Notices

Help, i'm stranded.

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2008, 08:20 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, i'm stranded.

At the end of a week long trans-europe trip we stopped off at the Nurburgring to stick in a few laps.

Anyway, half way round my third lap the engine died and won't restart. It turns over ok but there is no power to the ECU or the Fuel pump.

I've checked all the fuses and relays are fully home and not blown but had to admit defeat and get recovered to Bongard garage in Adenau (fortunately it happened just at Ex-Muhle and the marshall allowed me to roll backwards and off the circuit).

The only thing I can think is that my Sigma S30 is kaput , it seems to be disarming but when you turn the ignition on the fuel pump doesn't prime and the ECU Malfunction light doesn't come on.

I checked the fuses under the bonnet and the ones in the drivers side well and also the relays were pushed home but gave up in the end. Also tried getting the laptop to communicate with the ECU (using ECUExplorer) but no joy there either.

Any ideas are most gratefully accepted. Also if they can't fix it in Adenau and it gets moved to the Scooby garage does anyone know the best way to get myself to Frankfurt for a flight home while it's fixed?

Lastly, they have an almost new Blue UK Hawkeye in Bongard awaiting a light and a scoop after being rebuilt following a heavy shunt into the barriers - anyone want to own up to it???
Old 01 July 2008, 12:58 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

All fixed thanks to a great Subaru garage nr Daun

It was Fuse S5 under the bonnet blown due to the O2 sensor wiring burning against the exhaust. This shorted out blowing the fuse and stopping the ECU from working.

Old 02 July 2008, 05:41 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Andy,

Sorry mate only just seen this.

Sounds like a nightmare. Gald your sorted and back on the road. If you need a hand mate with anything let me know as I am only down the road to you as you know. lol

Steve
Old 02 July 2008, 11:17 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Cheers Steve Back home now so they're temporary fix was a good one!
Just glad I had decent Euro breakdown cover otherwise i'd have been stuffed. They paid for all the recoveries and 2 nights in a hotel!
Old 02 July 2008, 11:20 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

It was this little fella that had blown, if I'd looked a little more closely when checking the fuses I might have saved myself a lot of hassle. Don't know if i'd have spotted the wiring touching the exhaust though