Notices

K/hill track day.

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2002, 05:22 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

One thing to watch is the daylight hours. Knockhill don't allow us to run in the dark, hence the reason most of the track evenings start ni April after the clocks change. I think until then it's probably getting dark around 8pm or earlier.

The private hire is how I organise the SIDC event. Simply hire the track for our own use, determine the price by the number of participants, and then hope we get enough people interested to cover the costs! We've been lucky so far in that we've always had enough people taking part, and the luxury of a reserve list at most of the events last year.

I'm sure that quite a few people would be interested in a two hour session though
Old 08 February 2002, 05:52 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Wink

thanks john,

I am biting at the bit to get back out on track and still do not know if I can make the SIDC days that you do .if there is enough interest I was hoping to try and push for a weekend day, like the last top marque of last year so that day light would not be a problem and attendance should be higher.K/hills reply was short and sweet,but the way I understand it is that with enough names they would organise the day as a top marque event.I have cut and pasted the reply to my mail.

A normal track hire of 2 hours is £900 plus vat, or 30 cars at only £35 or each. An earlier date could organised but weather, day light restrictions and enthusiam in March may not be as strong. I will offer a date if you think you can get the numbers. Please advise.
Stuart Gray

I see that there is a hot hatch day on the 17th but I'm not sure if I would want to do it so thought this may be better.
Old 08 February 2002, 05:56 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

my original mail to K/hill was,

hi,

I see from your website that you are running top marque nights on the 3rd thursday of each month.is that including Febuary?.

I could probably be able to organise quite a few cars,if there is one this month.
Old 08 February 2002, 06:35 PM
Richie1
Scooby Regular

If you need to make any numbers up then I might be interested (depends on date )

Old 10 February 2002, 06:27 PM
pob on the job
Scooby Regular

I'd be interested, date dependant 'cos I'm offshore.
If you have any trouble making up the numbers you could always open it up to the Evo / Lotus boys.
Old 10 February 2002, 06:39 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

i am in but you already know that
Old 10 February 2002, 09:37 PM
Neil XR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would be interested in a knockhill track session
Old 10 February 2002, 10:35 PM
Cosie Convert
Scooby Regular

Count me in too It wont be in the scoob though as I've just warped one disc and cracked another whilst doing some data logging runs on the road No way the 2 pots will cope with 400 bhp on track I wish !
Old 11 February 2002, 07:35 PM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

John,

I could probably get together 5 or 6 if you still need numbers.
They do the hot hatch days with track cars, but are a bit older than the usual and have a few more brains.

David
Old 15 February 2002, 04:47 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

just thought you may want to know how things were going with this.

I forwarded this thread to K/hill and they gave me a provisional earlier Top Marque date,subject to me getting 20cars.the only problem is that it is not as early as I had hoped for,(end/March) and I feel this is too close to SIDC track day on the 17th March.I think that had it been earlier we could have got twenty cars no problem so have informed them that due to the dates that I do not think I could get 20 .

it will be interesting to see if the top marque events start earlier next year,as I think K/hill have recieved a few calls/E-mails about this,going by their response and the fact that originally I needed 30cars and at the end I only needed to get 20.

anyway,with any luck it will be pi55ing on the March 16th so that I can get the 17th off,as the chances are if it's dry I'll be working .pity,as I'd love to see the look on Sam's face when all the scoobs pass him on lap6 because he has run out of fuel
Old 15 February 2002, 04:55 PM
Gareth Allan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yeah, Sam's latest mod is a tow hook so he can take a trailer of fuel to each track.

The trailer will have its own ecu to prevent it jack knifing when encountering roundabouts and AYC.

Not jealous at all,

Gareth
Old 15 February 2002, 10:10 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

very funny guys you all talk the talk but would you walk the walk?

sam
Old 18 February 2002, 07:32 PM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

Sam, Unfortunately he not joking.
Last year, 1 EVO 6 plus 1 tank SUL and octane booster = 1 hour.

David
Old 02 August 2002, 04:27 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

hi all,

I have been in touch with K/hill to try and get an earlier top marque night organised,as the first one is not until mid-April .they have told me that if I can get 30cars at 35£ each we can have one in March(but would try and get it asap,2hr session).the other way is to hire the track privately for 2hours at 900£+vat .

if any of the Crailthrashers fancy a change,or any other scoobynetters are needing a track day "fix",post here and if there is enough interest I will forward the thread to K/hill's representative and we'll see what happens.

cheers

[Edited by T-uk - 2/8/2002 4:28:54 PM]
Old 02 October 2002, 10:12 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

keep them coming.if we can get about 20 cars posted on here wanting a track day,I'll send this thread to Stuart Gray @ K/hill.

the other thing I was wondering,is if they would allow a group of top marque type cars out at Sunday's hot hatch day.I think they used to do this years ago,by having two queues,one for the hot hatchers and one for the top marques.

[Edited by T-uk - 2/10/2002 10:17:10 PM]
Old 02 November 2002, 09:36 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Wink

CC,

excuses already

Dave,

I do not want to organise the track day,just bring it to K/hill's attention,that there are top marque owners who are keen for an earlier date.if an earlier date is given,track only "trailered" cars are not allowed at top marque events.all I really want to do,is get enough interest on this thread,then forward it to Stuart Gray @ K/hill and let him decide if he wants to run one earlier.

[Edited by T-uk - 2/11/2002 9:37:38 PM]