Notices

KH / "PAX Laps Welcome" signs

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2003, 11:58 AM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Although the signs were displayed by quite a few, I still got the impression that spectators were embarassed to ask (I had no takers all day apart from people I knew).

I suggest, for next time, I print off a few A4 flyers which could be blu-tak'd to the pit wall.

Any comments on the signs ? (too small / fell off / ambiguous).
Old 11 March 2003, 12:05 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I've been along to a few KH trackday's now but haven't the bottle/cash to take my car out on track.... so I hover around until I ask for a co-pilot slot

It's only human that ppl who don't know you are a little shy about asking for a PAX even if it is ok. Bigger signs will help IMO

Craig
Old 11 March 2003, 12:39 PM
JohnS

Talking

I thought they worked very well indeed. Clearly visible on cars in the pit lane, and not too big to be intrusive. Easy to apply and remove without leaving traces of sticky tape on your window.

Lack of interest - part of the trouble was that most cars were keeping to the car park this time, rather than parking up in the pits, and only ventured into the pits when going out on the track.

I think an A4 flyer that we get people to read when signing on as a passenger would work well, plus perhaps one or two posted along the pit lane and in the cafe/club house etc.

We only had about 50 passengers sign on during the whole event, which is roughly the number of cars, so perhaps more than enough cars to keep the pax happy this time. I'm sure that for future events (and once the system is better known), take up will be much better

John
Old 11 March 2003, 12:47 PM
Big Daz
Scooby Regular

I agree with RB5, was at the last meet of last year and intend to go to some this year also and would love to be "PAX" but too shy to ask people I didnt know. will definatly from now on.

Big Daz
Old 11 March 2003, 01:00 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

I think the idea is good, I've never had a problem scrounging a Pax . Although I didn't have any on Saturday, I wanted to spend more time on getting some good photos

Although, something on the car would make it easier IMO

Stick with it, give people more time to know the system :
Old 11 March 2003, 01:01 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Numptie/JohnS

If you need any big A3 (biggest I can do) laminated signs or whatever then drop me an e-mail and I can organise for you for next time

Cheers
Si
Old 11 March 2003, 01:23 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Although the signs were displayed by quite a few, I still got the impression that spectators were embarassed to ask (I had no takers all day apart from people I knew.
Do you mean to say you were offering pax laps in the yellow beast and I didn't know Ah **** That would have been great....next time
Old 11 March 2003, 01:29 PM
Dougster.
Scooby Regular

If you got in it, it would have suffered from fuel surge Kenny!!
Old 11 March 2003, 01:45 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

I had 9 passengers, 4 of which were purely through the sign. Probably helped that I was either out on track or in the pit lane, and never off long enough to go back to the car park. Sign did fall off my side window so reckon I should have put it in the front window. They are not large enough to get in the way. Agree that a sign should be at passenger signing on and a few displayed around the pit lane etc. After a few session it will work fine.

I will certainly not by shy at asking anyone that has one on the 24th May. Maybe even get a go in a Skyline if there are any there display Passenger's Welcome signs. Asked the last time for a pax lap but no joy, hopefully it wasn't because I nearly hit one that went a bit out of control. Thoroughly enjoyed my pax lap on Saturday in Paul's P1. Like the saying goes "If you don't ask, you don't get". Skye learned that quite quickly, with a big PLEASE of course.
Old 11 March 2003, 01:46 PM
KSY
Scooby Regular

Although the signs were displayed by quite a few, I still got the impression that spectators were embarassed to ask (I had no takers all day apart from people I knew.

Do you mean to say you were offering pax laps in the yellow beast and I didn't know Ah **** That would have been great....next time
May I suggest A3 "PAX WANTED" signs for potential passengers?

Sergey

[Edited by KSY - 3/11/2003 1:55:27 PM]
Old 11 March 2003, 02:11 PM
skyenet
Scooby Regular

Like this Sergey :-)

Old 11 March 2003, 02:13 PM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

The signs were a great idea !

My passenger seat was never empty when I was out, though it was always people I already knew.

I even did a few passenger laps in my car (with a Novice sticker in the back window) - why does anyone want to sit in that seat !!!!

Well done to Numptie and JohnS

Old 11 March 2003, 02:38 PM
KSY
Scooby Regular

Was it on your car Iain?
Old 11 March 2003, 06:41 PM
sambo sei
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

hi there, i'm new 'ere but i went to knockhill on saturday after seeing skyenet's post on another forum, had a quality morning - sum gorgeous cars there and iain even took me and my mate for a few pax laps, cheers for that i saw the cars displayin the stickers no bother but as i had no idea who anybody was (just met iain that day as well) i was a bit scared to just go up to sumone and ask for a shot... tried floatin about near ppl's cars but to no avail :S maybe next time i should just be more forward?
Old 11 March 2003, 07:00 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Smile

I never made it to KH on Saturday , newbie and didnt know if non scoobies would get in (had no intentions of going on the track with ole' faithfull) but I know that I wouldnt have asked for a co-pilot seat for the embarassment factor, its human nature to be coy and not ask for anything.
The signs would be/are a great idea and i will try and look out for them when I make it to a meeting
Laters
Spook
Old 11 March 2003, 10:35 PM
The Saint
Scooby Regular

JS,

I might be able to arrange some nice A0 laminated signs for the next event, from my friendy repro man.

Just e me the artwork.

Saint
Old 12 March 2003, 09:48 AM
JohnS

Saint,

you e-mail address is hidden, so can't send you an e-mail

John
Old 12 March 2003, 10:14 AM
Numptie
Scooby Regular