Notices

Faulty Alarm MY01 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2003, 03:40 PM
ScoobyDooMe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This quite a long story with no real outcome so I will make it brief.

April 30 2001 - bought car new from Subaru main dealear.
August 2001 - Alarm kept going off in the middle of the night.
after several nights took car the garage, I got the cat jumping on the car or a spider on one of the senors scenario, so they turned down the sensitivity.

After a while no problems until one day I stopped in Tesco's, activated the alarm and the alarm goes off, decativate the alarm and it stops, this kept happening. Also the alarm was making a very load clicking sound when I ativited the alarm.

Putting in the pin code would not stop or reset the alarm or stop the very load clicking sound and also all the usual checks of doors bonnet etc etc didn't help.

Anyway - several visits back to the dealer in August and September 2001, 2 new kepads and a new ECU.

January 2002, clicking noise started again, very intermitent, no rthyme, reason or pattern to it apart from it only happening in very cold weather.

After a month or so through January, February it stopped and has never happened since.

Until recently, again very cold weather and it did it once. I've taken it back to the dealer who says there's nothing wrong with it.

Andy suggestions or similar experiences.

Old 30 January 2003, 05:23 PM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good heavens Evans, sounds like you've got at least two problems here. Firstly the siren should be replaced, then the sensors should be checked and changed if neccessary and the alarm programmed correctly with the CP1 programmer. These alarms are normally extremely reliable and a visit to a competent dealer should resolve all the problems to your complete satisfaction. Good luck.