Notices

Need a Cat 1 Alarm + Tracker? any installers in southwest on here!

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2006, 11:47 PM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a Cat 1 Alarm + Tracker? any installers in southwest on here!

Well now that i am splahing out some money getting the car all sorted i think its time so sort the security out...

so whats the recomended cat 1 alarm? clifford 650? toad ai606? i want to spend say max £600 on the pair and want a tracker that i can have access to from the net to see where my car is....

also fitting included in that price..

so if you are a installer thats prepared to come to swindon SN1 to supply and fit pm or email me @ scooby_me@hotmail.co.uk

i would also like a turbo timer (my old clifford i had to press a button before hitting the arm button and it would lock the car with the turbo timer running) and then engine cut after 60 secs.... but there was not turbo timer visable so i am guessing it was a feature of the alarm, think it was a concept 300.

any sugestions would be great...

also are these tracker all they are cracked up to be?

Thanks

Darren
Old 29 August 2006, 08:20 AM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

You have a few options but it depends on the Tracker your looking for. If it has to be approved for insurance then you arent going to be able to use a website to see where your car is. This is because of security issues etc. If it doesnt have to be approved then i would advise you to go for a Clifford or Viper cat1 with the new Clifford Callguard accessory.

This is a 2 way GSM pager which notifies you via SMS if your car alarm goes off. You also have the ability to activate/deactivate a number of accessories via SMS. Furthermore you can register the sim on a number of websites and this will allow you to locate its position, similar to a tracker.

Turbo Timers can be added to all Viper/ Clifford systems.
Old 30 August 2006, 03:09 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

On a scooby I would definately reccomend an insurance approved Tracker as no doubt if not now then later your insurance will ask for one. You cant just upgrade from a non approved one to an approved one. In terms of an alarm I would go for the Viper 480XV or Clifford concept 650.
Old 30 August 2006, 03:18 PM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

right ok....

have had a few call (send emails to a few alarm/security installers)...

all are saying the top of the range/best tracker that alarm companys want will have web tracking!!! so if this invalidates its status WHY PUT IT ON THE TOP MEDEL!

ok i know this has probably been discussed a million times BUT....

clifford/Viper which is best (i want total closure/turbo timer/lighs flash when armed or disarmed)....

and some prices including install in swindon.

think i am going to go for the alarm this month and the tracker next! this is getting expesive this month!

Thanks

Darren
Old 30 August 2006, 03:29 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Viper and Clifford are both made by Directed electronics. The real difference between the 2 is the Clifford comes with Blackjax as standard. This feature means a thief who has either car jacked you or stolen your car with keys wont get very far because they dont know your personal valet code which you need to enter everytime you open and close a door. The new Viper 480xv is the UK's first and i believe only legal Thatcham cat 1 approved 2 way pager system.

On both systems you can add extra functions such as turbo timer, window closure, prox sensors etc.

Hope this helps. Our website has a complete features list for each of these systems. www.motorguarduk.co.uk.
Old 30 August 2006, 03:31 PM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

can you pm me prices of both inc fitting in swindon?
Old 31 August 2006, 09:00 AM
evolutionice.com
BANNED

Clifford Concept 650:

2x immobiliser cuts
Blackjax
2 Optional Outputs

Viper 480XV
3Immobiliser points
VRS: Vehicle recover system. A similar but different version of blackjax which is Thatcham approved (IIRC)
5 optional Outputs

Apart from these changes both systems are almost identical.
Old 01 September 2006, 03:55 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Sorry Scooby me but we dont offer a mobile service at this present moment. If you can manage the trip down to brum then we can definately be of service to you. We have some real good specials on at the moment on the Clifford c650 and Viper 480xv. Customers are travelling down from all over the country. Give us a shout if you wish on 0121 326 8877.