Notices

KH Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2003, 10:24 PM
rickydiver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Went over to watch the elise track night, very entertaining. The guy with the Ferrari was having a great tussle with the elise before he was pushed to far and spun out big time at the hairpin.How he never wiped out someone I dont know. I am sure he was pist off being outdriven by the wee elise The elise did look very fast though. Nice driving Skynet you had a good wee fight at the end with the TypeR civic, looks like you drove the hairpin much better than him and held your own up the straight, what happened at the top ? did he have more speed at the end of the straight?. Only one scoob on the track when I was there, very nice 22b is it someone from on here ? Left the braking nice and late near the end and had a nice lock up going into the hairpin, great driving m8 nice sounding zost as well Maybe one day I will have the ***** to take my wagon out (dowt it though).
Ricky

[Edited by rickydiver - 12/07/2003 07:58:10]
Old 11 July 2003, 10:47 PM
kart_man
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Wicked night !!! Had a load of fun in the Skyline, although I now know how a Skyline handles with hot tyres !!! Urgh !! Apologies to anyone behind me when I had my sideways moments, but at least I kept it on the track at the hairpin !! (not like a certain ferrari).

Great night - Big thanks to the Lotus guys for organising.

Old 11 July 2003, 10:54 PM
Ross Taylor
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yep - Really enjoyed tonite...

Good standard of driving, and everybody was lapping at a decent ol' lick...

It was far better than a Hot Marques night imho, and right up there with the usual SIDC events...

Hopefully it'll become a regular thing...

Cheers,

Ross.

(Ice Blue S2 H9RDT)
Old 12 July 2003, 12:09 AM
tut
Scooby Regular

Ricky

The 22B was Gordon Faulkner's, there with his wife Anne. Was good to see him again after quite a gap. I was driving the blue Elise, N1 TUT, that was lapping with the Ferrari. He is a good bloke, and uses his car as opposed to posing in it. We had a good session together, no way that I can pass him on the straight, but twas only a matter of time before he spun at Clark's or the Hairpin.

tut

Some good cars there, and the overall standard of driving was excellent. Probably the least amount of lost time to red flags that I can remember.
Old 12 July 2003, 07:57 AM
rickydiver
Scooby Regular

Tut, you did have a good tussle with the Ferrari. It is nice to see a car like that being driven how it should (with the exception of the spin of course!). Must say your own driving was v good which is why I think he ended up spinning.
There was also a dark blue elise that lost it at the hairpin, he so nearly caught the spin but lost it at the last minute, good laugh for us watching, heart stopping for him no damage only his pride hurt.
Ricky.
Old 12 July 2003, 08:27 AM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Talking

Tut, As I was reading this thread, I started to smile and shake my head at the same time

Kind of had the feeling that the blue elise would be the N1 TUT mobile.

C U soon m8. Paul, KP and I will be there on the 26th.

Jools
Old 12 July 2003, 01:27 PM
tut
Scooby Regular

Thanks Ricky.

Jools

Hoping to make Alford tomorrow, but believe you are away at present. Just filled John's form in for the 26th, and although not a cert, pretty good chance that I will make it.

Juggling a lot of ***** at the moment with family, finances, track days, competitions etc.

tut
Old 13 July 2003, 01:30 AM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Ricky

Was a great night and really enjoyed my tussle with the Civic Typre R. As the night went on we both got well on the limit and the two Exiges that were with us at started to dissapear from sight in the rear view mirrors. The TypeR was a joy to watch going round the corners and even though he was holding me up slightly in them I was not bothered as it was great spectating. My Elise was even starting to slide and his TypeR was on one wheel at one stage. On the straights he had just a tiny bit more poke than me and I was flat out and just couldn't get by him. If he had lifted off a touch I would have got by, but doubt if I would have got that far ahead off him. Did try to outbrake him on the straight once but decided that would put him in a bad position for Duffas and just backed off at the last minute and let him stay infront.

It was a great night and the pace was smashing. Just managed to keep it from going to sessions which was lucky. Open pit lane is so much better. Was only going to spectate but the temptation to go on track once there was too much. You should really try the SIDC day. In the four hours there will be plenty quiet times suitable for a newbie to get some experience. However once bitten you'll want to go on track all the time, that's what happended to me after my first SIDC track day last March. Last night was my 27th time on track and my standard S2 Elise has never let me down once. Kames is also a good place to get experience, think John Stevesnon is trying to organise another one. Your only on track by yourself so no worries about other cars. Great for improving cornering skills.

Did you get any passenger laps yesterday? I went for a limo ride in the Lexus ;-) It was quite amazing on track and very powerful. It got bogged down badly in the hairpin though. As his lines improved he decided that he could follow an Elise through Clarks. That's when we tried out it's rallying abilities, which turned out to be quite extraordinary. The gravel trap certainly didn't trap it and it carved itself a path through it all and somehow back on track. All good fun and no damage. Roll on the SIDC event. Temptation time again.
Old 13 July 2003, 10:29 AM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Cool

tut. is gordon faulkner on the net? i've got some info for him.
Old 13 July 2003, 07:39 PM
tut
Scooby Regular

The e-mail address I have for him is gordonfaulkner@compuserve.com

tut