Sponsored by:

Connors meet - Marshall's

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2012, 01:10 AM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connors meet - Marshall's

I thought that it would be a good idea to get a list together of people who will be marshalling the meet for Connor with mugshots and jobs they will do so people know who to look out for because i cant be the only person who will be attending that basically knows nobody

1. Samuelellis (yes i know i look like Neil from the young ones with a bad beard and tash - both of them now gone)

Jobs - Wandering photographer, photographing cars as they come in, helping the first wave of people park and probably other jobs to be decided on at a later date
2. busta moves , I will make myself aware if your there early for marshalling, I'm too special for you to miss me lol. I will act like I'm ordering everyone but please don't take it personal as I'm just trying to keep Connors day smooth s poss.

3- GC8 - Simon. Im not a particularly photogenic fellow and this is the only picture of me that I have access to...

4 - Jamo

5 - Jamo's friend

6 - JDM Stig (Jamos friend)

7 - Simon (Jamos friend)

8 - Toneh (As per Jamo's post)

9 - Type-ra

10 - JDM-Stig's friend

11 - danny85turbo

12 - lee (WYS)

13 - Chris (WYS)

14 - Kevin (WYS)

15 - hostagekilla (WYS)

16 - gsijob (WYS)

17 - scoobysteve (WYS)

25 because i only have 25 high vis jackets (obviously this number could go up if needed depending on people bringing there own high vis)

Also as an FYI

Marshall's will be reminding everyone who is attending NOT to let slip to Connor how bad the situation is so be prepared to stop your car and expect a marshall to stick his or her head though your window to remind you on the way in

Just to be aware Zippy is in a white classic Impreza with BBS wheels so ask every white Impreza with BBS wheels if they are zippy - if the are obviously dont say anything just wave them through

Last edited by samuelellis; 04 September 2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03 September 2012, 01:17 AM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Great job guys. I hope this day goes very well for the little lad and you should all feel very proud of yourselves for giving up your time to make this a special day for him and his family.
Old 03 September 2012, 01:19 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by samuelellis
I thought that it would be a good idea to get a list together of people who will be marshalling the meet for Connor with mugshots and jobs they will do so people know who to look out for because i cant be the only person who will be attending that basically knows nobody

1. Samuelellis (yes i know i look like Neil from the young ones with a bad beard and tash - both of them now gone)

Jobs - Wandering photographer, photographing cars as they come in, helping the first wave of people park and probably other jobs to be decided on at a later date
2 busta moves , I will make myself aware if your there early for marshalling, I'm too special for you to miss me lol. I will act like I'm ordering everyone but please don't take it personal as I'm just trying to keep Connors day smooth s poss.

25 because i only have 25 high vis jackets (obviously this number could go up if needed depending on people bringing there own high vis)

Also as an FYI

Marshall's will be reminding everyone who is attending NOT to let slip to Connor how bad the situation is so be prepared to stop your car and expect a marshall to stick his or her head though your window to remind you on the way in

To avoid any confusion Does anyone know the reg of Zippys car so we know NOT to stick our heads into his car and just wave it though
Edited please read
Old 03 September 2012, 01:21 AM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

oh not brave enough to put a picture up then
Old 03 September 2012, 01:27 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

oh not brave enough to put a picture up then
No im affraid not lol , you have to pay me to do that. Lol
Old 03 September 2012, 01:30 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Zippys is a white classic impreza with bbs type wheels
Old 03 September 2012, 01:34 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

After Sam has added your details, you might as well delete your post to save space and make the page easier to manage.

Last edited by GC8; 03 September 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 03 September 2012, 01:39 AM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

First post edited with Zippys car details and other marshals details

I will try and keep the first post up to date with all the details
Old 03 September 2012, 08:32 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok is there a parking plan drawn up yet?

I'm bringing a friend with me, but he's also very poorly, he will help marshall but may have To slip off to sit down a few times, he's just getting over pancreatitis.

Things will run smoother if we have set jobs, we will be running round like headless chickens otherwise each trying to replicate jobs others are doing, I'm coming to help out and enjoy the day so having someone shout orders at me won't work, I'm sure it's the same for others taking time out to be there.

We need to build a list of jobs before we start, saying ile be doing this ile be doing that, that's great if it works out we all want to do something different which of course won't happen.

The main job is going to be parking cars, getting them somewehere safe with plenty of space between each other, so doors can be opened and people can walk past without damage ala tesco car park.

We need to decide which cars are going where, not being funny but some guys are bringing £100k cars, they need to be somewhere on there own not next to a saxo from Birmingham. Some car clubs will want to be together too.

I'm not putting a picture up, marshals will be wearing a yellow hi viz, come and say hello ile introduce myself.

James
Old 03 September 2012, 10:42 AM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
After Sam has added your details, you might as well delete your post to save space and make the page easier to manage.
I like your thinking

Originally Posted by Jamo
Ok is there a parking plan drawn up yet?

I'm bringing a friend with me, but he's also very poorly, he will help marshall but may have To slip off to sit down a few times, he's just getting over pancreatitis.

Things will run smoother if we have set jobs, we will be running round like headless chickens otherwise each trying to replicate jobs others are doing, I'm coming to help out and enjoy the day so having someone shout orders at me won't work, I'm sure it's the same for others taking time out to be there.

We need to build a list of jobs before we start, saying ile be doing this ile be doing that, that's great if it works out we all want to do something different which of course won't happen.

The main job is going to be parking cars, getting them somewehere safe with plenty of space between each other, so doors can be opened and people can walk past without damage ala tesco car park.

We need to decide which cars are going where, not being funny but some guys are bringing £100k cars, they need to be somewhere on there own not next to a saxo from Birmingham. Some car clubs will want to be together too.

I'm not putting a picture up, marshals will be wearing a yellow hi viz, come and say hello ile introduce myself.

James

I dont believe a parking plan has been drawn up, that is one of the reasons the marshals are getting to the meet location at 10 so the logistics of the meet can be sorted out there and then (its an industrial estate so we can go wandering round when it is in use)

In regards to the point of supercars next to Saxo's tbh if all the cars are mixed in then it gives more chance of seeing different types of metal, im sure most people wont mind where they are parked just that they get a space safely

The clubs i agree will need to be parked together but as we have a list of clubs and rough numbers then we can sort that out in the time when we are early

Jamo thats no problem about your friend, all hands are greatful in this - i will add you both to the list in the first post

BTW i thought the photos would just be a nice fun thing
Old 03 September 2012, 10:53 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

I just don't like photos of me. We can easily draw up a plan before the event, and it would make more sense than trying to do it on the day.

The McRae gathering is a prime example of this, it took months of preparation and it ran beautifully, we've had at best two weeks, the more we can do before we get there the better.

Jdm stig will also be marshalling and coming up with myself Simon and toneh

We will have to agree to disagree on the super car parking

Last edited by Jamo; 03 September 2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03 September 2012, 11:10 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

James bears more than a passing resemblence to Shaggy Rogers off of Scooby Doo, but without ginger hair.

Old 03 September 2012, 11:21 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Of the areas marked which are we using and what would you suggest is the capacity of each area.
Old 03 September 2012, 11:24 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by GC8
James bears more than a passing resemblence to Shaggy Rogers off of Scooby Doo, but without ginger hair.

Hmmm **** off

Old 03 September 2012, 02:29 PM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

Of the areas marked which are we using and what would you suggest is the capacity of each area.
What did we do before google earth

I would suggest perhaps in the green bit infront of the building that would be earmarked for club parking/overflow

I read on the other thread about potentially a race car and transporter coming so i would suggest that the blue area is ideal for that as it looks hgv designed so will fit that and more overflow

Looking at the other two areas (yellow and red) i would think that we can get everyone parked in those areas

but i could be wrong
Old 03 September 2012, 03:02 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Blue and green is what we will be using by just getting people parked up the best way we can.
The other 2 colours are nothing to do with it, but further up at the end of the road on left we have another car park for overflow and we have sourced another one incase.

As for the super cars we have a spot in mind. Everyone will just get parked up as they come so I'm presuming the clubs will come together anyway.

Be there early for quick brief as to what our plan is as its easier to understand when there. And then if people turn up and want to help with marshalling at least most of us will know the general gist of whats going on and can delegate.
Think if everyone can just muck in and try to stay calm as there will be a few hiccups I'm sure, but I'll be proven on the day.
Old 03 September 2012, 03:17 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Who remembers the McRae gathering? 1086 cars at prodrive it was a bloody nightmare and there were 5 or so huge car parks. I hope they all fit!!
Old 03 September 2012, 03:34 PM
grumpypants
Scooby Regular

One more site close to there as been confirmed and another could follow by the end of the day
L will be there early on

Kevin Connors grandad
Old 03 September 2012, 03:50 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Ok Kevin
Old 03 September 2012, 10:27 PM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

Anyone else volunteering to be a Marshal?
Old 03 September 2012, 10:44 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

I would have ......but my kids will be with me

I'll make sure the burger van parks close to me though
Old 03 September 2012, 11:22 PM
type-ra
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone else volunteering to be a Marshal?
I'll put my name down.

Not far for me so it's the least I can do.

Dean
Old 03 September 2012, 11:44 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Who has been to Alton Towers on a busy Summer day? Thats how we need them parking, with a marshall at the actual parking spot directing them into it, rather than pointing them in the right direction and letting them work it out.

Youd hope that that would work, but looking at the f*ck ups over simply entering a name on the list, Im not sure...
Old 04 September 2012, 12:13 AM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

What i thought was perhaps a couple of marshalls on the main road waving people to one of the entrances and then once in the car park a marshal walks up and down the row pointing to the location for the person to park

obviously the finer details will be sorted on the day when all the Marshals are inplace and can see the layout properly
Old 04 September 2012, 12:21 AM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

so that is 9 marshalls by my count so far

Any more for any more
Old 04 September 2012, 01:21 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Ive convinced a golf gti driver to help out, I think he will travel up with me.
Old 04 September 2012, 11:22 AM
samuelellis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
Ive convinced a golf gti driver to help out, I think he will travel up with me.
That is brilliant, the more hands we have the better
Old 04 September 2012, 03:05 PM
Kartingsteve
Scooby Regular

I would think you will need a lot more than blue and green but that just my thoughts.
Old 04 September 2012, 03:11 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I agree. If you check the area taken by a group cars and duplicate it over the entire area available, then it comes up well short.

Also: several groups have said that theyre 'bringing marshalls with them'. Seems helpful/useful, but it isnt if theyre not coming early.

This needs marshalls and it needs them to be there by 10am. Getting there with everyone else and then putting on a high vis tabbard will be no help whatsoever, unfortunately.
Old 04 September 2012, 03:12 PM
danny85turbo
Scooby Regular

2. busta moves , I will make myself aware if your there early for marshalling, I'm too special for you to miss me lol. I will act like I'm ordering everyone but please don't take it personal as I'm just trying to keep Connors day smooth s poss.

3- GC8 - Simon. Im not a particularly photogenic fellow and this is the only picture of me that I have access to...

4 - Jamo

5 - Jamo's friend

6 - JDM Stig (Jamos friend)

7 - Simon (Jamos friend)

8 - Toneh (As per Jamo's post)

9 - Type-ra

10 - JDM-Stig's friend

11 - danny85turbo

12 - lee (WYS)

13 - Chris (WYS)

14 - Kevin (WYS)

15 - hostagekilla (WYS)

16 - gsijob (WYS)

17 - scoobysteve (WYS)

Quick Reply: Connors meet - Marshall's