Notices

Bloody Masts...

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2004, 08:30 PM
The Welshman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody Masts...

Hey there folks, have any of you had any problem with the alarm on a 2001 or later playing up when parked fairly close to a radio mast? By fairly close i mean 500 yards away and its on the top of a bloody big tower block in Sheffield.
I only got the car, a 2001 WRX Wagon that i absolutely love, last thursday and the two times I have been to work since the damn car wouldnt start. Tonight I had to push it half a mile away before the signal worked again? Every other time and place its been perfect, apart from being a pain and auto arming...
Is theis a known thing? and if so is there a mod I can do that will sort it out?
Any help would be mucho appriciated, as i gotta go to work tomorrow, and i just know i will be pushing it again....
cheers,
Keith
Old 27 October 2004, 08:34 PM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

hi m8 ....its a common prob u can get a retrofit box to surround the reciever from subaru ..my wagon is a MY00 and its happened a few times if u look at my other posts u will find one that i posted telling u what to do if it does it again and where to try the remote ok ...hope this helps ..good luck
Old 27 October 2004, 09:17 PM
The Welshman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BROOKS1E
hi m8 ....its a common prob u can get a retrofit box to surround the reciever from subaru ..my wagon is a MY00 and its happened a few times if u look at my other posts u will find one that i posted telling u what to do if it does it again and where to try the remote ok ...hope this helps ..good luck
THat was a super fast answer Brooks1e!!. Thanks for that m8, going to work again tomorrow, so no doubt it will happen again... Just to try and figure it out I have been reading the security manual that i got with the car, and it looks like I can use the key pad on the drivers side to arm or disarm the alarm and immobiliser... so will try that as well, I have the code.. ( gotta be better than pushing the thing down the road!!)...
Cheers mate,
Keith
Old 28 October 2004, 01:29 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Question

To be honest the problem with the Sigma is raised so often can't we make it a sticky in this section?

Anyone?
Old 28 October 2004, 09:08 PM
The Welshman
Scooby Regular

Well i got the immobiliser to unarm itself tonight quite easily...
I just put the fob touching under my chin and it worked straight away!! Thanks for the tips folks.... but I reckon it must be my big ariel that did it......
Old 29 October 2004, 11:12 AM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

Yup, touching the remote on your chin or head amplifies the signal and will work most of the time. The alarm you have was made prior to 2000, before the government granted licences to broadcast signals at 420-430Mhz, yours is set at 433Mhz, which is why you get bleed over. You will have nightmares if parked in the wrong place at a hospital too! You can get a new unit, post 2000 fitted, or put up with it.

Look here too, all the feature codes for your keypad, including setting for when you go on holiday (saves the battery running out) and how to change your PIN, the previous owner knows it, so worth changing it.

http://www.wwwebcreations.co.uk/scoo...a_m30_info.pdf
Old 29 October 2004, 11:35 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Sticky sticky sticky????
Old 19 November 2004, 09:45 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Keef69
Look here too, all the feature codes for your keypad, including setting for when you go on holiday (saves the battery running out) l]
This code being the Superlock mode? Also good if you go somewhere and there is a risk of your car keys being stolen.
Old 09 December 2004, 10:05 PM
powerman
Scooby Regular

I have had the same problems in Skipton with my MY2000,apparently there is a mod available from your local dealer at a cost of about thirty five squid..
got a 03 now and seems ok..........powerman
Old 10 December 2004, 09:16 AM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

Have this problem in Chesterfield Centre.
Have to manually lock the car and on return have to input a key code which bypassers the alarm and starts the car. Alarm is a Sigma (MY00)

I would have thought you'd have something simaliar to us classic lot.....pushing the car 1/2 mile is totally insane.

Check to see if theres a keycode panel?

Ashley
Old 10 December 2004, 12:10 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

This subject seems to have been discussed extensivley here, but I would like to clear up a few points:

- All vehicles that passed through the import centre from January 2001 are equipped with the latest receiver boards that are "Tetra Resistant" and so should not experience this problem.

- A keypad is fitted to ALL models with the UK standard fit alarm system (from 99 MY) as an emergency overide, in the event of loss, damage, flat radio key battery etc. (The keypad also allows the driver to access a number of features and is a complete programming tool for the dealers).

- The keypad can NOT be effected by "Radio Lock-Out", as it is hard wired into the system and does not rely on a radio transmission.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a secuity feature to prevent random attemts at steeling the vehicle, however, it is also an inconvenience if you are suffering "Radio Lock Out" and enter your PIN incorrectly.

- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

My advice is to read the alarm system's instruction manual, practice entering the PIN before you need it and, if you bought the car second hand, ensure you know the correct PIN as this could have been changed by the previous owner and can be changed to one of your own choosing.
Ensure your keypad is operational before you need it on a dark night!

I hope this has cleared up a number of points that have been raised and will help to keep eveyone mobile.

SS
Old 10 December 2004, 12:20 PM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

my subaru dealer can get the new piece for my alarm free of charge from sigma, 2000 model x reg. but won't give me until i agree to pay £60 + vat fitting