Notices

Alarm issues.sigma M30?

Search this Thread

Old 26 December 2019, 03:19 PM
Speedy4888
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm issues.sigma M30?

Bought a hawkeye wrx fairly cheaply with the keyless entry and central locking not working. After tracing the wiring for the keypad and sensors I've found that there isn't a sigma control box, just the plug with 4 wires unplugged, 2 twisted together (see pic) car won't start with those disconnected

Fuel pump switch
and sounds like a relay gets switched when they connect. Fuel pump has been put onto a separate switch next to fog lights so I'm assuming that was to bypass the immobiliser. Question is, do I trace the loom through and repair the splices or just get another control unit. I've got 2 alarm fobs, so assume i just need a control unit with code?

The plug

Key and fob
Old 26 December 2019, 05:24 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

The two button key and separate sigma fob would suggest the car's a grey/parallel import and the alarm was fitted later, so probably wired differently to fitment by Subaru UK.

I believe at this stage the alarm wiring loom was already incorporated into the cars OEM loom for UK Delivery.

Last edited by Don Clark; 26 December 2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 26 December 2019, 06:05 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

The 20 pin clear connector plug in your picture above, appears to be the plug for the OEM Security control module not the Sigma alarm ECU
It's location being on the left hand side of the car by the A pillar behind the kick panel.
It also links to the Keyless entry module.
Old 26 December 2019, 06:31 PM
Speedy4888
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Clark
The two button key and separate sigma fob would suggest the car's a grey/parallel import and the alarm was fitted later, so probably wired differently to fitment by Subaru UK.

I believe at this stage the alarm wiring loom was already incorporated into the cars OEM loom for UK Delivery.
Thanks for the info. Forgot to say the car was originally sold in Malta and imported new to a car lease company. The OEM security module seems to have flat pins, whereas the plug that's been chopped ilhas round pins. Also have the keypad and sensor plugs separate. Only assumed it would be a sigma control module as the pictures of the plugs seemed to match what is currently fitted

Pin shape and other plugs
Old 26 December 2019, 08:32 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Have dug around a bit more and it would appear that the 20 pin clear plug pinout does seem to correlate with the sigma alarm main plug input/outputs.(compared to M30 alarm module)

So the security control module in the Subaru wiring diagrams is probably the Sigma unit (with factory integrated wiring) and looking at your fob again probably for a Sigma S series alarm module rather than the earlier M30.
This would make sense as it's a hawkeye and no part number is available for the control module in the parts database.
Which version I'm not sure but probably the S30.