Luke McCormick

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2008, 07:05 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Luke McCormick

BBC NEWS | England | Staffordshire | Player charged after crash deaths

Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper Luke McCormick has been charged after two brothers died in a crash on the M6.

Arron and Ben Peak, aged 10 and eight, died when the vehicle they were travelling in crashed with his Range Rover in Staffordshire on Saturday.

Mr McCormick has been charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving, driving with excess alcohol and driving without insurance.

The boys' mother, Amanda Peak, said their family was "devastated".

Their 37-year-old father Philip is in hospital in a serious but stable condition with fractures to his neck and back, broken ribs, bruising and swelling to his lungs.

He was driving the Toyota Previa people carrier when the crash happened between junctions 15 and 16 of the southbound motorway near Keele services at shortly before 0545 BST.

The brothers and their father had been travelling from their home in Partington, Manchester, to Silverstone racing circuit for a day out.

'Parent's nightmare'

Mrs Peak, 30, was too distressed to speak at a police press conference on Sunday.

A statement was read out on behalf of her and her husband by police family liaison officer PC Andy Kavanagh.

It said Arron "loved life, especially football, at which he excelled, and Ben was a happy, loving son and brother".

"No parent should ever have to go through the nightmare that we have gone through.

The brothers and their father were going for a day out

"Nothing will ever compensate us for the loss we are feeling."

They appealed to be left alone to come to terms with the "life-changing event that has devastated our lives".

Three other people in the vehicle were all released from hospital on Saturday and returned home.

Police appealed on Sunday for anyone who saw the "manner of driving" of either vehicle before the collision or can help with the movements of anybody involved in the incident in the previous 24 or 48 hours.

Police said it appeared the collision had happened in lane two when the Toyota left the carriageway on the near side, going down an embankment and colliding with trees.

Mr McCormick was remanded in custody to appear before Fenton magistrates at 1000 BST on Monday.
Old 08 June 2008, 07:27 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heard this yesterday.

Condolences to the family.
Old 08 June 2008, 07:50 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

An absolute tragedy

So many lives ruined
Old 09 June 2008, 07:01 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

No insurance
Drink driving
Death by Dangerous driving

What a ****, he deserves everything he gets and more because the sentence certainly wont be long enough under our justice system.

My heart goes out to the two boys and their family, what a waste.
Old 09 June 2008, 02:44 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Heres the guidelines for sentencing someone who's caused death by dangerous driving

'Death by dangerous driving' guidelines : Brake - the Road Safety Charity

So what do we reccon our Justice system will dole out? There are a few examples on the link above so you can see what a joke this is.

Case study: 18 month sentence for hit and run crossing-death driver
A hit and run driver who sped off after knocking down a student on a Birmingham crossing was jailed for 18 months in April 2006. Jaswinder Lakhvinder Singh admitted causing the death of 20-year-old Abigail Craen by dangerous driving. Singh, 45, gave himself up to police after Miss Craen’s mother Susan allowed newspapers to publish pictures of her daughter lying dead in hospital. Amjad Nawaz, prosecuting, said Abigail was on the crossing outside her halls of residence in Edgbaston when she was hit by the Ford Mondeo and thrown into the air. Her body was found 30m away from the pelican crossing. The car that hit her did not stop and passers-by called the emergency services.

Seleena Mahmood, defending Singh, said he was fully aware of the suffering he caused Abigail’s family. She said he did not stop because he had no insurance but when he heard Miss Craen had died he handed himself in. Singh was told by Judge Daniel Pearce-Higgins that he would serve half his sentence. He banned Singh from driving for four years.

After the hearing at Birmingham Crown Court, Abigail’s mother said: “The sentence is an insult to her. She is dead and the man who killed her has a small interruption in his life. This is no deterrent or punishment.” [5]
Personally I think if this ar5eh0le gets off or gets a reduced sentence then its a travesty but knowing footballers I bet he'll be employing that Mr loophole guy, who will no doubt find something to get him off on!

My heart goes out to the family.
Old 15 June 2008, 12:57 PM
WRX #1
Scooby Regular

I don't care if i get an infraction for this........................................

Why the **** do some footballers think they have a god given right to do what they like?

Rape, Assault, Drink-Driving most people would sacrifice alot just to have a chance of playing football for a living - i'd actually enjoy going to work, Yet the world seems full of selfish *******s who just think they can do what they like that poor family had their children snatched away at such an early age yet that idiot Luke McCormick will probably be out in time to continue his career. It makes me sick, I hope somebody in prison knee-caps the dick so he can never walk again.
Old 15 June 2008, 04:03 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

Originally Posted by WRX #1
I don't care if i get an infraction for this........................................

Why the **** do some footballers think they have a god given right to do what they like?

Rape, Assault, Drink-Driving most people would sacrifice alot just to have a chance of playing football for a living - i'd actually enjoy going to work, Yet the world seems full of selfish *******s who just think they can do what they like that poor family had their children snatched away at such an early age yet that idiot Luke McCormick will probably be out in time to continue his career. It makes me sick, I hope somebody in prison knee-caps the dick so he can never walk again.

totally agree