Sponsored by:

so you've had an accident

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2002, 02:29 PM
longdogs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Who’s had the experience of talking their undriveable car to an insurance approved repairer?

I know it’s going to get fixed, as it’s an economic repair. However the car is Belgium import and the repair centre mumbled on about if it’s an import we have to get parts from Subaru Japan.

I’ve told them that it registered with Subaru UK

They have now had the car two weeks and they are telling me they don’t have all the parts yet, and it will take another couple of weeks !!
Although I must admit I don’t know where they are getting them from. But I’ll know this tomorrow as I got them to send me the engineer’s report including parts required cost and were from in the post tonight.

So has anybody had an Euro import repaired?
How long did it take?
Where did the parts come from?

Please tell me it’s not going to take the rest of summer I’m sick of driving a Vectra ! I want my MY01 back. I've even got some 605's waiting for it (can't even stop upgrading when it's in bits)
Old 24 April 2002, 02:49 PM
Sparks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Find out what bits you need, then go to local dealer(s) and enquire about availability. If they have them reserve them and get repair shop to buy, or you buy them, supply to repair shop ( complete with invoice.. ).

A euro import ( AFAIK ) is the same as a UK car so why they are messing about getting bits from japan god knows. Or maybe this is an excuse for slacking ?