Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2008, 10:57 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spurs v Chelsea.

What a match.

Congratulations to all 21 players.

All 21? Well Cashley, you're a w@nker! He should have seen red, and would have if Mike Riley wasn't such a spinless git.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:07 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Ashley was a disgrace to himself and England last night, disgusting stuff but that aside, what a game, great entertainment for the neutral.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:25 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Ashley was a disgrace to himself and England last night, disgusting stuff but that aside, what a game, great entertainment for the neutral.
He's a total pr!ck. John Terry was all over the place again last night. He's gone as a player for me. Really don't rate him anymore.

Well done Spurs!
Old 20 March 2008, 11:48 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did he do?

After his little whinge at Arsenal he's about one of the only ex Arsenal players that i like seeing not doing as well or being even more villified then he was when at Arsenal.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:57 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Horror tackle. should have been a straight red but then he is straight in the refs face along with Terry and Lampard claiming it was nothing and giving him verbals. When he saw the card was to be yellow he got all arrogant walking off and pointing to the name on his back making the point 'just book me' but it showed a totall lack of respect for the ref.

Old 20 March 2008, 12:19 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
What did he do?

After his little whinge at Arsenal he's about one of the only ex Arsenal players that i like seeing not doing as well or being even more villified then he was when at Arsenal.

what was cashley's quote in his book? "when I heard they were offering me £55k a week (rather than the £60k he thought he had been promised) I nearly crashed my car"

to$$er
Old 20 March 2008, 12:22 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Agree about Terry, seems to have lost it, thinks being able to chuck his body around like a rag doll is defending. Seems to have lost command and respect from his defence. Carvalho is the only one keeping them together at the mo IMO.

Cole is a disappointment for me, had so much potentiol and is throwing himself down the drain with his own arrogance. I think he is taking tips of Terry on the training ground. Get the impression the Chelsea squad is a team of lazy gits who just doss around now
Old 20 March 2008, 12:29 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Terry lost what ? he has always been a very poor mans Tony Adams with none of Adams leadership qualities, overated and over paid, as for Cole, disgraceful, he should have recieved a straight red otherwise a 2nd yellow for the abuse he gave Riley.

Cracking game though
Old 20 March 2008, 01:39 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Was a great game to watch

What I don't quite understand is the unsportsman like conduct in football.

In Snooker (for example) if someone makes a foul and nobody else see it, the player just calls the foul on himself.

Football, the ref calls a foul and the players try and lie/cheat their way through.

Football would be much better with some honesty.

And to think that young kids look up to these players who swear, gob, don't respect the ref, lie and cheat.
Old 20 March 2008, 01:58 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

I've seen the Ashley Cole Tackle and it should have been red card and to disrespect the ref even thou he only going to show a yellow card
Old 20 March 2008, 02:14 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by BOB'5
Was a great game to watch

What I don't quite understand is the unsportsman like conduct in football.

In Snooker (for example) if someone makes a foul and nobody else see it, the player just calls the foul on himself.

Football, the ref calls a foul and the players try and lie/cheat their way through.

Football would be much better with some honesty.

And to think that young kids look up to these players who swear, gob, don't respect the ref, lie and cheat.
Theres a slight little bit more passion in Football IMO thats why you see the unsportsman like game.
Old 20 March 2008, 02:25 PM
michaelro
Scooby Regular

Think we should be moving towards Rugby style reffing - At least they get respect...
Old 20 March 2008, 05:15 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by michaelro
Think we should be moving towards Rugby style reffing - At least they get respect...
Definitely, only the captain should be able to approach the referee. Any back-chat etc, straight yellow, any more, second yellow and off. Players would learn quickly and suddenly we would have none of this back chat.

As a spurs fan, was another awesome, on your edge game. Been a real up and down season but looks promising for the next season.

Ashley Cole just gets worse and worse.... Cheryl should have walked out on the arrogant, dirty, cheating little *expletive deleted*.
Old 20 March 2008, 05:20 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
When he saw the card was to be yellow he got all arrogant walking off and pointing to the name on his back making the point 'just book me' but it showed a totall lack of respect for the ref.
True but Ferguson's rant after your lot got beat by Portsmouth wasn't that just has bad
Old 20 March 2008, 05:46 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Ahh, but that's different Richie
Old 20 March 2008, 05:55 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
True but Ferguson's rant after your lot got beat by Portsmouth wasn't that just has bad
That showed a bad loser which Fergie is. Rooney is bad for it on the pitch. Not defending it. I don't like seeing it from any player.
Old 22 March 2008, 12:53 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the problem with booking any/everybody for disrespect, back chat etc is the amountof matches that would have to be abandoned because of the amount of players that would get booked and sent off.

I would like to see the rugby style reffing but then your captain should show some restraint and Terry and Gallas ,to name 2 captains,don't.
Old 25 March 2008, 05:12 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
I think the problem with booking any/everybody for disrespect, back chat etc is the amountof matches that would have to be abandoned because of the amount of players that would get booked and sent off.

I would like to see the rugby style reffing but then your captain should show some restraint and Terry and Gallas ,to name 2 captains,don't.
We ought to have a system where a player given a yellow for ANYTHING, gets 5 minutes in a sin bin. Let his team do without him while he calms down.

Alcazar