Sponsored by:

Jealousy

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2013, 06:01 PM
mozzerscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jealousy

I woke up this morning with the sun blazing through the curtains and the sound of the missus ralphing down the toilet and thought scooby day with a cheeky grin on my face. I washed and waxed the missus car first (keep her happy) and then did the scooby and within 5 minutes the neighbour approached me to just insult me saying scooby are for louts and chavs and could not help myself with the reply 'that's why you drive a KA then' if looks could have killed I would be 6 foot under now and I guess I'm asking does anyone else have these problems because jealous people just want a Subaru but cannot afford one ?
Old 25 May 2013, 06:25 PM
wiggy1
Scooby Regular

Oh yes my one neighbours hates me! Always us asking how I afford to put fuel in it, my answer is coz I don't lay on the sofa all day pretending to be ill!
Old 25 May 2013, 06:32 PM
harrisard
Scooby Regular

Old 25 May 2013, 06:40 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

My car is a real head turner and i always get one of two looks. lust or disgust. I have only had one neighbour pass a negative comment. He just said nice car but its a bit noisy. My reply was "yeah but sounds nice doesn't it" I then lied to the gimp and told him the car was standard. I figured the man who drives a diesel focus knows naff all about car like an RB320.
The irony was when my car was off the road having an engine build i was approached by at least 4 different people asking where the scooby was. They were complaining of over sleeping and being late for work. Turns out i'm the towns alarm clock. One bloke told me he loves being woken by the flat 4 burble as opposed to an alarm clock lol. Think they would think differently if i was off at 4am every morning.
Old 25 May 2013, 06:45 PM
blackpoolrock
Scooby Regular

I get "why do you drive that at your age" but bollox to em I drive what ever I want. A few people do get the answer "go drive it then you'll find out"
Old 25 May 2013, 07:59 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I only ever get compliments from my neighbours when I'm outside cleaning mine.
Old 25 May 2013, 10:42 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only compliments to my face too, probably just being polite

I love the fact that Impreza's divide opinion so much, get so many head turns (and I've got a quiet exhaust too to be fair) when driving through town, I'm sure more than half are followed by an insult or two but if I get people talking - bring it on
Old 25 May 2013, 11:15 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

There's a guy up my road that's owns some crappy Vectra Sri. If I'm ever out cleaning the scoob, he'll put his foot down as he drives past so ill hear the impressive sound of his ripspeed induction cone. Maybe its his way of saying that his car is as fast as mine, which I guess would be a compliment? Lol!! Or maybe not??
Old 26 May 2013, 08:09 AM
logger
Scooby Regular

I get the whole "aint you a bit old for a car like that" ? Im 36 ffs
Or, "still a boy racer then" no, im a car enthuiast. Its mainly my mates who ask how i can afford to put fuel in it, just tell them its not bad on fuel lol
Old 26 May 2013, 08:58 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I was out last weekend in my Spec C, I had my nephew in the car with me and was driving through my local town to take my nephew home.

Anyway as I was in traffic I suddenly I noticed a real numpty in an Astra was trying to drive up my exhaust, so I just kept up with traffic but keeping an eye on this bozo.

He followed me all the way to my brother's house (which being in a cul-de-sac meant he had to pass me on his way out), I wound down the window and asked him what he was playing at to which he responded 'I wanted a race to see if I could beat you', I then noticed he had a baby strapped into it's seat.

I then told him to grow up in loose terms, I certainly wouldn't road race and I don't go fast when I've got passengers let alone my nephew.

What is wrong with people? He had a baby in the car with him and he wanted to race?

He even asked me 'How much power have you got?' to which I responded 'Enough to beat you without even trying'.

He then drove off like an absolute pillock through the housing estate just to show me his 'driving prowess'.
Old 26 May 2013, 09:02 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My neighbours are pretty cool, and the four that are closest always pop over for a chat when i'm out on the drive doing something to one of the cars, I think they think i'm mad as only a couple of the blokes occasionally wash their cars and i'm always out doing something, but i'm the one they come to when they have problems with anything car or house related so I think they like to keep me on-side because I can fix things.

Out here in Croatia i'm a God like figure when I have the Type R over here, they don't see many scoobs, especially Classics and never 2 doors, it's like having the holly grail of cars, because most are petrol heads and really into their cars, it pulls a crowd where ever I park it and people are always wanting passenger rides and to just sit behind the wheel.

I even gave the local high speed pursuit traffic cop a passenger ride and because he's a cop I was taking it easy, so this nutter's in the passenger seat telling me to go faster, so I drop the hammer and he's giggling like a 15yr old school girl. and super impressed, he's my mate now and always buys me a drink and asks where it is.

But yeah I still get the odd nobber that I can see they feckin hate me and go completely Green with envy, especially when the girls see me and go "oh richie" how are you, in that Very sexy eastern european accent. you have to see it to believe it.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 26 May 2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 26 May 2013, 03:44 PM
v6wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I was out last weekend in my Spec C, I had my nephew in the car with me and was driving through my local town to take my nephew home.

Anyway as I was in traffic I suddenly I noticed a real numpty in an Astra was trying to drive up my exhaust, so I just kept up with traffic but keeping an eye on this bozo.

He followed me all the way to my brother's house (which being in a cul-de-sac meant he had to pass me on his way out), I wound down the window and asked him what he was playing at to which he responded 'I wanted a race to see if I could beat you', I then noticed he had a baby strapped into it's seat.

I then told him to grow up in loose terms, I certainly wouldn't road race and I don't go fast when I've got passengers let alone my nephew.

What is wrong with people? He had a baby in the car with him and he wanted to race?

He even asked me 'How much power have you got?' to which I responded 'Enough to beat you without even trying'.

He then drove off like an absolute pillock through the housing estate just to show me his 'driving prowess'.
Get that all the time. Llanelli full of boy racers! Lol
Old 26 May 2013, 03:50 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Lol its an impreza.
hardly anything rare exotic or expensive.
most people dont take any notice of them
Old 26 May 2013, 04:11 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mozzerscoob
within 5 minutes the neighbour approached me to just insult me saying scooby are for louts and chavs
How on earth is that jealousy? It's just someone stereotyping based on the car.
Old 26 May 2013, 04:27 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by neil-h
How on earth is that jealousy? It's just someone stereotyping based on the car.

it jealousy in the ops mind as he thinks himself rich and above his neighbours as he has an impreza confirmed by thinking himself clever by mentioning the ford ka.
but as everybody knows its a cheap 4 door Japanese car mostly owned by chavs now they are cheap.
Old 26 May 2013, 05:30 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
it jealousy in the ops mind as he thinks himself rich and above his neighbours as he has an impreza confirmed by thinking himself clever by mentioning the ford ka.
but as everybody knows its a cheap 4 door Japanese car mostly owned by chavs now they are cheap.
I do love the internet
Old 26 May 2013, 06:43 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
I do love the internet
Me too, I think somebodies bored
Old 26 May 2013, 07:05 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
You duuno wot ya talkin about tubs. Impreza's the council estate Lambo. Of course everyone jealous. Saying that though, the gents at the country club don't really notice it.
Old 26 May 2013, 07:47 PM
his-n-her-scoobs
Scooby Regular

Everyone ignores mine. It's the cheapest car in the street and lowers the tone of the neighbourhood. Love being a 50 year old rebel lol

Old 26 May 2013, 07:49 PM
stu turbo 98
Scooby Regular

I was polishing Turbotits car yesterday in south Harrow,i couldnt believe how many good comments he got from passers by,young and old alike.
Ive been called a poser and two old fellas called me a ****,i personally couldnt give a sh*t what they think,ive had good comments from car enthusiasts and negative comments from people who dont care about cars,im happy with my choice of car,thats all that counts
Old 27 May 2013, 10:11 AM
zenith
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
My neighbours are pretty cool, and the four that are closest always pop over for a chat when i'm out on the drive doing something to one of the cars, I think they think i'm mad as only a couple of the blokes occasionally wash their cars and i'm always out doing something, but i'm the one they come to when they have problems with anything car or house related so I think they like to keep me on-side because I can fix things.

Out here in Croatia i'm a God like figure when I have the Type R over here, they don't see many scoobs, especially Classics and never 2 doors, it's like having the holly grail of cars, because most are petrol heads and really into their cars, it pulls a crowd where ever I park it and people are always wanting passenger rides and to just sit behind the wheel.

I even gave the local high speed pursuit traffic cop a passenger ride and because he's a cop I was taking it easy, so this nutter's in the passenger seat telling me to go faster, so I drop the hammer and he's giggling like a 15yr old school girl. and super impressed, he's my mate now and always buys me a drink and asks where it is.

But yeah I still get the odd nobber that I can see they feckin hate me and go completely Green with envy, especially when the girls see me and go "oh richie" how are you, in that Very sexy eastern european accent. you have to see it to believe it.
That's brilliant!