Sponsored by:

I'm back, again, 3rd time lucky

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2013, 04:58 PM
stualex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm back, again, 3rd time lucky

After trying yet another vehicle (Mini Cooper S with over 200BHP) I started lusting after another Impreza.

Over the years my Imprezas have been getting better with this my 3rd being the best.

I started out with a '93 Import WRX which was very quick but not the straightest motor on the planet.

My next, a '98 Terzo with bags of history and been well looked after, looked the part and was in excellent condition but lacked in grunt to backup the looks and on 140k I was reluctant to push the engine without a rebuild.

Onto my 3rd:

After a 4am wake up call this morning from my lovely son I decided I might as well get started on my 360 mile round trip to pick up my new Impreza. All went well and made good time. A quick look round the vehicle and test drive and the deal was done. A few minor things to do but for the money I was very happy.

2003 (Sept) Impreza WRX (on logbook and HPI as WRX UK300) see my other thread as we've been into this
54500 Miles
Full Subaru service history with cambelt and big service done
Overall excellent condition, bottom of passengers door has been caught on a kerb and interior needs a good look over.
All standard brakes, callipers look in mint condition as do discs and pads

Only mods being Bailey BOV and the exhaust pictured (not sure on make as can't find a logo but sounds just how a nice Impreza should.

Now the story goes if I can refer back to my other threads that we couldn't establish why its a UK300 on the logbook when it clearly isn't. Anyway with the mileage and history all confirmed I was happy it was probably just a **** up somewhere.

Car drives absolutely spot on, accelerates and stops smoothly, idles fine, didn't falter once on the way home.

After stopping for a barry white I decided to plug in my laptop to the OBDII and see what readings I got on the way home, mainly focusing on the boost. To my surprise peek boost was 1.55 bar, I think standard for these should be 1bar and for the PPP around 1.4bar. I never hit any form of fuel cut and it just kept accelerating like a beast, more so than either of my other Impreza's. Obviously I only gave it a squirt a few times as I didn't want to rape it until I'd fully checked it over.

I'm going to do a bit more digging, I'll check the ECU first for any remap signs and run the logging software on the laptop and go out for a run to see if the boost was gradual or just a spike.

Anyway, thats where I'm at, happy, very tired but glad to be back.

Old 11 April 2013, 05:09 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Its always a nice feeling when you get a new car,ENJOY.SJ.
Old 11 April 2013, 05:18 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Welcome back mate! Looks a good example! Deffo need some coloured skirts though!
Old 11 April 2013, 05:24 PM
lofty35
Scooby Regular

looks nice mate , what they like to drive compared to the classic?
could you inbox me the price you paid as looking at a few blobs myself price ranges ive been looking at are £3000 - £4000.
what mods u planning ?
Old 11 April 2013, 06:32 PM
stualex
Scooby Regular

No mods planned yet although I definitely agree on the side skirts, it looks scarily too normal as it stands.

Will find out the state of tuning before I do anything and maybe a quick dyno.
Old 11 April 2013, 07:11 PM
matt31127
Scooby Regular

nice m8