Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2008, 06:20 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UNITED VS BARCA

please discuss....

any genuine football fan welcome.

im overly biased, but i would enjoy a 0-1 tonight at the nou camp (in unireds favour obviously)
Old 23 April 2008, 06:23 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

com on barca send them smelly mancs home.liverpool barca final liverpool will lift the trophy.
Old 23 April 2008, 07:22 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I think ManU will beat Barca 2nite .....it not often I want them to win
Old 23 April 2008, 07:35 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mus 1st class sti type r
com on barca send them smelly mancs home.liverpool barca final liverpool will lift the trophy.

please keep them coming. you need a microphone and a stage.
Old 24 April 2008, 07:17 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

The only good thing about last nights match was that we didnt concede a goal due to Barca's ineptness in front of goal. Reminded me of Arsenal trying to pass it into the net.

Why oh why did ronaldo go for the placed ball on the pen. He did get targeted throughout the whole game and took at least 10 bad tackles where the ref did nothing, including two dead cert penalties. Why is that european teams (predominantly spanish and italian) get away with this - we try the same (english teams in general) and the ref stamps down straight away.

Simon
Old 24 April 2008, 09:40 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

I thought we were **** going forward last night. When will they learn that a 60 yard punt up the field is not going to work?! Lost count of the amount of times we gave away possesion in key areas. If it wasn't for some good defending (Rio was great again) we could have been hammered about 4-0

Can't blame Ronnie really, it was one of his first touches in the game, but he should have hit hard as normal. He's been epic for us this season
Old 24 April 2008, 04:41 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

You only had to look at the formation and the fact he put Rooney on the Right just behind the front two to know what SAF wanted to achieve, and he did exactly that, Ronny is always better getting the ball in midfield and running at the defenders allowing Tevez and Rooney to take defenders with them, and Rooney is much more affective up front or if you have to play him just behind do it on the left, like I said they went to do a job and did it, I would rather see a 4-4-2 formation week in week out but you know why they switch it.

Messi was superb, good news Marquez getting a yellow, he misses the next game, which should help us, it seemed to me that the pen miss affected everyone in the team, i'm not going to knock him for a pen miss, they guys has been constantly different grade for 2 seasons now

4-4-2 on Saturday and Tuesday please SAF
Old 25 April 2008, 06:39 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

We were rubbish and had no intention of attacking. All we did when we got the ball was clear it out of play. The defence did there part though and so did Van Der Sar, he made some good saves. He had to! Having said that they didn't have any where near as many shots as they should have, having spent most of the game in our half!

I did wonder if this was a game plan of Fergies to go over there and get a draw with Saturday in mind then to go at the on Wednesday. If that was the case he took a gamble which could still pay of. Providing we don't play like this again!