Sponsored by:

advise on sell or break on my hawkeye sti

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2012, 10:10 PM
lsm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advise on sell or break on my hawkeye sti

i am trying to sell my hawkeye spec D, had some interest but mostly dreamers ... so should i look into the alternative and break her ? i need to get around the 8k mark. so do you think i would get towards this figure if i broke it? plus do not have ramps etc so would have to be broke under a lean to at my house!. any ideas welcome.
Old 02 February 2012, 10:16 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Be a shame to break a rare car. I think you would be open to theft breaking it under a lean to.
Old 02 February 2012, 10:28 PM
lsm
Scooby Regular

sorry i should explain the lean to lol ... its behind my garage in my back garden which has no access, so will be safe as houses
Old 02 February 2012, 10:35 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you might struggle to make 8k as the engine is not too popular, sure you'll get 2.5/2.8k for the gear box but i'd say once thats gone you will struggle to shift everything else bar the front end as they are also popular for conversion.

I think you may get up to 6k and and struggle to get the rest gone may take quite a while, so you may be better perservering with the sale of the whole car.

Have you tried ebay? stick a link up and let us see your add.
Old 03 February 2012, 12:56 AM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

autotrader spec d for 6995
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p

who is a dreamer

Last edited by fawor; 03 February 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03 February 2012, 01:11 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

the problem with breaking is the good parts go fast, then u stuck with parts that take a long time to sell, fine if u have the space, not so good if u havent

Last edited by Pramas; 03 February 2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03 February 2012, 06:22 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, that autotrader link has suprised me, these cars really are down the toilet worse than i thought, i know it's not the most popular version but 7k then the fact that someone will knock 500 off that, makes for sobering reading.

So to revise my post above you may be as well breaking it, or you could paint it black or blue stick an sti spoiler on it and you might get 7k lol.

Sorry not funny, but bloody hell no wonder you can't sell at 8k
Old 03 February 2012, 07:22 AM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

i know the prices are shocking these days, i have just been looking again myself, got one but i probably made offers on around 6 and every one i offered a grand or more below asking price only as a starting point to negotiate and every single seller bar one just said yeah, it's bad news for sellers and has been on these cars for a fair while now, the only ones that will sell are the ones that are prepared to take the hit, the ones you see priced accordingly have been for sale for ages and are not selling
Old 03 February 2012, 06:33 PM
lsm
Scooby Regular

cheers for the replies guys ... i know its a crap market to be selling in at the moment and i am moveable on the price, but at 7k i would rather keep it and have a 1k fuel tab for the year lol.
Old 03 February 2012, 08:10 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pramas
the problem with breaking is the good parts go fast, then u stuck with parts that take a long time to sell, fine if u have the space, not so good if u havent
Totally agree, I have a garage full of parts from a few scoobys Ive broke/stripped. Modifications fly out the door, its when your trying to sell standard parts that are a bit harder to shift.

Easier to break a classic as there not worth that much, a bit harder with a Hawkeye if your trying to recoup £8k, Once your engine, gearbox are gone which you could probably get about £3.5k at a push, can you see getting another £4.5k from the rest of the parts that are left on the car????

Best to write a list of all the parts you can think off, and get prices from other similar parts that have sold on here using the search function.