ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Spurs v Chelsea. (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/675743-spurs-v-chelsea.html)

FlightMan 19 March 2008 10:57 PM

Spurs v Chelsea.

What a match.

Congratulations to all 21 players. :luxhello:

All 21? Well Cashley, you're a w@nker! :razz: He should have seen red, and would have if Mike Riley wasn't such a spinless git.

davegtt 20 March 2008 11:07 AM

Ashley was a disgrace to himself and England last night, disgusting stuff but that aside, what a game, great entertainment for the neutral.

STi wanna Subaru 20 March 2008 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7745900)
Ashley was a disgrace to himself and England last night, disgusting stuff but that aside, what a game, great entertainment for the neutral.

He's a total pr!ck. John Terry was all over the place again last night. He's gone as a player for me. Really don't rate him anymore.

Well done Spurs! :thumb:

myblackwrx 20 March 2008 11:48 AM

What did he do?

After his little whinge at Arsenal he's about one of the only ex Arsenal players that i like seeing not doing as well or being even more villified then he was when at Arsenal.

STi wanna Subaru 20 March 2008 11:57 AM

Horror tackle. should have been a straight red but then he is straight in the refs face along with Terry and Lampard claiming it was nothing and giving him verbals. When he saw the card was to be yellow he got all arrogant walking off and pointing to the name on his back making the point 'just book me' but it showed a totall lack of respect for the ref.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...00_455676a.jpg

Ted Maul 20 March 2008 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 7746012)
What did he do?

After his little whinge at Arsenal he's about one of the only ex Arsenal players that i like seeing not doing as well or being even more villified then he was when at Arsenal.

what was cashley's quote in his book? "when I heard they were offering me £55k a week (rather than the £60k he thought he had been promised) I nearly crashed my car"

to$$er

davegtt 20 March 2008 12:22 PM

Agree about Terry, seems to have lost it, thinks being able to chuck his body around like a rag doll is defending. Seems to have lost command and respect from his defence. Carvalho is the only one keeping them together at the mo IMO.

Cole is a disappointment for me, had so much potentiol and is throwing himself down the drain with his own arrogance. I think he is taking tips of Terry on the training ground. Get the impression the Chelsea squad is a team of lazy gits who just doss around now

Funkii Munkii 20 March 2008 12:29 PM

Terry lost what ? he has always been a very poor mans Tony Adams with none of Adams leadership qualities, overated and over paid, as for Cole, disgraceful, he should have recieved a straight red otherwise a 2nd yellow for the abuse he gave Riley.

Cracking game though :)

Aztec Performance Ltd 20 March 2008 01:39 PM

Was a great game to watch :cool:

What I don't quite understand is the unsportsman like conduct in football.

In Snooker (for example) if someone makes a foul and nobody else see it, the player just calls the foul on himself.

Football, the ref calls a foul and the players try and lie/cheat their way through.

Football would be much better with some honesty.

And to think that young kids look up to these players who swear, gob, don't respect the ref, lie and cheat.

richie001 20 March 2008 01:58 PM

I've seen the Ashley Cole Tackle and it should have been red card and to disrespect the ref even thou he only going to show a yellow card :cuckoo:

davegtt 20 March 2008 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by BOB'5 (Post 7746313)
Was a great game to watch :cool:

What I don't quite understand is the unsportsman like conduct in football.

In Snooker (for example) if someone makes a foul and nobody else see it, the player just calls the foul on himself.

Football, the ref calls a foul and the players try and lie/cheat their way through.

Football would be much better with some honesty.

And to think that young kids look up to these players who swear, gob, don't respect the ref, lie and cheat.

Theres a slight little bit more passion in Football IMO thats why you see the unsportsman like game.

michaelro 20 March 2008 02:25 PM

Think we should be moving towards Rugby style reffing - At least they get respect...

rossi_p 20 March 2008 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by michaelro (Post 7746458)
Think we should be moving towards Rugby style reffing - At least they get respect...

Definitely, only the captain should be able to approach the referee. Any back-chat etc, straight yellow, any more, second yellow and off. Players would learn quickly and suddenly we would have none of this back chat.

As a spurs fan, was another awesome, on your edge game. Been a real up and down season but looks promising for the next season.

Ashley Cole just gets worse and worse.... Cheryl should have walked out on the arrogant, dirty, cheating little *expletive deleted*.

richie001 20 March 2008 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 7746048)
When he saw the card was to be yellow he got all arrogant walking off and pointing to the name on his back making the point 'just book me' but it showed a totall lack of respect for the ref.

True but Ferguson's rant after your lot got beat by Portsmouth wasn't that just has bad :wonder:

pauld37 20 March 2008 05:46 PM

Ahh, but that's different Richie :Whatever_

STi wanna Subaru 20 March 2008 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 7746868)
True but Ferguson's rant after your lot got beat by Portsmouth wasn't that just has bad :wonder:

That showed a bad loser which Fergie is. Rooney is bad for it on the pitch. Not defending it. I don't like seeing it from any player.

myblackwrx 22 March 2008 12:53 AM

I think the problem with booking any/everybody for disrespect, back chat etc is the amountof matches that would have to be abandoned because of the amount of players that would get booked and sent off.

I would like to see the rugby style reffing but then your captain should show some restraint and Terry and Gallas ,to name 2 captains,don't.

alcazar 25 March 2008 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 7750656)
I think the problem with booking any/everybody for disrespect, back chat etc is the amountof matches that would have to be abandoned because of the amount of players that would get booked and sent off.

I would like to see the rugby style reffing but then your captain should show some restraint and Terry and Gallas ,to name 2 captains,don't.

We ought to have a system where a player given a yellow for ANYTHING, gets 5 minutes in a sin bin. Let his team do without him while he calms down.

Alcazar