Notices

knockhill tonight

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2003, 05:13 PM
sonic-bry
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering what is on tonight coming home from work and passed some minted cars on their way up......
Old 25 September 2003, 09:38 PM
lubo
Scooby Regular

Not a Scooby event, but some seriously fast cars! Still smiling thanks to Kevin
Old 26 September 2003, 10:33 AM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

It was a Vite Sport Hot Marques type event. Went up Went up to watch but of course the temptation to go on track was too much and I ended on and got some good video. No Spinning Skylines though, so had to end up doing a spin myself to get some video. Managed a few lock ups as well, not sure what the problem was, maybe its back with standard pads. I even managed to pull ahead a little of a TVR round the corners though he shot by me on the straights.

Anyway I managed to get out for over a dozen passenger laps in Ally's Radical. I have had loads of fast pax laps in Elises, Exiges, Caterhams, Scoobys and Evos but nothing was anything like the Radical. It was just like a rocket on rails. Even more fun when a 700bhp Cossie was on track with us. The Cossie was even faster in a straight line but not as quick round the corners. I could feel the heat of the Cossies Exhuast as it blew flames and smoke out of it. Many thanks to Ally for an mazing dozen laps. Felt like I was crawling round when I got back in the Elise.

My rear nearside tyre was just about legal at the end of it. A great session with no red flags and quite amazingly, it stayed dry despite big black clouds.
Old 26 September 2003, 12:01 PM
kevin sharp
Scooby Regular

Smile

i had a great night (the cossie is mine)it was running approx 425-450bhp last night it was only running 22psi boost (problems with it blowing a hose off on high boost)...it usually runs 30psi which will make around 520bhp

was good fun with the radical..my front discs were glowing bright orange when i came back into the pit!

Old 26 September 2003, 12:57 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Kevin

Amazing how BHP figures go up when mentioned around the track. Yours is a very fast car though and well impressed. Though you don't have blow so much crap out the back of the car. I was wishing I had a full face helmet on.

I'll be doing video to VCD during the next few days for Ally. If you e-mail me your snail mail address I'll get a copy to you. Give me to next week though as my wee one is on September weekend so quite busy.

I doubt if I'll be back on track now as being on the dole, I really can't afford any more wear and tear. Though my Elise has been totally reliable for 32 track events which I think is really good. I can set up a bullet camara more or less anwyawhere on a car so maybe next time you are on track I could rig up a camera on the outside of your car.

Iain

Iain
Old 26 September 2003, 03:03 PM
kevin sharp
Scooby Regular

hi iain,

you shouldnt have been sitting so low!
a copy of the vid would be great
whats snail mail? i can tell you just about anything about a cossie but i,m a bit thick with computers LOL
you can set the camera up on my car in exchange for a spin round the track in it, deal?

cheers
Kev
Old 26 September 2003, 03:11 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Snail Mail.....

Is that not what old people used in the 20th Century!!

Its your postal address mate!!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 26 September 2003, 03:14 PM
kevin sharp
Scooby Regular

Red face

ah right thanks grant....hadnt heard that one before
Old 26 September 2003, 05:59 PM
AFR
Scooby Regular

Iain, pleasure to take you out in the Radical. Good to see you there last night. Yellow smartie was going well as usual too. Forgot you were in an open faced helmet when were behind the Cossie. I had my full face helmet on and was still getting a good spray myself.

Fast Cossie you got there Kevin. Yourself and the Tuscan (did it have a mod'd engine? saw a sticker about "prototype engine" on the side) were both pulling away from me on the straights and not too shabby through the corners either. I've got an Evo 7 Extreme S with c. 380bhp and it chucks out a load of fuel/guff too when driven hard. And goes down to about 8-10 mpg.

P.S. Iain, cheers for the offer of a copy of the Vid. I'll mail you my snailmail address.
Old 26 September 2003, 09:46 PM
kevin sharp
Scooby Regular

hi ally , i was speaking to the guy with the tuscan at the end of the night it has a modified induction system/diffrent chip etc

its the 7 speed dog box i have in my cossie that makes it go so well...if i still had the old 5 speed syncro box in it you would have got past me up the straights as the gear ghanges were quite laggy with the t4 turbo it has on.
i need to do some suspension work on mine i think to have a chance of staying with you round the back
my mate has some footage of us going round together i could send you a copy if you want

iain i have mailed you my "snail mail" address
Old 26 September 2003, 09:49 PM
sonic-bry
Scooby Regular

Wink

Kev whats happening with the track car ?????
Old 26 September 2003, 09:55 PM
kevin sharp
Scooby Regular

Talking

its in hand

if i,m going to swap all the stuff out of my n plate i will be doing it in december

are you brian with the blue impreza?
Old 26 September 2003, 10:05 PM
sonic-bry
Scooby Regular

Thats me neebs.Seen you on thurs night passing loch Leven tell you what that Landcruiser is lookin SHARP aye
Old 26 September 2003, 10:06 PM
sonic-bry
Scooby Regular

Wink

You wouldn't have seen me was in ma warp speed ford
Old 26 September 2003, 10:17 PM
kevin sharp
Scooby Regular

Talking

ah so you have to leave the scoob at home and jump into a ford to get the pulse racing
Old 26 September 2003, 10:20 PM
sonic-bry
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thats it you know the score m8. They are cheep to run especialy 1.1 fiesta free styleeeee. The Silver rocket is road legal to.