Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

WRX STi Wagon v3

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2013, 11:25 PM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX STi Wagon v3

Hello all, Up for sale is my 1996 Subaru impreza wrx sti v3.
This is now up for sale, have been putting it off for months now but I need the money to rebuild my project subaru The car is in immaculate condition throughout, All panels on the car are in very good condition for the age no dings, dents, scratches. The interior is the same, No rips, wear or tear, back seats look like they never been sat in!. The car only has 63,000 miles with every single mot to prove, so vosa approved. Have stacks of paperwork and receipts, including the original jap service booked, stamped and mileage before was imported! The car comes with everything you would want with a car this age, to know it has been well maintained and looked after. The car is running a sensible 310bhp with printouts of before and after to prove. The modifications are the sensible one's, Front mount intercooler, Straight through exhaust system. This car has been dry stored and not been drove for months, Sat in my workshop with my other cars. Started her up yesterday first time for awhile no problems what so ever, and forgot how much of a nice drive this particular one is, especially for a car this age.. It is faultless and runs perfect. Viewing is Highly recommended for this car!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sti1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	11116   Click image for larger version

Name:	sti2.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	11117   Click image for larger version

Name:	sti3.jpg
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	11118   Click image for larger version

Name:	sti4.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	11119   Click image for larger version

Name:	sti6.jpg
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	11120  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sti7.jpg
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	11121  
Old 05 February 2013, 11:33 PM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Forgot that car has Mot till september 2013, and fresh 6months tax. Regards, Dave.
Old 05 February 2013, 11:35 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Default Sti

price ?
Old 05 February 2013, 11:42 PM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Hello mate, Am looking for £2995.
Regards, Dave.
Old 06 February 2013, 07:01 PM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Am needing the space guys will take a cheaper offer, Let me know.
Dave
Old 07 February 2013, 06:40 PM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

Bargain looks lovely
Old 07 February 2013, 10:06 PM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Thanks mate, has been very well maintained tbh, and even more of a bargain now at £2,795. Need the space desperately..
Old 09 February 2013, 02:56 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

looks a cracker this
Old 09 February 2013, 09:03 AM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Cheers joe, She is a nice one.. Can't believe there's no interest! Any traders on here interested if i lowered the price slightly as I do actually need the space.
Old 09 February 2013, 11:27 AM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Ok this is the last time its being reduced, So if anyone would like to grab a bargain today at
£2,500. This is by far the cheapest on the internet and if I don't say so myself one of the cleanest example's inside and out.. I need the cash for my other subaru. 07774736833
Old 17 February 2013, 09:15 PM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Back up for sale due to a timewaster from scotland who decided not to turn up after a few days of texting and calling me, am willing to take £2,300 that is with no offers. This really is a bargain at this price.
Old 21 February 2013, 03:46 PM
slyv12
Scooby Regular

Still for sale?
Old 21 February 2013, 04:03 PM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Yes it is mate, someone is viewing on Saturday but give me a text/call 07774736833. Cheers, Dave.
Old 21 February 2013, 04:38 PM
slyv12
Scooby Regular

Ok, thanks.
Old 22 February 2013, 11:21 AM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

I will take a firm £2,000 for this car to be gone today! I doubt you would find an sti wagon with this low mileage for that price.. somebody must want this!! Need the cash & space...
Old 22 February 2013, 11:38 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

What a bargin This has to be a worth while buy for someone.glwts.
Old 22 February 2013, 11:42 AM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by stonejedi
What a bargin This has to be a worth while buy for someone.glwts.
Cheers mate, is an absolute bargain.. any traders on here be interested? There going over 3k and this has less miles... just haven't got time or ebay account and just need the cash!
Old 22 February 2013, 12:23 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd have probably bought it for a runner if you were closer.
Old 22 February 2013, 12:28 PM
Turbo-Dave
Scooby Newbie

Could meet in the middle if your interested mate, deal for my new car will fall through, need it gone today really !
Old 22 February 2013, 05:48 PM
slyv12
Scooby Regular

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Can't get up there until middle of next week which looks like its no good to you.
Old 22 February 2013, 11:11 PM
BackinBlack
Scooby Newbie

Bargain!

Last edited by BackinBlack; 23 February 2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 26 February 2013, 09:42 PM
slyv12
Scooby Regular

still got it?
Old 27 February 2013, 04:31 PM
Terror Factor
Scooby Newbie

No, I've bought it. Car seems to be in pretty decent condition, although there definitely are a few issues (bubbling starting at right rear arch, frontbumper not fitted well at the left side, a 2 by 3 inch spot with laquer gone on the rear bumper, a brush-repainted spot on the right rear door, and something in the engine bay that seems loose.
Also, I think a connection pipe between the tubing and the intercooler got a hole in it, ~10 miles before I got home (after a 4-500 mile drive) the car made no power anymore and started idling really bad. You can hear the turbo blowing air pretty loud, so it'll probably only be that piece of hose.

Interior is nice and all the electronics work well, and I didn't have any trouble during the drive (except on the last 10 miles lol).

If it's only that, I think the price was decent (not as good as it seemed here though!)
Old 01 March 2013, 02:51 PM
slyv12
Scooby Regular

They never are, went to look at a 1997 sti wagon in Bedford which turned out to be a wrx with sti seats, steering wheel , stickers and a big oil leak! lol complete waste of time and money.
Old 06 August 2013, 07:07 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Terror Factor
No, I've bought it. Car seems to be in pretty decent condition, although there definitely are a few issues (bubbling starting at right rear arch, frontbumper not fitted well at the left side, a 2 by 3 inch spot with laquer gone on the rear bumper, a brush-repainted spot on the right rear door, and something in the engine bay that seems loose.
Also, I think a connection pipe between the tubing and the intercooler got a hole in it, ~10 miles before I got home (after a 4-500 mile drive) the car made no power anymore and started idling really bad. You can hear the turbo blowing air pretty loud, so it'll probably only be that piece of hose.

Interior is nice and all the electronics work well, and I didn't have any trouble during the drive (except on the last 10 miles lol).

If it's only that, I think the price was decent (not as good as it seemed here though!)

Even though the seller advertised it as in 'immaculate condition throughout'.
Old 07 August 2013, 12:06 AM
Terror Factor
Scooby Newbie

What a coincidence! Immaculate was a serious overestimation!
I have the car for sale, as I was planning on converting it to LPG and use it as a daily, but I couldn't get convinced that the engine would take it without problems.

So a potential buyer came by Monday. He noticed there was quite a bit of oil coming from the BOV. I've noticed that my intercoolerpiping was greasy when I changed a faulty silicone hose after some issues 10 miles before home on the day I got the car from England. I had never seen the inside of intercoolerpiping, so I didn't think it mattered.

Anyway, on the testdrive, I wanted to turn on an empty strech of road, so I could let the (young) buyer have a go. The car stalled when turning. It wouldn't start again, coolant was dumped from the overflow bottle. After 15-20min it started again, but it was still trying to stall if you didn't keep the revs up. The car had no power in low rpms (didn't try to get in boost), and made a ticking sound (I think after a while, not right from the start, but I'm not sure).
After arriving at home, the (mechanically inclined) father of the buyer said it wasn't running on all cilinders. The car goes to the mechanic on friday, but I'm fearing the worst. Overall, I've driven about 1500 miles, I'd say.
I'll be starting a topic for this problem, I could use some advice.
Old 07 August 2013, 12:29 AM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terror Factor
What a coincidence! Immaculate was a serious overestimation!
I have the car for sale, as I was planning on converting it to LPG and use it as a daily, but I couldn't get convinced that the engine would take it without problems.

So a potential buyer came by Monday. He noticed there was quite a bit of oil coming from the BOV. I've noticed that my intercoolerpiping was greasy when I changed a faulty silicone hose after some issues 10 miles before home on the day I got the car from England. I had never seen the inside of intercoolerpiping, so I didn't think it mattered.

Anyway, on the testdrive, I wanted to turn on an empty strech of road, so I could let the (young) buyer have a go. The car stalled when turning. It wouldn't start again, coolant was dumped from the overflow bottle. After 15-20min it started again, but it was still trying to stall if you didn't keep the revs up. The car had no power in low rpms (didn't try to get in boost), and made a ticking sound (I think after a while, not right from the start, but I'm not sure).
After arriving at home, the (mechanically inclined) father of the buyer said it wasn't running on all cilinders. The car goes to the mechanic on friday, but I'm fearing the worst. Overall, I've driven about 1500 miles, I'd say.
I'll be starting a topic for this problem, I could use some advice.
Sounds like the turbo is gone & possible HG failure. Doubt it will be worth repairing, you'll end up breaking it to get some money back or selling as spares or repairs.
Old 07 August 2013, 12:43 AM
Terror Factor
Scooby Newbie

That would suck

I do know someone who has an engine for sale for not a lot of money. His brother crashed his GT Turbo.
But a normal engine in an STI is a bit ghey, and it ruins the rareness of the car here in Belgium. It would probably be hard to sell as it's rhd and not that special anymore. I might not get the money of the engine/swap costs out of it.

I think I'll be getting something slow and non-turbo as a second car, this isn't funny anymore.
(bbr mx5 turbo from england with overheating problems - mx5 turbo with overheating problems and blown underblock, although that last one was my fault, and I'll probably get my money back by parting it out - now this)

FU turbo's and your sweet sweet power!
Old 07 August 2013, 12:54 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Really does sound like you bought a lemon. Dumping coolant and not firing on all cylinders sounds like serious problems.
Old 07 August 2013, 07:43 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your purchase. I hate it when people aren't honest.