Sponsored by:

Typical

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2011, 08:13 PM
AzzDSM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typical

on monday the N/S headlight bulb decided it didnt want anymore and blew. so replaced it. Thought id take car out for a spin today and O/S isnt working now
Do they normaly go in pairs? lol
Old 31 December 2011, 09:48 AM
Scooby Dooney Doo
Scooby Regular

Not as a rule no but they should always be replaced in pairs
Old 31 December 2011, 03:43 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AzzDSM
on monday the N/S headlight bulb decided it didnt want anymore and blew. so replaced it. Thought id take car out for a spin today and O/S isnt working now
Do they normaly go in pairs? lol
Often, yes.

They are the same age, been subjected to the same number of lighting up, same number of knocks, same hot-cold cycle.

Plus when one goes there is often a voltage surge in the circuit.
Old 31 December 2011, 04:31 PM
Scooby Regular

Better than me, I fitted Osram Nightbreaker bulbs to the main headlights, and as a result the bright white light made the sidelights look decidedly yellow. So I decided to buy a pair of 8 SMD white led bulbs for a fiver from an ebay shop. They looked brilliant when first fitted, white and clear and matched the main lights exactly. Not sure what I expected for the money, but I would've liked the N/S to last more than five minutes before melting, destroying the bulb holder and turning the inside of the sidelamp lense brown before blowing the fuse

Luckily I had some clear sidelight lenses in the post anyway which are now fitted, and the company is sending me out some better quality LEDs which hopefully won't try and set fire to my car!
Old 01 January 2012, 06:01 PM
AzzDSM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Guest
Better than me, I fitted Osram Nightbreaker bulbs to the main headlights, and as a result the bright white light made the sidelights look decidedly yellow. So I decided to buy a pair of 8 SMD white led bulbs for a fiver from an ebay shop. They looked brilliant when first fitted, white and clear and matched the main lights exactly. Not sure what I expected for the money, but I would've liked the N/S to last more than five minutes before melting, destroying the bulb holder and turning the inside of the sidelamp lense brown before blowing the fuse

Luckily I had some clear sidelight lenses in the post anyway which are now fitted, and the company is sending me out some better quality LEDs which hopefully won't try and set fire to my car!
unlucky.. going have to get a bulb tommorrow, just got stopped by a friendly gentleman (police) who asked me how long ive had the car, apparently the insurance is in my name but the car isnt.. and i have a bulb out
Old 02 January 2012, 04:06 PM
AzzDSM
Scooby Regular

both headlight bulbs replaced... now the n/s side light is flickering