Notices

Clifford concept 600 for a my01 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2001, 05:43 PM
Theo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Has anybody fitted already an Clifford concept 600 in a WRX MY01 ??

I have one in my car car in a few weeks time, and I realy like to know if the fitting is different than in a MY99/MY00 !

The guy who is gonna fit it, has done a few MY99/MY00 ,...but i'm his first MY01.
Old 04 May 2001, 07:35 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah I've had one fitted in mine for about a month now,the installers had no problems but they did use the specially ordered 'WRX Version' Clifford 600.
To be honest initially the alarm was a pain up the **** especially that 'Black-jax' thingy but now I just get in & type my code in without knowing I've done it.
Get the optional turbo timer fitted,well worth it IMHO,The drivers door now comes with an electric locking motor unlike the my00 and earlier versions but as normal the boot is a mechanical lock therefore not operational by your alarm fob.
Regarding the Black-jax,get your installer to programme a simple code of no more then 2 digits,it will make life a lot easier in the long run.

Good Luck,
Old 04 May 2001, 08:43 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Question

555 BOY, is your car UK supplied? if it is did fitting the clifford affect your warranty?

simon.
Old 05 May 2001, 11:51 AM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

PCB,
No its a Euro supplied car(Holland)which did'nt come with any type of alarm,as far as I'm aware this does not effect the warranty in any way,and even if it does I'd rather have a car without a warranty than a car thats gone AWOL

Old 05 May 2001, 06:15 PM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Question

Theo just a quick one. Who is fitting your Clifford? Make sure it's not VIN (Vehicle Instalation network)
Old 05 May 2001, 07:18 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Errrm 555, dont know who told you that you couldnt have the remote boot release, its great on my "lowly" MY00 good for when your hands are full of shopping, if you want an expert to fit this for you ill give you his number, he normally does most of manchester so you may be ok and hes a top notch bloke too!

Tony
Old 05 May 2001, 07:54 PM
Theo
Scooby Regular

Mine is getting Fitted overhere in Holland
Old 05 May 2001, 09:07 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Wink

Tony,
I just presumed that an electric boot release could'nt be fitted due to it being a 100% mechanical locking system therefore the only way to achieve this would be via a solonoid or motor etc..... thus adding extra weight and money for very little gain.
Ta for the offer anyway & I did'nt mean to sound down your 'Lowly my00'.

P.S. I don't do any shopping anyway,thats what women are for !
Old 06 May 2001, 11:14 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trust me when i say that its a blessing in disuise sometimes, one quick push of a button and pop!! the weight gain aint alot, its only a small motor and it doesnt add that much to the car, but its better than having to open the door and release manually thou!!

Tony
Old 06 May 2001, 09:05 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah I might consider it,but not just yet,I've still not been shafted with my tax bill yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope the nice little tax man has forgot about liddle ole me Not bloody likely !
Old 11 May 2001, 12:40 AM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Should be no problem fitting a 600 on a MY01. Although the old STi WRX's did need to have a modified 600 ecu fitted due to some strange ignition related components that upset the delicate clifford processor and also operation of the wireless immobilisation, the new '01 model just because it is designated WRX has no such problems. Hence it doesn't require a modified unit and it means the third wireless immobilisation circuit can also be used. Get yourself the electric boot release kit fitted, as everyone says it's well worth it and only adds maybe 1 lb in weight. Locking is straight forward, just like '99 and '00 models, single wire cut to lock and ground to unlock to trigger it, or reverse polarity on the drivers door existing lock motor only, depending on your installer's preference. Very little indeed has changed on the '01 as far as the C600's installation is concerned.

Regards,

Max
Old 11 May 2001, 06:25 PM
Theo
Scooby Regular

Thanks .....to you all !
Old 13 May 2001, 11:57 PM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

Gents.... A word of warning......

I contacted Craig for an alarm and expected him to come and fit it. Little did I know that he'd sub'ied the job out to some bloke called Matt from Birmingham who runs his own company called VIN. Matt came down and installed quite possibly the worst Alarms in the world to mine and my mother in laws car (needless to say I don't hear the last of it) The ALARMS ARE **** mate! My mother in law basically has to stand next to her car for the alarm to disarm (dont say change the batteries it was the first second and third thing we've tried), and thats only one of the problems. Matt/VIN have been about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Lesson learned from this? Don't try and save a few quid by having some mobile cowboy fitter come and install your alarm. More trouble than it's worth. Take it to a reputable dealer..... At least you can take the car back to them if it goes wrong! That's what I'm going to do with my new car anyway.

Craig, why are you suddenly be-littleing VIN when you bloody got him to come and install our alarms? Needless to say my faith in mobile installers is almost non-existent now.

Karlos

[This message has been edited by Karlos (edited 14 May 2001).]
Old 14 May 2001, 12:00 AM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

Craig,

Please read my reply in the "alarm recommendations" post

Cheers,

Karlos
Old 14 May 2001, 09:27 AM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Angry

Karlos!! First of all have you ever got in touch with me about your problems? NO I don't think so. Secondly if you wish to read ALL the threads about Mat and VIN you would know that i too got took for £12000. So before you come on here slagging me off get your facts right. I can fix something i know nothing about and too upset you even more i am not a cowboy (slander i think?) i have alot of very happy customers so maybe a different approch my have been better.