Notices

Which Walbro pump for a 95 WRX Import?

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2014, 03:40 PM
maddhatteroo7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which Walbro pump for a 95 WRX Import?

Looks like my factory pump finally kicked the bucket yesterday and left me stranded. There is no priming of the fuel pump to be heard and definitely no fuel flowing to the engine bay as the hose was removed and there was zero pressure. The car will attempt to crank, but that is it. So now I'm looking to replace the fuel pump with a walbro 255, but not sure if I need the GSS341 or 342 model (also will buy a new subaru OEM sock instead of using the smaller walbro sock.) For those who have replaced theirs on an early classic which model was it you used that didn't require any wiring modification? Thanks!
Old 03 May 2014, 04:38 PM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Personally i went with the RCM pump.

However, there is a common fault on classics. The connecter block under the passenger seat behind the driver often fries itself. Double check that before getting a new pump if you haven't already.
Old 03 May 2014, 06:36 PM
maddhatteroo7
Scooby Regular

I did take a look at all the connectors on the rear passenger seat area and they look fine. Hell even Tim Farmer was working on my car (spark plugs & coilpack replacement) took a crack at it...he made sure there as power at the connector of the fuel pump assembly (which there was), and checked one of the fuel lines in the engine bay to see if there was any gas flowing (which there wasn't.) Stand up guy because he even offered to give me a free newage pump he had in his van, but I said I'd order a new pump since I didn't want to do the job twice in the event the replacement would die on me in age. Below is a picture of my assembly. I've seen an install where the supplied harness plugs right in (gc8 replacement.) I also hear the 341 is for the classic as well.