main dccdpro box under the kick panel below the steering wheel.

Also, as you have already hinted at, solder every connection.

Any questions just ask. Take your time and its easy enough to do with a few hours spare. The worst part was taking the clocks out to trace the wiring back from the dccd display to the loom!
Old 11 September 2014, 10:05 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Thanks for info. I'm gong to start fitting it on Saturday. Have you fitted the pro box where the original ecu location?
Old 11 September 2014, 10:28 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

No, I left the oe ecu in place. I stuck it to the plastic kick panel just above the pedals.