ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I hate confrontations!

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2011, 07:03 PM
Travis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate confrontations!

Nothing major, but it was about an hour ago and I still feel a bit sick/angry!

Basically, got home from work in the Subaru ( don't use it to commute, but occasionaly take it in to check tyre pressures and so on, as I work in a garage) and find a big Chrysler Voyager taxi half blocking my drive.
Bit annoyed at this but manage to squeeze in just behind it out on the road.
Then go inside and ask the Mrs if she saw who it was and she thinks it was the son of woman who lives next door, so she pops round and asks if he would mind moving it.
I popped out again within a minute of him going out and see him revesing back and nudging his tow bar against my front number plate, getting all huffy because it was a bit tight for him to get out! I couldn't beleive it!
So I shouted at him to stop and let me move mine first and he denied touching it!
So, now my cars back on the drive and no damage done, but I now worry about him damaging it another time as he's obviously got problems!

Sorry for the boring waffle, I'm going off to have a couple of glasses of Cider now to calm down.
Old 26 April 2011, 07:08 PM
acstua
Scooby Regular

i hate ppl who do that, my parents neighbours carer used to do it alot :/
just leave her rear quarter sticking out into our driveway, so id have to come in at a silly angle rather than straight and then try and stear straight on the drive way :/

still at least you didnt have a bloke coming at you with a 2x4 bit of wood as ive had in the past!
some people have serious issues heh :s
Old 26 April 2011, 10:11 PM
fire my brother 1
Scooby Regular

people like that really annoy me.
Old 26 April 2011, 10:20 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I had a women keep parking in the slot where I always park my large work van even though she had space infront of her own house. This meant my van then had to be parked on double yellows. Got pissed off in the end so one Friday evening I parked the van behind her about a cm from her bumper. Then parked my jeep in front of her about a cm off her front bumper.
I left it like this until Monday morning. Neadless to say she started parking elsewhere.
I did **** another neighbor off though as my jeep was in his slot but after explaining what I was doing he saw the funny side.
Just glad my Scooby gets to sleep in my heated garage, couldn't sleep thinking it was stuck out on the road.
Old 26 April 2011, 10:24 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

We had annoying neigbours too. They would even key the cars! We ended up using the 3 cars we had to control everywhere they parked. Funnily enough the vandalism stopped after that.
Old 27 April 2011, 07:42 AM
awdx4
Scooby Regular

I'm actually convinced that an owner who has a car that's their pride and joy gives off some kind of subliminal trigger which attracts people who for some reason are unable to cope with the concept of respecting another person's property. I've seen it in action, the more one feels concerned about some muppet rubbing their vehicle against one's car, the idiots seem to amass like flies around horse ****.

It actually gets better when you watch them, because the more determined approach kicks in, they'll seek you out while you're tucked in some distant corner of a car park and look right into your eyes as if to say, "how dare you be concerned about your car". And when they actually make contact with the car, it's you the owner who has some kind of problem.

I have to be honest and admit to getting the wife to pop in shops on many occasions whilst I sit in the car, ready to pounce on anyone who feels they have a right to cause damage to my car.
Old 27 April 2011, 08:35 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If it actually WAS a taxi, then get his Hackney plate number, (affixed at rear of vehicle), and report him to your local taxi licensing office, which will probably be part of the local council.

I once did this for a local guy that thought it was funny to drive AT me and sound his horn as I was crossing a road, (the local High Street), as he set off.

He got a 3-day suspension, and his taxi company got a written warning.
Old 27 April 2011, 11:55 AM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

At least you kept your cool and didn't adopt the keyboard warrior approach.
No damage to you or your car.
Old 27 April 2011, 12:04 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by awdx4
I'm actually convinced that an owner who has a car that's their pride and joy gives off some kind of subliminal trigger which attracts people who for some reason are unable to cope with the concept of respecting another person's property. I've seen it in action, the more one feels concerned about some muppet rubbing their vehicle against one's car, the idiots seem to amass like flies around horse ****.

It actually gets better when you watch them, because the more determined approach kicks in, they'll seek you out while you're tucked in some distant corner of a car park and look right into your eyes as if to say, "how dare you be concerned about your car". And when they actually make contact with the car, it's you the owner who has some kind of problem.

I have to be honest and admit to getting the wife to pop in shops on many occasions whilst I sit in the car, ready to pounce on anyone who feels they have a right to cause damage to my car.
Spot on...........
These days a lot of people have no respect for other peoples property..
I blame the parents who allow there kids to do whatever the f*ck they please then when they grow into adults they think they can go around and do whatever they want (f*CKING SCUMBAGS.......
Old 27 April 2011, 01:36 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

We used to live in a house with no defined parking space albeit there were 3 spaces outside our house & the neighbours ie 3 spaces to share. Often another neighbour used to park in "our" space as theres was full leaving me nowhere to park ... fecking at that! I used to park behind them of course with a huge punch up ensuing when they tried to get out. Happy days

TX.
Old 27 April 2011, 01:52 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alcazar
If it actually WAS a taxi, then get his Hackney plate number, (affixed at rear of vehicle), and report him to your local taxi licensing office, which will probably be part of the local council.

I once did this for a local guy that thought it was funny to drive AT me and sound his horn as I was crossing a road, (the local High Street), as he set off.

He got a 3-day suspension, and his taxi company got a written warning.
Satisfying?
Old 27 April 2011, 03:18 PM
djsparra
Scooby Regular

I used to live in the country, just me and 1 neighbour surrounded by open fields. I went out for an hour and when I came back there was some muppet parked right across the entrance to the drive, me thinking it was my neighbours mate just waited with my indicator on, the bloke driving then just looked at me and drove off. I parked my car up thinking 'that was a bit strange', got in the front door to realise to my horror the bloke i just saw drive away had just f8cking robbed my house! I went round to my neighbour to find his back window smashed in as well, he'd done both houses!

Luckily when the bast6rd drove off and me being the suspicious type, I took his plate number, the Rozzers got him and i picked him out of an ID parade, He got 3 years!

Sweet!!!
Old 27 April 2011, 03:47 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good on you awsome
Old 27 April 2011, 04:31 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
Spot on...........
These days a lot of people have no respect for other peoples property..
I blame the parents who allow there kids to do whatever the f*ck they please then when they grow into adults they think they can go around and do whatever they want (f*CKING SCUMBAGS.......
Your right about that buddy.
A good pal of mine arrived home from work one evening to find a local brat of a kid sat on the roof of his pride and joy. 90 spec rs turbo, absolute minter too. As he pulled up the kid jumped off leaving a big dent. My pal went round to his house and explained what had just happend. To his horror the parents didn't give a toss, even telling him he shouldnt leave a nice car out on the drive. WTF !!! The car wasn't even on the road, it was on his drive. The parents then shut the door in his face.
My pal then calmly walked back to his front garden, picked up a paving slab that was waiting to be used for his new drive and walked back over to their house. He then launched it straight onto the bonnet of their 3 year old mondeo. Very satisfying but my buddy was the one who got done by the police.
Old 27 April 2011, 04:34 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
A good pal of mine arrived home from work one evening to find a local brat of a kid sat on the roof of his pride and joy. 90 spec rs turbo, absolute minter too. As he pulled up the kid jumped off leaving a big dent. My pal went round to his house and explained what had just happend. To his horror the parents didn't give a toss, even telling him he shouldnt leave a nice car out on the drive. WTF !!! The car wasn't even on the road, it was on his drive. The parents then shut the door in his face.
My pal then calmly walked back to his front garden, picked up a paving slab that was waiting to be used for his new drive and walked back over to their house. He then launched it straight onto the bonnet of their 3 year old mondeo. Very satisfying but my buddy was the one who got done by the police.
........The Scum drive you to despair......
Old 27 April 2011, 07:03 PM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
After reading that, I stopped scrolling down with my mouse, sat back in my chair... and slow clapped.

I can imagine the type that protected their kid like that too. When I have 'em, mine would get a right royal rollocking for doing that, expenses payed for any damage done too out of their own money, bloody savages >=[
Old 27 April 2011, 07:58 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

And these sort of parents are the first ones to go to the police when you react. But if you go to the police they make your life even harder.
In all fairness it's not the kids fault, what chance do they have. They grow up thinking it's ok to do stuff like above, when their parents don't care why should the child.
It's sad but their are thousands of families like this, all living in housing association houses and living off our tax money. Makes me sick to my stomach, god help them all if I were to come into power. Either work and pay your way or go on the front line in war.
Old 27 April 2011, 08:03 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

i would have slapped the taste out of the ****ers mouth
Old 27 April 2011, 08:11 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

three simple steps stop this happening again firstly find a brick then break the window secondly release the handbrake on the intruding vehicle and thirdly give it a shove down the road simple they wont park there again
Old 27 April 2011, 08:51 PM
Bungleaio
Scooby Regular

So you get your car out of the drive and park it on the road, it's a bit tight due to someone else parking outside. You then get your mrs to ask the other car owner to move but as you've parked behind him there's not much space. You then move your car back to being on the drive.

Old 27 April 2011, 09:31 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

also if he even sniffs your drive opening its an obstruction and he can be towed its your right of way
Old 27 April 2011, 09:36 PM
Travis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bungleaio
So you get your car out of the drive and park it on the road,
How could I get the car off the drive and park it in the road with another car half blocking it? I did actually start off by saying I arrived home from work to find my drive blocked. I even used the word 'basically' to help you out. Well read!
Old 27 April 2011, 10:26 PM
Bungleaio
Scooby Regular

Sincere apologies I miss read the 1st part. I hope I haven't caused you any distress.
Old 28 April 2011, 01:35 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Bungleaio
Sincere apologies I miss read the 1st part. I hope I haven't caused you any distress.
Calm down dear......
Old 28 April 2011, 05:13 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Are you David Cameron posting under a pseudonym, Gene?
Old 28 April 2011, 05:37 PM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Annoys me too. I think you should only be allowed as many cars as you can fit outside your house.

The neighbours have 2 cars and a house that can only fit 1 outside. They always leave a massive gap between them so she an reverse and pull away. FFS. Get out of my way and stop parking outside my house!
Old 28 April 2011, 08:15 PM
grahamc
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Coming from South Africa, you just dont park outside someone elses house.... its just not done.... starting to get used to it here, but our 1 neighbour keeps parking partially over our driveway, rather annoying.

However, 1 day his "mate" decided to park right over my driveway, so politely asked him to move, so I could put my car on my drive, but instead I got attitude and got told to f*** myself!!! Needless to say I went a little mental at him and had the missus stepping between me and him (as she is probably one of the few people I wont hit). Not seen him again though..............