Sponsored by:

It Passed!

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2002, 03:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The blackbeast went in for a service and the dreaded MOT today, and I was rather worried.

Should not have been. I just phoned the garage (GDA Sports Cars) and it passed with flying colors, even though it has full decat! yay! Also they reckon I must treat the car very well because they said it's in great mechanical condition! Which is amazing as anyone who's ever been in a car with me can state that i'm not the best or most mechanically sympathetic driver there is!

So, big thanks to Nathan at GDA Sports Cars You and Graham are the best! Cannot express my thanks enough.

If you are near Kent, and have a jap import that needs looking at give GDA a call (01892 740006)
Old 23 April 2002, 03:24 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Of course it's in good condition, how many times have you had it repaired?
Old 23 April 2002, 03:37 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Markus, I'm impressed....but how the hell did it get thro fully de'catted ? I've been thinking about getting the DP on mine done but am concerned at roadside testing, and hassle at MOT time. What system have you got, and did GDA offer any explanation as to how it got thro (or did they replace the CP for MOT purposes ?).

V.Impressed.

G
Old 23 April 2002, 04:11 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Brendan, you cheeky chap!

ScoobyK
Car is MY94 WRX Wagon, so it being an import and a 1994 does mean it only has to go through one of the emissions tests anyway (I think - someone want to corect me if I'm wrong?) and newer cars, 95 or newer must go through a 2 part emissions test, and thus this is where things usually fail.

The system on the car is a BPM Twindump downpipe (thanks Lou!) and an Apexi N1 center section and backbox.

GDA did NOT put a cat in, mainly cos the center section and backbox seem to be one unit, so it could not be fitted there, plus they would have had to replace the downpipe, and even though I left the original downpipe in the car (just in case) they did not fit it.

I'm going to get the actual readings and post them, so we can see what it got, I'm told they are very good readings. Seem to recall that last year, with the catted downpipe it got a zero co2 reading, which is good, or so I'm told.
Old 23 April 2002, 04:18 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Of course, I had to say I'd forgotten how old the BBeast was....(sorry, didn't mean it to sound that way !).

I will give GDA a bell and see if they have any thoughts on this and what options I have.

Thanks M8
Old 23 April 2002, 04:24 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

No probs mate.
Nathan and Graham (not there at the moment) should be able to answer your questions. Let me know what they say.
Old 23 April 2002, 05:16 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Splendid!

How are those brakes now Mark?

The Green Monster still has the Cats in at the moment and probably will for a while yet...

JGM
Old 23 April 2002, 05:31 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I've got a 95WRX and the last time I got it MOTed I took it into GDA. They rang the MOT centre and were told that if a car is a UK car it has to have a cat if newer than Aug 92 (I think, sometime around then), if it is an import it has to have a cat if 95 or newer!
Mine unfortunately being a 95 needed a cat so GDA fitted an old standard downpipe they had lying around the place and it passed easily.
Old 23 April 2002, 06:23 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

JGM,
Brakes are mighty fine, suffice to say the car now stops a whole lot better than it did!

ZAZ,
The joys of having a newer car mate I remember you were not best pleased when you found out about this 'rule'

I do have my original catted downpipe, so if anyone wants to borrow it to pass the MOT then let me know.

I'm getting a copy of the emissions sent to me and I'll post the details when I have them.