ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Had to laugh !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2011, 11:26 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Had to laugh !!!!!

Well was just settling down this evening about to watch the F1 that I had on sky + when my phone rang. It was my pal Lee, he asked if I could pop out to give him a hand as he was having car trouble. He said to bring a jack, a socket set and the spare set of VW wheel nuts that he had left in my garage. I told him he was a little ****** and that I'd be with him in 20 mins.
So I grabbed all the bits, jumped in my van and made my way to where he was stranded.

Arrived to find this !!!!!!!!

Not the best pic as it was dark but you can see the problem, lol. I couldn't stop laughing while he was sat there with his head in his hands.
He said he heard the car making a rumbling sort of noise, went over a speed bump and then saw his wheel flying off down the road. Hit the kerb and bounced into a garden while his pride and joy came grinding to a holt.
The wheel was fooked so I had to try and jack the car up and get the spare on. Managed to get a little jack under and get it high enough to slide my trolley jack in. Got the car up and checked it all over. Seemed ok to be honest, disc was Busted but everything else seemed good. Got the spare on and sent him on his way. Told him to drop it off at the local mechanics for a proper check over.
Other than the disc, wheel and wing hes got off lightly. Could of been nasty if he'd been doing 70.
Lucky boy hey.
Old 11 June 2011, 11:47 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think there is a argument here for righthand threads on wheels rotating clockwise and lefthand threads for anticlockwise. I am pretty sure some comerical vehicles have this.
Old 12 June 2011, 05:06 AM
largeSteve
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by daviee
Think there is a argument here for righthand threads on wheels rotating clockwise and lefthand threads for anticlockwise. I am pretty sure some comerical vehicles have this.
What differance would it make?
Only cars with one wheelnut in the middle would gain owt, and i believe they do have left and right hand threads. The rorational force of the wheel has no effect on cars with more than one stud/nut.
Old 12 June 2011, 06:52 AM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

bloody lucky

thats all i got to say.

never happened to me so far touch wood
Old 12 June 2011, 08:29 AM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

lol that happen to one off my mates as well i couldnt stop laughing when i saw it but he was lucky too he was doing around 50mph when that happened.
Old 12 June 2011, 10:27 AM
CHOLTON
Scooby Regular

That's why It's important to always check your nuts
Old 12 June 2011, 12:32 PM
terzoscooby
Scooby Regular

Lol happened to me once on M62 at 60 miles an hour in centre lane. I was in a stage 4 mini an I had just started to slow down because of a vibration. Next thing wheel was bouncing off in the headlights and the road lit up behind from sparks. It ground the disc flat and half the nut on the bott ball joint. I got it onto the hard shoulder and found the wheel about a mile down the road leaning against the crash barrier. I jacked the car up took a wheel nut off each wheel and drove home 15 miles. Good job it was 11pm. I always torque my wheel nuts but on inspection in the morning there was rust on the back of the wheel which I assumed had broke away an led to lose nuts.
Old 12 June 2011, 01:03 PM
s c o o b y
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh dear

this just reminded me a few years ago my little brother phoned me up he said can you come and give us a tow ive just got stuck on the sand at skeggy beach , he said bring some rope and your 4 wd should tow me out so i goes down there and finds the daft c_nt about 50 yards out he thought the concrete road went out more than it did well what a tw_t he looked
he was in a ford fiesta van well it was down to the floor what a sight there was no way i could pull that out he had to wait for a tractor to come and pull him out the next morning i dont have a picture but i'm sure you can amagine what it must of looked like , oh well your only young once

Last edited by s c o o b y; 12 June 2011 at 01:04 PM.