Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Proposed Kent Meet (canterbury) 29th April

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2001, 10:00 PM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

The proposed KENT meet is setting up for April 29th and so far we have decided to meet on the A2 (Turning off from the Brindley roundabout heading towards Canterbury) service station area where there is a Little Chef for those that need liquid refreshment, toilets for those that need to relieve the liquid refreshment, a garage for refuelling (yes they do sell SUL) and for those that don’t get up early enough on Sunday morning a car wash as well … what more could you want.

ETA is going to be from 12 noon onwards and we shall be heading off to somewhere to eat around 2.30ish, probably a blast down the A2 towards Dover, where we’ll meet up at the top of Jubilee Way in the pub there (nice big car park and fuel station next door).

If we find a better eatery then we’ll post a message here.

Those that wanna come along please shout, this may clash with one or two other meets but all are welcome to come along.

CYA there

Greg
Old 20 April 2001, 09:47 AM
Willo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Count me in - I'm coming up from Ashford and guess that the services are on the London bound side coming out of Canterbury??
Old 20 April 2001, 10:40 AM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Smile

Count me in too.

Willo, the services are on the Dover bound side of the A2 just before the Harbledown/Canterbury turn off. There is a Little Chef, petrol station and Hilton travel-lodgy type place there too. It is not the London/Faversham bound services at Dunkirk.

Sean
Old 20 April 2001, 11:17 AM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

I'll post up directions and a map this weekend, so everyone will know how to get there.

Greg
Old 25 April 2001, 01:55 PM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Question

Is the meet still on?
Old 25 April 2001, 02:03 PM
p1 media
Scooby Regular

Sean

yer sure mate, not many people come forward but if you fancy meeting up we can still go ahead.

Greg
Old 25 April 2001, 04:07 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Cant do it i'm afraid, me and the Enemy are in sunny Southport for the weekend.....

Count me in for the next one tho'

BTW, may have some news on a Lydden meet. I know a man........

Old 25 April 2001, 05:36 PM
R1NTR
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Hey Hey Greg....

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make this one. Unfortunately already made arrangements.
Hopefully the next one, only I'm Holiday soon, so if not, the one after that.

Incidently, are you comming along again to Sand Down Park on the 13th May?

Be Cool.
Hayden.
Old 25 April 2001, 11:37 PM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi Greg,

Thanks for arranging that.

It's a good idea to meet at the harbledown little chef as it's easy to find. This is where we all met last year for the Barretts Ashford Rally! With regards to the pub at the top of jubilee way, the food is pretty crap in there but I've just returned from abroad and have a good idea for where to go that serves better food but I just need to give them a bell tomorrow to see what's what. My uncle knows the owner and they already hold regular classic car meets there and will apparently close down the car park just for scoobies ! It's the Griffins Head in chillenden so I think the chef at harbledown is still the best place to meet as it may be tricky to find the pub and there should be some pretty decent roads to get there.

If you guys are up for this venue I'll give him a ring tomorrow and see if it's ok for Sunday, what do you think??

rgds
Nito
Old 26 April 2001, 08:44 AM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'm still up for it

Sean
Old 26 April 2001, 11:51 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi guys,

I've just spoken to Greg and we've decided to make the Griffins Head at Chillenden the venue for the Canterbury meet. The easiest way to get there is straight down the A2 towards Dover and then take the Wingham/aylesham turning and follow signs to Nonnigton.

It's a family run pub who also host the vintage car meet on the first Sunday of every month. They can handle upto around 350 people if need be. In the summer it's great coz they get the barbecue going so if the weather is good on Sunday it'll be a barbie! There is a nice beer garden and the car park will be closed off just for Scoobies.. cool eh?!!

We could meet at harbledown at 12.00 and then convoy to the griffins head to get there around 12.30!

I'll start up a seperate thread for this and hopefully get some numbers up for this. This'll be a regular meet on the 4th Sunday of every month!

rgds
Nito