Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nostradamus quotes re New York

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2001, 10:55 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forwarded one of the many Nostradamus quote emails to some friends and colleagues and one of them replied to me as follows:

"Dear all,

Indeed a fascinating subject.... I know a lot of this type of reference to prophecy is understandably doing the rounds over the Internet at the moment, and forward by e-mail to interested parties in all innocence...... Any criticism I make to the content of this particular correspondence is aimed solely at the originators of this particular instance (most likely somewhere in the US)..... I simply wish to inform the addressees of this e-mail by setting the record straight.....

In the interests of accuracy, being the sad ******* I am...... I think that it is only proper that if we are going to quote from the prophecies of Nostradamus (or indeed anybody else), we should always ensure that we at least reference that which was actually said, not what has been incorrectly attributed.

The big problem with "Nostradamus" (Michel De Notredame) who lived in the 16th Century (1503-1566) is that he is often misquoted, and prophecies are attributed to him that he did not actually write...

Call me sceptical... Clearly a supernatural feat if Nostradamus wrote these words 88 years after his death....

[Druddle] mail i sent quoted Nostradamus in 1654

That is not to say that he did not foresee this monumental tragedy and foretell of it within his "Centuries" (written in 1555).. which to be honest are far easier to apply after an event than before... If you try to predict any future event from these highly cryptic prophecies, by reading them from the beginning to end, you are confronted by what appears to be a load of gibberish (which, if we are to remain completely open minded, could be the case).

I have scanned the quatrains which had been translated into English directly from the original (written in his native French) so they may have lost some of their poetic meter...

The quatrains (4 line verses) were grouped into chapters of 100 verses which Nostradamus called Centuries (not to be taken literally as 100 years, rather 100 verses). If you pick various lines and sequence them according to an event in history (which is certainly a fascinating and interesting exercise, I guess that's why so many do it) you certainly can arrive at an eerie coincidence..

Here is ( in my humble opinion) a more accurate attempt using the unembellished direct translation (if you want to follow up, I have referenced Century and Quatrain (c.q));

The US President ??? (rather cruel)

To an old leader will be born an idiot heir,
weak both in knowledge and war.

The tragedy ???

The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror:

Cries, weeping, tears will come with knives,
Seeming to flee, they will deliver a final attack,
Parks around to set up high platforms,
The living pushed back and murdered instantly.

At forty-five degrees the sky will burn,
Fire to approach the great new city:
In an instant a great scattered flame will leap up,

I leave you to draw your own conclusions based on your own beliefs regarding prophecy....."

So there we have it.

Dave
Old 17 September 2001, 11:33 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

My mediaeval French is not what it should be but I spotted the following:-

Starte spreddinge
Ye news
I'me leaving today
I gotte to be aparte of it

New Amsterdam
New Amsterdam
So goode
theye named it twycce

You're a bum You're a punk
You're an old **** on junk Lying there almost dead on a drip In that bed
You scum bag You maggot
You cheap lousy ****** Happy Christmas your **** I pray God It's our last
The boys of the NYPD choir Were singing 'Galway Bay' And the bells were ringing Out for Christmas Day

Blimey incredible innit. That last quatrain was a biggy on translation.
Old 17 September 2001, 01:04 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

ROTFLMAO

Quality Barry !!

Dave