Sponsored by:

Am I lucky ?

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2001, 09:37 AM
Blackscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving in this morning...
on a dual carrageway, which leads into a sharp 2nd gear bend. Hoofed it out of the bend, into 3rd. Looked at APEXI stats. Found 1.4bar of boost. (It was going well!)

Looked in mirror to find a set of flashing lights about 1/4 mile back. At this point I was doing approx 80 (yes I know......no excuse).
Hit the brakes, whilst looking in mirror. Flashing stopped, and unmarked car pulled into inside lane

Was that a close call ????

M.

Old 20 April 2001, 02:10 PM
HunterB
Scooby Regular

Probably coincidental. If a policeman has seen you doing something in your car that merited him putting on blue lights to attract your attention, then he'd pull you over anyway to have a word. 1/4 mile back is too far away from you to try to get you to stop unless he's in active pursuit, in which case see above.

Most probably, he'd got a call, put on the lights, then had the call cancelled. Unlikely he'd have seen you at all. Well spotted though - if he had seen you, you'd have got brownie points for spotting him early.

Brian
Old 20 April 2001, 02:21 PM
Blackscooby
Scooby Regular

Just seemed very co-incidental to me.

The moment I pressed the brake pedal the lights on the unmarked car stopped flashin'

I have this horrid feelin I went past the road end where a work mate saw it parked. However I went past on full boost in 3rd

Old 20 April 2001, 02:24 PM
Tractor
Scooby Regular

Or, in responding to the fact that he was there, you did what he wanted - demonstrated that you know how to react in the correct manner to situations - and so he was satisfied.

Had a chat with a traffic policeman once who said that if they see someone doing 90 on a motorway and they are stationary on a ramp, they will not pursue if the driver adjusts his speed because he is aware of their presence. If he either doesn't notice (i.e. not aware enough) or doesn't care (i.e. ar$ehole) then they will pursue.
Old 20 April 2001, 02:30 PM
Blackscooby
Scooby Regular

Tractor,

Thats what I think to be honest. The moment I saw the flashing lights, I dropped the velocity, tapped the brakes. The popping from the exhaust (flame) would quite evidently show I'd backed off