Sponsored by:

paypal and scoobynet member

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2011, 07:31 PM
futureshockwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paypal and scoobynet member

well what a joke sold a guy off here a gearbox and he arranged his own courier and now paypal tell me he has notified them he didnt authorise any payments, so i am outta pocket of 80 quid and a gearbox. what the hell has this world came to
Old 15 November 2011, 07:33 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name and shame fella
Old 15 November 2011, 07:35 PM
futureshockwrx
Scooby Regular

waiting for him to reply, to tell me his side but not bloody happy, all because he originally wanted it to be pickup last thursday, and was originally told by paypal it claimed opened up cause he didnt receive a item
Old 15 November 2011, 07:47 PM
biggazvr6
Scooby Regular

had this happen to me. paypal is alwayson the buyers side im affraid so it seems. sold some brembo's and disks, guy paid via pay pal, i sent item out, went on hol, came back, he'd openend a dispute and to cut a long story short, i had to pay him his £400 quid back, plus the postage, and I was down a set of newly refurbed brembo's and disks, so all in all, a complete waste of a bout 800 quid. paypal = not worth a w**k!
Old 15 November 2011, 08:46 PM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

Im not bloody happy either pal...........

perhaps have a read here before spouting all over the forum.

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...te-paypal.html

and as you requested, Ive emailed them and told them I authorised the payment, I organised the courier and I was happy with the item.

Its f@ck all to do with wanting it last Thursday and having to wait until Monday.

Paypal limited my account and placed payment holds on the last handfull of transactions. I dont care what they told you on the phone, Im telling you what happened. You wont be out of pocket. If the fee gets reversed, Ill repay you the 80 quid.

Im the one that has to wait 6 months before I can withdraw whats in it.

Rant over.

Last edited by Scooby Parts; 15 November 2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 15 November 2011, 09:04 PM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Should have been settled privately to be honest, should have given the guy a chance to reply before rant post.

Paypal started siding with the buyer as credit card companies can reclaim cash from them, but it has got out of hand now.
Old 15 November 2011, 09:11 PM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

I thought it was settled mate, he contacted paypal who told him that it was ME that opened the case against him!!

He asked me to send an email to them to say Id authorised the transaction, which I did. He then asked me to send him a copy, which I have along with the message received confirmation from Paypal.

Im starting to loose the head with these ***** now.
Old 15 November 2011, 09:15 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Parts
I thought it was settled mate, he contacted paypal who told him that it was ME that opened the case against him!!

He asked me to send an email to them to say Id authorised the transaction, which I did. He then asked me to send him a copy, which I have along with the message received confirmation from Paypal.

Im starting to loose the head with these ***** now.
Easy to say in hindsight, but you need to fvck paypal off unless you use ebay extensively. Too much hassle for the seller IMHO.
Old 15 November 2011, 09:26 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Why not do a bank transfer in the first place, instant money and no ******* around.
Old 15 November 2011, 09:27 PM
biggazvr6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Easy to say in hindsight, but you need to fvck paypal off unless you use ebay extensively. Too much hassle for the seller IMHO.

not being funny but theres no way i wouldnt **** paypal off untill id got my money back off them.....
Old 15 November 2011, 09:31 PM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by brendy76
Why not do a bank transfer in the first place, instant money and no ******* around.
buyers are reluctant because theres no guarantees, having said that, I sold a 6 speed gearbox on here for 1400 quid, buyer did a bank transfer and all was good. All parties were happy.

Originally Posted by biggazvr6
not being funny but theres no way i wouldnt **** paypal off untill id got my money back off them.....
It'll be 180 days before I can withdraw the cash from the account.

As I said in my other thread, if they limit 1000 accounts worldwide for 180 days and they all have 200 quid in them, how much interests will that accumulate???

W@NKERS!
Old 15 November 2011, 09:35 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by biggazvr6
You are dead right, but one for the future perhaps. Robbers plain and simple, ebay/paypal.
Old 15 November 2011, 09:51 PM
biggazvr6
Scooby Regular

im sure what they do is illegal ie holding money. Its just the same as solicitors sitting on money on the sale of houses for weeks on end when there is no reason people cant complete sooner. Just so they can bag a buck in interest of your hard earned. Bang out of order. They've got everybody by the bollocks paypal becaus ehtey offer this so called gaurantee. The way ive always found it is that the gaurantee always works, but never in my favour so imo, its usually the genuine people who get bummed over.
Old 15 November 2011, 09:53 PM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

its because credit card companies can issue chargebacks anytime up to a maximum of 180 days so Paypal hold the cash just incase.
Old 15 November 2011, 10:11 PM
futureshockwrx
Scooby Regular

sorry mate, was pissed off as paypal was saying u told them you hadnt recieved item then the said it was cause you hadnt authorised the payment, i been hit with charges from my bank cause paypal took the money back and i had bills coming off yesterday
Old 15 November 2011, 10:33 PM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

there you go then. Theyve told you 2 different stories. Both p@sh talk.

FFS, I organised the courier, how could I complain I hadnt received the item!!!???

And as you know ive emailed them and told them I authorised the payment and was happy with the item received.

and once again, I dont have the money, you dont have the money, they do.

Last edited by Scooby Parts; 15 November 2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 15 November 2011, 10:41 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

I take back the name and shame
Old 15 November 2011, 10:58 PM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by prodriverules
I take back the name and shame
No probs mate.

They think they can do whatever they want. Theyre playing with peoples lives though, futureshock has had bank charges now for f@ck all. Where is the problem? Ive payed for the gearbox, its been delivered, Im happy, why are they not releasing the money??

Theyre telling lies to cover there backs and keeping folks cash just to consume interest payments.

Its interesting that paypal doesnt log how the payments receive are made ie, bank account or credit card.

If no payments were made into my account via credit card, theyd have no right keeping the cash for 180 days.

Last edited by Scooby Parts; 15 November 2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 15 November 2011, 11:08 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

No probs mate.

They think they can do whatever they want. Theyre playing with peoples lives though, futureshock has had bank charges now for f@ck all. Where is the problem? Ive payed for the gearbox, its been delivered, Im happy, why are they not releasing the money??

Theyre telling lies to cover there backs and keeping folks cash just to consume interest payments.

Its interesting that paypal doesnt log how the payments receive are made ie, bank account or credit card.

If no payments were made into my account via credit card, theyd have no right keeping the cash for 180 days.

I know exactly where your coming from mate,I've experienced it on 2 occasions and no longer use it,I do bank transfers now.
If I had known who he was on about I would have said there's no way after quite a few effortless transactions with you
Old 15 November 2011, 11:12 PM
MicaDan
Scooby Regular

I've had problems with paypal recently too mate. Hadn't used it in a while and then sold a load of stuff and because there was sudden activity on my account they put a payment hold for 21 days!!!!

Now one instance in particular shows how ridiculous they are. I sold a pair of bike wheels and wet racing tyres and the guy paid to have them delivered to Ireland. Just as the payment went through, the hold was put on my account. I spoke to paypal and explained that £50 of that money was to pay for the delivery and I wasn't happy about fronting that myself. I had already arranged a courrier and used a specific one that I could pay for via paypal. They explained that the only way to release the money is once the item has been received (via POD from courrier) or once good feedback had been left by the buyer! I very politely explained that I needed the money releasing to send the goods. After a frustrating chat with someone in the Phillipines (!!!) I asked to speak to a supervisor who then said I should speak to the buyer and politely ask him to leave me feedback before I send the goods. Now who in their right mind is going to leave feedback when they haven't received the item???!!!

I have never had a paypal dispute and my Ebay feedback is 100%!! Now forgive me, but who is this "hold" benefitting?? Me?... No. The buyer?... No. All I can see is it's a way for paypal to hold on to my money for 21 days to earn them interest!!!

Paypal are rubbish!!!
Old 15 November 2011, 11:20 PM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

cheers mate, as I said in a previous post, E.M.B paid me 1400 quid direct bank transfer for a 6 speeder a few weeks ago. By doing this he had absolutely no come back whatsoever but he received it no probs and in full working order. Its not in my best interests to do anyone out of cash for obvious reasons.

Folk are brainwashed into using Paypal now so they an basically do what they want
Old 15 November 2011, 11:23 PM
Scooby Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MicaDan
I've had problems with paypal recently too mate. Hadn't used it in a while and then sold a load of stuff and because there was sudden activity on my account they put a payment hold for 21 days!!!!

Now one instance in particular shows how ridiculous they are. I sold a pair of bike wheels and wet racing tyres and the guy paid to have them delivered to Ireland. Just as the payment went through, the hold was put on my account. I spoke to paypal and explained that £50 of that money was to pay for the delivery and I wasn't happy about fronting that myself. I had already arranged a courrier and used a specific one that I could pay for via paypal. They explained that the only way to release the money is once the item has been received (via POD from courrier) or once good feedback had been left by the buyer! I very politely explained that I needed the money releasing to send the goods. After a frustrating chat with someone in the Phillipines (!!!) I asked to speak to a supervisor who then said I should speak to the buyer and politely ask him to leave me feedback before I send the goods. Now who in their right mind is going to leave feedback when they haven't received the item???!!!

I have never had a paypal dispute and my Ebay feedback is 100%!! Now forgive me, but who is this "hold" benefitting?? Me?... No. The buyer?... No. All I can see is it's a way for paypal to hold on to my money for 21 days to earn them interest!!!

Paypal are rubbish!!!

its nuts mate, a new seller on ebay has payment holds for 21 days.
You have to front all the delivery costs for all the items you sell and paypal hold the cash until positive feedback is received or no claim is made??!!

and once again, the payments are held, interest is accrued
Old 16 November 2011, 08:00 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

its nuts mate, a new seller on ebay has payment holds for 21 days.
You have to front all the delivery costs for all the items you sell and paypal hold the cash until positive feedback is received or no claim is made??!!

and once again, the payments are held, interest is accrued
They release the funds if the buyer leaves positive feedback (when) so it can be a lot less than 21 days.
Old 16 November 2011, 04:07 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Galifrey
They release the funds if the buyer leaves positive feedback (when) so it can be a lot less than 21 days.
buyer left me feedback for an iphone i sold him 30days later paypal told me the buyer had asked for chargeback and he got the £300 back paypal now chasing me for the money getting **** all off me
Old 16 November 2011, 04:54 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Paypal are just shocking. How they get away with it I will never know.

Someone has to do something to kick them into touch.
Old 16 November 2011, 08:17 PM
biggazvr6
Scooby Regular

im gunna start a company that does on line payments secuerly called paymate.com...............
Old 16 November 2011, 08:55 PM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by peter zippy reid
buyer left me feedback for an iphone i sold him 30days later paypal told me the buyer had asked for chargeback and he got the £300 back paypal now chasing me for the money getting **** all off me
Things like this need to stop, it is criminal tbh.
Old 17 November 2011, 05:03 AM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive met Futureshock wrx...got parts of him.Genuine guy. Also bought off "scooby part's" aswell Cant fault at all " got roof trim's deliverd cheaply and undamaged in a wooden frame. Was well packaged and great service. So the 2 parties in here i can honestly say are good sellers and impreza enthusiasts like 99% of people on here.

Paypal yet again **** people over. just thought i give my tuppence worth