Notices

clifford concept 50x???

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 10:23 AM
urfy001
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clifford concept 50x???

Got a bit of a problem, the module on my alarm is buggered and left the car immobile now I've been to my local cliffird dealer which is different to the one that installed it (out of business) and have told me that my warranty is only valid with the original installer also they mentioned that because its an old model clifford will not have any in stock (don't know if all this is true).

The AA guy offered to disarm the clifford in order to get the car mobile but there may issues with the warranty.

I've checked on ebay for a module but I'm only able to find a module for a concept 50 and not a 50x.

All I want to ask is, if possible is the clifford dealer telling porkies and if not can I replace a 50x for a 50 module
Old 20 March 2006, 11:51 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Your warranty is with Clifford, not the fitters as it does not cover labour costs anyway. They are probably right about clifford not having c50x stock as it is quite a few years old now. You cannot replace a 50x with a 50 as they are completely different, but clifford should be able to repair it as the offer lifetime warranty (assuming your the original purchaser). How do you know its the main cpu thats buggered?
Old 21 March 2006, 10:36 AM
urfy001
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the reply, I had an car electrician look at it(a pretty good electrician too!), as did AA guy when i called him out both said the same thing as I'm unable to arm or disarm the alarm checked both fobs and they are in working order, also tried to disarm using the valet code but that wouldn't work either. The car electrician can disable the clifford and asked if I'm able to get a hold of a new cpu unit thats why i asked about the clifford C50 (plenty of those on ebay but no C50x's). Its a bit of a pain cos the 2 clifford dealers are not really interested in helping, so if you or any1 reading this has a clifford c50x pls contact me
Old 21 March 2006, 06:04 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

First thing to do would be totally power down the system. Find the two main fuses, one 5amp and one 20amp, remove them. The side of the fuse holders that go to the alarm (ie not the live side) link together with a bit of wire and then touch the other end of the wire to a good earth point. Leave it like that for 30sec or so to allow all the components on board to completely discharge. Replace the fuses and try programing the remotes in as per your user manual. This is one thing the older cliffords are known for and is why many people think they are s$$t and despite it not being a problem with the current G5 range some still have that opinion. If this fails to work then it will need to go back to clifford to be reprogrammed. If your in hertfordshire area I am happy to have a look for you (I am clifford certified) just pm me.
Old 23 March 2006, 09:58 AM
urfy001
Scooby Newbie

unfortunately I live up in the glasgow area, but thanks for the advice I'll give that a try or I'll let the car electricial to have a try,