Notices

Clifford intelliGuard 950

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2005, 12:24 PM
mrfuzzyfelts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford intelliGuard 950

Where is the best / Cheapest place to get one of these???

Anyone got this alarm system?? is it good.???

Cheers
tom
Old 13 April 2005, 10:43 PM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

I had one fitted on mine a few weeks ago... I didn't know whether to go for the 950 or the Avantguard 5 - in the end I plumped for the 950 with a few extras (turbo timer, window closures, night vision and remote start) - been happy with it so far.

Bought it from GAP security (they use approved fitters around the country) - they'll even fit it at your home or place of work. I had a look around a few sites for the cheapest price - there wasn't a lot in it (some had the alarm cheaper but had the extras being more expensive, and vice versa).

It cost about £1100 (including fitting) - they threw in one of the blue Clifford windscreen LEDs for free

The only niggle I've got with the system is that I've turned the auto lock/unlock with ignition option on. If I arm the system and then activate the tubo timer, the doors unlock on the car until the turbo timer switches off (when the doors lock again). I can get around this by turning the auto lock feature off, but I wish I didn't have to...
Old 14 April 2005, 03:45 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Two things:

1 - I don't think this is thatcham approved, is it, so if you need a thatcham cat 1 or 2 on your car for theft insurance to be in place, this isn't a good idea...

2 - have a search on this site for GAP to see some of the quality work that they have done up to and including managing to install an alarm in a way that melted out a chap's electrics in his new impreza.
Old 14 April 2005, 04:48 PM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

The alarm itself is Thatcham approved - as long as you don't enable BlackJax (which is turned off by default), and as long as you don't have Remote Start / Turbo Timer installed...

They installed the alarm, wrote the certificate, and then installed the other bits In their defence, they told me about the risks of having the extras invalidating the Thatcham category.

As I said, GAP use a network of installers - mine was installed by a Clifford approved installer from Bristol. In my instance, GAP only acted as a supplier of the kit and forwarded the installation onto a 3rd party. As with all trades, you get cowboys...

As it stands at the moment, I'd have no hesitation to go through the same supplier and fitter again... If things prove me otherwise, I'll post an update