Notices

FAO Sigma Sam: M30 Superlock Disarm Problem

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2006, 04:18 PM
Palmo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy FAO Sigma Sam: M30 Superlock Disarm Problem

I locked the car approx. 3 weeks ago using 'Superlock' mode (which I have used on many occassions in the past). I know my PIN and this has always worked fine.

Today I have come to disarm the system by opening the door and entering the PIN. However, the system will not disarm - just goes into alarm mode for approx. 30 seconds then re-sets and so on. If I shut the door and don't try to re-enter the car the alarm stops and does not continue. The key fobs obviously won't work to disarm either.

The only thing I have done differently recently I have the car connected to a battery conditioner (accumate). Surely this isn't the problem?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I cannot get the car disarmed at the moment.
Old 13 January 2006, 04:29 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Mmmm...
The battery conditioner shouldn't cause a problem.
The system sounding continually in the cycle you mention is normal, and with the door shut the alarm resets without triggering - again normal.
The "only" problem is that the system isn't accepting the PIN
I'm assuming from the post that you are used to the method of entering the PIN, but just check that you are observing the following:

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

If you have followed all the above, can you let me know if the LED built into the keypad is illuminating on pressing a digit - if not then it may be that the cable is damaged or the connector has come unplugged?
If you could also let me know model year it may help.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 13 January 2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 13 January 2006, 04:37 PM
Palmo
Scooby Regular

Wow - That was a fast response - Thanks!

The key pad does flash red after each press of the digits, but upon entering the 4th digit it flashes several times really fast - I guess as if the PIN is not recognised.

I have had the car almost 3 years and did change the PIN from the 'pre-programmed PIN' when I got it, and changed the PIN approx 6 months ago to a new number - non of which caused me a problem at the time. I have tried (just to make sure) my previous PIN number and the factory pre-programmed number with no success.

The car is a WRX MY02. It is a Euro import from Belgium but had the system (M30) 'retro-fitted' when imported into the UK.

Just to confirm - all I need to do to disarm is open the door, then enter the 4 digit PIN and the system should disarm!
Old 13 January 2006, 05:59 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Yep, thats all you need to do.

I forgot to paste the main section into my post before, but have added it now.
From what you say however - "all ok til the last digit" then I must admit other than the wrong PIN I'm baffled.

Could be a way to get you mobile again though if you have the system's serial number. Its a 16 digit number with a - midway. It should be printed on the foil with the original PIN or possibly on another foil with a bar code inside the glovebox, to the right hand side of the lid.

If you can PM me again with the system's serial number and ORIGINAL PIN, if you were the original purchaser then I should be able to confirm that you are authentic and may be able to help.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 13 January 2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 14 January 2006, 12:35 AM
Palmo
Scooby Regular

Smile Problem Sorted!

Ears ringing, and headache after many attempts to disarm the alarm, with the siren going in a garage (just to amplify things further) - but I have finally managed to disarm it.

Thanks for the tip on using a rubber tipped pencil - this worked a treat. When I used this and pressed the digits firmly, it disabled the alarm on the first attempt. This must have allowed the digits to be pressed more precisely, although I have never had a problem before using just my fingers.

What confuses me is that when I used my fingers the red LED lit after each digit pressed as if recognised?

One question though - I input the code many times - even trying my previous code and the 'pre-programmed' code, but fortunately the system did not lock me out as you indicated it should in your guide. Is this because the digits were not actually registering despite the red LED flashing?

Anyway.....thank-you very much for first class advice!
Old 14 January 2006, 09:22 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Glad to hear managed in the end .

I think you may have hit the nail on the head regarding the keypad "locking out" after three incorrect attempts - you say fortunately the system didn't do this, but I think it had and this was infact the problem.
Could you have initially mistyped the PIN (without the help of the pencil!) and then when this didn't work have tried the previous PINs - creating the lockout situation? When this occurs, the keypad LED will still illuminate as it should and digits 1-3 appear to function, however, in a lock out situation the alarm itself ignores the keypad input for 30 mins. As the system does not register the input, this would explain the rapid flash after the 4th digit (implying the input has not been recognised or is incorrect) even though the correct PIN had been entered.
When you tried the same procedure later with the pencil, the lock out period had simply expired - This would make some sense.

We are introducing a new keypad on 06MY Subaru vehicles that has more conventional buttons that you should find easier to press. This would be ideal if you regularly use the SuperLock feature.
These will be compatible with older M30 systems and will be a plug in replacement - no programming is necessary.
These should be available from the dealers in several months, but as yet have not been assigned a part number.
The only issue if retro fitting the new keypad to a UK supplied vehicle is that the new keypad will not fit within the existing keypad mounting bracket in the fuse box cover.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 14 January 2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 18 January 2006, 10:24 AM
sizzy1969
Scooby Newbie

sigma alarm instructions being sold on ebay Item number: 8031368136
Old 01 February 2006, 04:55 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
We are introducing a new keypad on 06MY Subaru vehicles that has more conventional buttons that you should find easier to press. This would be ideal if you regularly use the SuperLock feature.
These will be compatible with older M30 systems and will be a plug in replacement - no programming is necessary.
These should be available from the dealers in several months, but as yet have not been assigned a part number.
The only issue if retro fitting the new keypad to a UK supplied vehicle is that the new keypad dimensions are slightly smaller so the will not fit within the existing keypad mounting bracket in the fuse box cover on 01-06My.

SS
The later keypad with the raised buttons is now available from dealers part number SACC 3546 (iro £20 supply only). As I stated before no programming is neccessary, however the new keypad is slightly smaller, so if you intend to fit this to an 01-05MY Impreza you will also require a new mounting bracket part number SACC 3544 (if you intend to fit this to an 03-05MY Forester you will also require a new mounting bracket part number SACC 3545)
99-00 MY Impreza's and Legacy models (with the keypad located in the glovebox) do not require any metalwork.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 01 February 2006 at 04:58 PM.