Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

HELP BRING FUEL PRICES DOWN !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2002, 10:35 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had This Mail From RobMo today ...... Not sure whether he's posted it one here ............. BUT PLEASE READ IF HE HASN'T !!!

Join the resistance!!!!
I hear we are going to hit close to 89p a litre by the summer.
Want petrol prices to come down?
We need to take some intelligent, united action.
Phillip Hollsworth, in the USA, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt"ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.
It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read it and join with us! By now you're probably thinking petrol priced at about 77p a litre is super cheap. Me too! It is currently 79p - 83p for regular unleaded in some towns. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at 77p -80p, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.
With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.
The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying petrol.
But we CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.
Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again,all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am... so trust me on this one.).
How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.
If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORKDO NOT BUY PETROL FROM ESSO OR BP!

Well , that above don't affect me , as I buy Optimax ..... What do you lot think ??

Nate.
Old 05 May 2002, 10:45 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

I think that's optimistic but hell i use optimax also so i'm game
Si
Old 05 May 2002, 10:51 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Talking

The more the better I think ...... If most people boycot these garages , How can it not work ???

Nate.
Old 05 May 2002, 11:01 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

they haven't got much of a choice have they? iraq shut off there oil.
Old 06 May 2002, 12:02 AM
WrxStiTypeRV5
Scooby Regular

As stated above I use SHell Optimax. Have noticed this has gone up from 73 p a litre to 79 p in the past few months. Sneaky *******s have got wind that they're stuff is the best!!! Never go to Esso or Bp so suppose I'm boycotting them anyway.
Also one other point. Petrol is taxed around 76% by our government. Oil companies might put the price up but tell our government to stop bloody taxing it so heavily. They get enough money out of us--and where do our taxes go??? Not on our roads thats for sure. They go on fancy wallpaper at No10 and John Prescott's fat gut and more dam speed cameras!!!!! We need a government that taxes fuel lightly not robs us!!!
Old 06 May 2002, 12:21 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I got this in an email this week.

Funny thing is, the guy who sent me it got this back as a reply from his brother:

My dearest brother,
You should know not to send this to someone who worked in the Industrial and Wholesale department at Esso UK (for my sins)!

I might point out that whenever I sold ridiculous amounts of fuel to the likes of Rolls Royce, BAe, Amec, BMW, etc, the usual profit margin every 1 litre was 0.07p - not much.

Plus, its government taxation that raises the price of petrol (currently 80%) - so, for every £1 you spend on petrol, the government gets 80p.

Which means that the petrol company get 15p (minus the franchised forecourt retailer's share)....that's far less than the price of 1 litre of bottled mineral water.

So who are the real money-grabbing thieves?

The government, of course......

And bottled water companies. *******s.

;-)
Old 06 May 2002, 01:14 AM
ChrisB

Deja Vue anyone?
Old 06 May 2002, 11:56 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Nate.
Old 07 May 2002, 03:39 AM
velryba
Scooby Regular

i'm on optimax from the begining but have more then just 10 people in my addres book