Sponsored by:

fuel prices !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2012, 07:20 AM
ad uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel prices !!!!!!!

just been wathing daybreak before work and fuel prices are going to rocket up to £7 a gallon as for runnig the scooby mines only a weekend car but jesus i feel sorry for all of us that own them i think alot of people will en up selling there loverly scoobys just because we cant afford to run them any more .....................
Old 25 January 2012, 07:33 AM
DT-SPD
Scooby Regular

depressing isnt it.
Old 25 January 2012, 07:39 AM
Nelly71
Scooby Regular

Need to block the depos again when they stop making money it will soon come down again
Old 25 January 2012, 07:40 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That will be around £1.55 per litre, its not far from that already

The last time I filled up it was £1.43 for V Power, and according to some media groups some areas of Britain are already paying those prices.

Check this for your area http://www.petrolprices.com/

Explotation:
Off topic http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...own-board.html

Rob
Old 25 January 2012, 07:43 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

the price of fuel is sickining.
I work in the offshore oil industry in the north sea and know how much
oil some rigs are producing and how much a barrel of oil is selling for
you wouldnt believe how much money they are making per day.

my work sometimes sends me to work abroad and in summer 2010 my work sent
me to work in kuwait in the middle east and when I was there petrol prices were 13p a litre.
we were driving this lorry and it had two deisel tanks and were both near empty
and to fill both tanks it cost us £15.

its the uk goverment that takes the biggest cut of every litre of petrol sold
in my opinion it's them who make petrol so pricey as 70% or 80% is tax.

I see renault is now starting to sell electric cars that you can achieve 140 miles on
one charge and it cost £3 to charge the battery which is good.
I know electric cars are not as good as petrol cars at present but when they become more
popular I think more leaps in technology will be made in electric cars.

Old 25 January 2012, 07:56 AM
L&G.scooby
Scooby Regular

Madness! Only had my scooby 6 months ish and love it and already said I won't sell up, but with a baby on the way I just don't know. Suck it and see before I sell up.
Old 25 January 2012, 08:01 AM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Then they will simply tax the electric, as the electric car has a special charge point, they'll simple introduce a special car electric tariff. It's not for one moment about being green it's hitting the motorist as they know we will pay it. If every person went electric over the next 4 yrs. They would up tax on electric and change the rd tax bandings like they have in the past. It's simply too much money for them to loose out on.

Trending Topics

Old 25 January 2012, 08:11 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cuprajake
Then they will simply tax the electric, as the electric car has a special charge point, they'll simple introduce a special car electric tariff. It's not for one moment about being green it's hitting the motorist as they know we will pay it. If every person went electric over the next 4 yrs. They would up tax on electric and change the rd tax bandings like they have in the past. It's simply too much money for them to loose out on.
very true
Old 25 January 2012, 08:55 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Then they will simply tax the electric, as the electric car has a special charge point, they'll simple introduce a special car electric tariff.
where is my sparky mate
Old 25 January 2012, 09:20 AM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Its only ever going to get more expensive. As someone already said we're paying £6.30-£6.50 a gallon now so £7 is hardly "rocketing up" ! Makes the wife's Golf 2 litre Bluemotion TDi av 70mpg a good buy !! 800 miles between fills. Not quite as much fun to drive though

Still annoying that the amount of wasted gov money on scrapped projects/stuff that doesn't work and is then written off, has to be recouped from petrol taxes.
Old 25 January 2012, 09:38 AM
bigbruiseral
Scooby Regular

Just part of our culture, we will post on forum moaning, send those stupid boycott shell/bp garage email all mouth in UK. France for example they blocked all the roads from the port created huge bonfires stopping the tankers in protest. we did that 3 day strike some years back and that worked for like a year and the country ground to a standstill.
Old 25 January 2012, 09:44 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

What a joke!!

Sure it doesn't have anything to do with the Iranian's?

I use my Scoob everyday for work etc. It's bad enough now having to justify it to the wife.

Steve
Old 25 January 2012, 09:58 AM
Nelly71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigbruiseral
Just part of our culture, we will post on forum moaning, send those stupid boycott shell/bp garage email all mouth in UK. France for example they blocked all the roads from the port created huge bonfires stopping the tankers in protest. we did that 3 day strike some years back and that worked for like a year and the country ground to a standstill.
It's the only way to make them do any thing , could always get LPG .................. NOT lol
Old 25 January 2012, 10:07 AM
d4vidh
Scooby Regular

Yes the British Government take a large % of the cost but this % cost has not increased has it? It is not as though they have increased the tax and duty % on the fuel. Fuel is very much a supply and demand and a game played very well by oil companies. If the demand is high then the price of the barrel increases. This is then reflected in the forecourt price. The increases tend to be instant but when the price of a barrel drops does the forecourt price? Not as quick does it?

Yes the government could lower the tax and duty from fuel but they rely quite heavily on the income this generates and with the current market its highly unlikely this will happen.

Petrol suppliers in the UK know that we will pay whatever the price is this is why it is slowly creeping up. Remember all the ruckass when it hit £1 a litre, since then though we have just kept quiet and carried on paying.

I am neither defending the UK government or Oil companies but I really don't see how you can point the finger at any one party in the process.

Regarding the electric car comment I could not agree more. My last car I had converted to LPG a I was doing 40k miles a year. Over the time I owned the car it went from about 40p a litre up to just under 70p. So whatever source of fuel we use we will end up getting hit in the pocket for.

Just my 2p worth.
Old 25 January 2012, 10:18 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When over half the working population are employed in the Public sector, unfortunately we to pay for it.
Many people are very happy with the public services provided to us (so we are told), so I guess we just have to grin and bear it.
Maybe we should just quit working and lose the car - wouldn't be complaining then eh?
Old 25 January 2012, 10:22 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by d4vidh
Yes the British Government take a large % of the cost but this % cost has not increased has it? It is not as though they have increased the tax and duty % on the fuel. Fuel is very much a supply and demand and a game played very well by oil companies. If the demand is high then the price of the barrel increases. This is then reflected in the forecourt price. The increases tend to be instant but when the price of a barrel drops does the forecourt price? Not as quick does it?

Yes the government could lower the tax and duty from fuel but they rely quite heavily on the income this generates and with the current market its highly unlikely this will happen.

Petrol suppliers in the UK know that we will pay whatever the price is this is why it is slowly creeping up. Remember all the ruckass when it hit £1 a litre, since then though we have just kept quiet and carried on paying.

I am neither defending the UK government or Oil companies but I really don't see how you can point the finger at any one party in the process.

Regarding the electric car comment I could not agree more. My last car I had converted to LPG a I was doing 40k miles a year. Over the time I owned the car it went from about 40p a litre up to just under 70p. So whatever source of fuel we use we will end up getting hit in the pocket for.

Just my 2p worth.
Just to clarify fuel duty is not a percentage, it's a fixed rate!. That being said these increases are down to oil companies exploiting a country where the government do nothing to stop them and of course cream off the extra VAT quite happily to spend on things like buying Olympic tickets for civil servants
Old 25 January 2012, 10:23 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
When over half the working population are employed in the Public sector, unfortunately we to pay for it.
Many people are very happy with the public services provided to us (so we are told), so I guess we just have to grin and bear it.
Maybe we should just quit working and lose the car - wouldn't be complaining then eh?
Halve their wages as well as their pensions, they only do half a day's work anyway in comparison to the private sector
Old 25 January 2012, 10:35 AM
DJB3
Scooby Regular

Why is LPG treated with such scorn? Half the cost of petrol and in my own experience of driving wife's Tribeca (converted 18 mths ago) you cannot tell whether its running on petrol or LPG. A tankful of LPG costs only £38 and if anything prices have fallen in the last 6 months. The car has been completely reliable and the conversion cost paid for itself after one year.

I cannot find any facts that convince me that LPG on a turbo car (Subaru) is a problem.

Flame suit on...

D.
Old 25 January 2012, 10:46 AM
Nelly71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJB3
Why is LPG treated with such scorn? Half the cost of petrol and in my own experience of driving wife's Tribeca (converted 18 mths ago) you cannot tell whether its running on petrol or LPG. A tankful of LPG costs only £38 and if anything prices have fallen in the last 6 months. The car has been completely reliable and the conversion cost paid for itself after one year.

I cannot find any facts that convince me that LPG on a turbo car (Subaru) is a problem.

Flame suit on...

D.
Tbh I looked at a Scooby that had LPG it's just like running nitro it's all gas can't see a prob with it I'm sure there would be plenty of mods that could be done to trick it up and get the most out of it
Old 25 January 2012, 11:00 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Just to clarify fuel duty is not a percentage, it's a fixed rate!. That being said these increases are down to oil companies exploiting a country where the government do nothing to stop them and of course cream off the extra VAT quite happily to spend on things like buying Olympic tickets for civil servants
Good grief, knock me down with a feather, I AGREE with f1 fan

Can someone dig up the figures for the price of crude when it was 85p a litre and compare it with the price now, please?
Old 25 January 2012, 11:11 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Can someone dig up the figures for the price of crude when it was 85p a litre and compare it with the price now, please?

Oil $30 a barrel

UL petrol: 85p a litre - 22p of that was product cost., 5p for retailer/delivery, 58p duty/VAT

Oil $98 a barrel

UL petrol: 135p a litre - 48p of that is product cost, 5p for retailer/delivery, 82p duty/VAT
Old 25 January 2012, 12:34 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

what will really annoy me though is in the coming years we all slowly move to the electric era, and the price of electric starts to creep up.

What do we do then use candles cos it will happen, some new levvy will appear
Old 25 January 2012, 12:44 PM
Scooby_MAN
Scooby Regular

Why do they need to keep going up?

Surely they realise that it's not just a case of charging more for petrol that **** people off. Yes that's annoying, but they have to realise putting petrol up puts everything else up.

For example:
Jimmy the painter & decorator who lives round the corner charges £25.00 per hour. Now the petrol goes up. He now charges £30.00 per hour. Not because he fancies putting his prices up but because he can't afford to run his works van everywhere which is a big part of his livelyhood.

That was an example by the way. I don't know a Jimmy.

My point is. Petrol goes up & so does everything else right down to the plate of soup you put down in front of you at lunch time.
Old 25 January 2012, 12:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Of course.

But ANY government worth it's salt "won't know what caused the inftation rate to rise last month".
Especially now fuel prices have been removed from it's calculation....
Old 25 January 2012, 01:09 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Halve their wages as well as their pensions, they only do half a day's work anyway in comparison to the private sector
Don't I know it
Old 25 January 2012, 01:27 PM
DJB3
Scooby Regular

Don't tar us all with the same brush. I'm a hospital doctor and work plenty hours including weekends and nights when you're polishing your scooby or tucked up in your cosy bed.

D.
Old 25 January 2012, 01:45 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJB3
Don't tar us all with the same brush. I'm a hospital doctor and work plenty hours including weekends and nights when you're polishing your scooby or tucked up in your cosy bed.

D.
And no doubt getting paid a heck off a lot more than the rest off us scooby owners !! only joking mate wife is a nurse and although not on minimum wage we have just sold our own scooby purely down to how much petrol we were having to pay to run the thing every week, I could personally not afford to run this car for commuting to and from work and well £600 insurance/ £250 roadtax etc etc etc every year for what is a fun car has just proved to much for us . scooby only sold on sunday and still gutted when I look out the window !!
Old 25 January 2012, 03:41 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Then they will simply tax the electric, as the electric car has a special charge point, they'll simple introduce a special car electric tariff. It's not for one moment about being green it's hitting the motorist as they know the motorist has no choice, where else is he or she going to get his fuel, ha ha ha ha, we have them by the ***** but we'll continue claiming for two houses that we don't really live in so that more than makes up for the extra fuel tax I have to pay. If every person went electric over the next 4 yrs. They would up tax on electric and change the rd tax bandings like they have in the past. It's simply too much money for them to loose out on.
Edited..