Sponsored by:

Mega Connfused

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2012, 12:50 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mega Connfused

Right now i have a sweet 2.5 hawk uk STI with a harvey 20g ( even has a rare full leather interior with flocked roof) , no faults even though i know about the inherant 2,5 weakness, right now i have the cash to either go for a hawk spec c type RA or what my subaru specalist has recommend, is a 550 hp build. It would be a pinned built block with cosworth gaskets which would solve the main 2.5 problem. Right now my car is simply capped at 370 due to the pistions which would be solved with the forged build.
My question is would the RA be worth the 8-9k extra for simliar power i have right now or should i go the 550 route with full anxciilarys, obviusoly the RA is twin scroll but in real life is this likely to make a huge diff once i fit all of Harveys upgrades ( headers, fmic etc )
iam aware if i go full 500 route i will need a gt30r or something simliar but its something iam willing to do.
Come sell on time iam guessing the RA would be worth a lot more, any opinions guys?

Last edited by Pramas; 16 March 2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 16 March 2012, 12:58 AM
jef
Scooby Regular

if your going to "mod" your car then just put re--sale figures out the window imo mate.

modify your vehicle to your spec and enjoy it, if your worried about resale value just leave it as standard.

subaru tuning is about making your vehicle do what you want it to, its not about keeping or increasing the value of it. neither of which are a realistic outcome imo
Old 16 March 2012, 01:07 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simply decision is yours,Spec C are most desirable models of Subaru and they're holding value

If you are planning modified yours i would go with EJ22T 2.35 and GT30.63AR and you have nice and spooly combinations

Not sure if i would stick with 2.5L,probably not

Jura
Old 16 March 2012, 01:35 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Simply decision is yours,Spec C are most desirable models of Subaru and they're holding value

If you are planning modified yours i would go with EJ22T 2.35 and GT30.63AR and you have nice and spooly combinations

Not sure if i would stick with 2.5L,probably not

Jura
i shouldve mentioned if i mod the car i will have no intention of selling the car till it was dead, my tuner says the 2.5 isnt as bad at the power level i desire ( if done correctly which it would be ) unless i went 600 +, iam aware once u have hp you always want more so who can say, either way it will be a daily driver rather than plain track focused. It would basically be a blank cheque with everything addressed from suspension to brakes and obviuosly the main focus is the engine with supporting mods.
on the other hand there must only be around 4 hawk spec c type Ra in the country, so iam stumped , but i do trust my tuner , guess the point of this is to overule my heart and go with my head
Old 16 March 2012, 09:16 AM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go for the RA R just for the fact that it is rare, plus it's all good and well having 500bhp but will you use them on our roads and risk losing the privilege for 6 months. With my last car I modded it with spool up and responsiveness in mind and ignored the pub talk figures as I wanted to be able to use the max boost within the speed limit.

A twin scroll RA R with a LM400 turbo would make for a cracking road car imho

Last edited by L.J.F; 16 March 2012 at 09:23 AM.