Sponsored by:

MY02!

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2001, 03:00 PM
wall
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

A fellow car-crazy friend and collegue has just returned from the Japan with some reliable news (from a guy @ Fuji Heavy Ind) on the MY02, and they sound like this:
1 - despite the claims of otherwise Subaru has experienced a BIG worldwide drop in impreza sales due mostly to styling, and so will officially offer NEW WRC-STYLE HEADLIGHTS, LIP, AND RE-DESIGNED WING, certainly as factory options, possibly as standard
2 - optional 18" gold or silver wheels available from the factory (don't know the style)
3 - something revised in the engine to remedy some small problems in the my01

That's all folks,

wall
Old 02 May 2001, 08:03 PM
rnr
Scooby Regular

Smile

About time
Old 02 May 2001, 08:11 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Question

Hopefully they will change the lights, and maybe they could remedy the MY01's lack of power problem, then I could happily go and buy one in europe!

Jon
Old 02 May 2001, 08:47 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

will they lower the suspension and cure the hesitation problem i've been reading about on this bbs?at least they are doing something about the god awful looks. just hope they dont do a massive price hike, or take the p1ss financially if they arent standard fit. then i'm sure they will start selling
Old 02 May 2001, 11:41 PM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

Question

I had a conversation with someone at Subaru UK and he said "there are no plans to change the headlight design of the Impreza in
the next model year".

Now I am confused maybe they will change it everywhere else except here ?

Iain
Old 03 May 2001, 07:17 AM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Cool

When I first saw the "spy" pictures and artist impressions etc of the MY01 I was a little sorry that my MY00 was on order. The new car was incredibly attractive...I wanted one...Whilst the MY01 is growing on me looks wise it just doesn't have the "I've got to have one" looks of it's predecessor. A relatively simple change to the front of the car by Subaru would make the car desirable again,otherwise my next car will probably not be a Subaru.
Old 03 May 2001, 08:18 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I fell in love with the design that Autocar 'scooped' ( ) on the front page, once.

A black car, with overtones of legacy and rounded arch extensions rather than the quattro style ones.

shame.

Still, the new car seems to improve with age, and having seen Pete Croney's demo car in the flesh (even with the original lights) I think it's great.

I'm surprised by the 5 door...Seems to me to look shorter and taller than the old one, and rather handsome too.

I'm getting old!!!!!
Old 03 May 2001, 10:01 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMHO the 5-door kicks the 4-door in the looks department (on the MY01) - I thought so at the Motor Show and so did others.

Of course, Subaru UK will deny any plans to change the cars looks - imagine trying to sell hard selling stale cakes when everyone knows some fresh cream ones are on the next tray to come round the corner?!

Pete
Old 03 May 2001, 04:21 PM
RichieB
Scooby Regular

Odd...I find myself in agreement with pslewis about the 5-door!!! However, most of the "looks" comments on the BBS apply to frontal treatment not rear.

Cheers, Rich
Old 03 May 2001, 04:50 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Nice analogy Pete, would have said something similar (but far less concisely)

Of course we should all believe statements issued by Subaru UK. No nothing to do with warranties, try:
introduction of the P1 was a success,
there are one or two unregistered in the dealer network (when IM was carrying a stock of 200 P!s),
the 01 four door in rally blue will only be available for the limited edition!