Thanks For The Offer, Subaru UK .... but

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2011, 04:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Thanks For The Offer, Subaru UK .... but

I think I'll give it a miss - eh?

If I buy a STi I will now get 20BHP more and a Sat.Nav. ...... and that makes the RRP of £33,000 OK then, does it?

I THINK NOT!!

It's still bestowed with Amstrad quality ***** and switches, it still has the garden centre plantpot plastics on the underside, it still costs an arm and a leg to run ........ and, to top it all off, it's not even up there with the other boyz in town!

No, Subaru UK - stop tinkering at the edges and give us quality, power and reliability at £21,000 - forget the pathetic attempts to sell a product no-one wants anymore ... you are beginning to sound like DFS and DREAMS in your desperate attempts to justify a ridiculously high price for what is, at the end of the day, a low rent hatchback.

It pains me to see a good Marque going bad, really it does ... but it is in your hands - and your hands alone - give us what we want to buy ....... it's a new world now, the trottiing out of the same one trick pony doesn't cut it anymore

Last edited by pslewis; 23 April 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 23 April 2011, 05:00 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Selling a WRX that emits less than 225g/km would be a good start.
Old 23 April 2011, 05:06 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SRSport
And by doing that then the car will not be so powerfull,

Obviously the starter of this thread just like's to wind people up, But what winds me up are people moaning about running cost's its an Impreza you must have realized when buying it it wouldn't be cheap to run etc etc
Old 23 April 2011, 05:46 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SRSport
all they need to do is adapt stop start technology into the car and hey presto £35 road tax for all works for bmw
Old 23 April 2011, 05:53 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete, the new ones come free with glow in the dark paintwork worth 33k all day long that

Tony
Old 23 April 2011, 05:56 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
I think I'll give it a miss - eh?

If I buy a STi I will now get 20BHP more and a Sat.Nav. ...... and that makes the RRP of £33,000 OK then, does it?

I THINK NOT!!

It's still bestowed with Amstrad quality ***** and switches, it still has the garden centre plantpot plastics on the underside, it still costs an arm and a leg to run ........ and, to top it all off, it's not even up there with the other boyz in town!

No, Subaru UK - stop tinkering at the edges and give us quality, power and reliability at £21,000 - forget the pathetic attempts to sell a product no-one wants anymore ... you are beginning to sound like DFS and DREAMS in your desperate attempts to justify a ridiculously high price for what is, at the end of the day, a low rent hatchback.

It pains me to see a good Marque going bad, really it does ... but it is in your hands - and your hands alone - give us what we want to buy ....... it's a new world now, the trottiing out of the same one trick pony doesn't cut it anymore

Old 23 April 2011, 05:59 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by -shane-
Sorry, for the STI you're right I was thinking of the WRX. This is more than possible.

what winds me up are people moaning about running cost's its an Impreza you must have realized when buying it it wouldn't be cheap to run etc etc
Well not really. When I bought mine petrol was 90p/litre and insurance was half what it is now, so yes it was fairly cheap to run. What people moan about is the disproportionate rise in ownership costs compared to inflation.
Old 23 April 2011, 06:07 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Wow, fuel was just over 80p a litre when I bought mine in 2003 I think. Not to worry, we are not far off the £2 litre now
Old 23 April 2011, 06:15 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Obviously the starter of this thread just like's to wind people up, But what winds me up are people moaning about running cost's its an Impreza you must have realized when buying it it wouldn't be cheap to run etc etc
And the same peeps who moan about running costs are quick to spend thousand on mods that made it even more expensive to run
Old 23 April 2011, 06:25 PM
Pack_Scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopperman
And the same peeps who moan about running costs are quick to spend thousand on mods that made it even more expensive to run
Old 23 April 2011, 06:35 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

It's just a real travesty that Subaru keep on coming up with the same old thing ... it sold in bucketloads in 1998 - 2000.

Then Subaru's first slip up ... the Bug Eye arrived - the ugliest car to ever grace tarmac and no mistake!!

From then they never quite recovered their winning ways ... the Classic was the supercar that everyone could own - yes, it was expensive to run (but not as stupid as it is today!) ..... events have overtaken it. Time hasn't stood still - the Subaru Impreza has, it is still looking for buyers which were there in their 1,000's back in the year 2000.

They have gone, they will never return, they have moved on - it's time Subaru did.

Just my opinion and my desperate hope that this will make a difference somehow, somewhere, before Subaru is gone as a UK Marque - it cannot be long now
Old 23 April 2011, 07:17 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

PS Lewis, you aint interested in a scoob, you slag them off all day long with your 200+lb per ft smokey diesel, you're just trying to wind up scoob drivers.

Old 23 April 2011, 08:14 PM
MDS_WRX
Scooby Regular

It's just a real travesty that Subaru keep on coming up with the same old thing
A bit like your posts....
Old 23 April 2011, 08:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Carlh
PS Lewis, you aint interested in a scoob, you slag them off all day long with your 200+lb per ft smokey diesel, you're just trying to wind up scoob drivers.

I - desperately - wanted to buy another new one ..... the story of why I didn't is told again and again all over the land.

The point of this post is, far from being a wind up!! is that Subaru have got it all wrong ... they said that the point of the new hatchback was to attract the buyers who wouldn't normally buy a Subaru Impreza ...... they still don't!!!

Worse still .... the Impreza buyers of old were alienated .... now, they don't have any new buyers - or any old buyers who (like me) love Subaru's!!

How could they get it so, so, so, so wrong is my question? And, why do they think 20 BHP and a Sat. Nav. (which, let's be fair, every car at £33,000+ has anyway!!!!!) will change things?

Madness, complete madness ....................
Old 23 April 2011, 08:45 PM
73henny
Scooby Regular

I - desperately - wanted to buy another new one ..... the story of why I didn't is told again and again all over the land.

The point of this post is, far from being a wind up!! is that Subaru have got it all wrong ... they said that the point of the new hatchback was to attract the buyers who wouldn't normally buy a Subaru Impreza ...... they still don't!!!

Worse still .... the Impreza buyers of old were alienated .... now, they don't have any new buyers - or any old buyers who (like me) love Subaru's!!

How could they get it so, so, so, so wrong is my question? And, why do they think 20 BHP and a Sat. Nav. (which, let's be fair, every car at £33,000+ has anyway!!!!!) will change things?

Madness, complete madness ....................
Still can't help yourself, can you? Still trawling the Subaru website and this forum. Still trying to convince yourself and everybody else that you are completely correct and everyone should buy a Honda Civic diesel. edit; sorry, you can't buy an new one as the engine can't meet emission regs. (Something the £33k STi does)

Note you never replied when I asked why your Honda's tax was much higher, while the economy and performance poorer than my Mrs' 1 series? Perhaps its because its crap?

On a side note, my father was looking at changing his car last week. He looked at the Civic. Very claustrophobic in the back isn't it? And the 'hidden' rear door handles really had me fooled into thinking it was a coupe (he didn't buy one )
Old 23 April 2011, 09:00 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 73henny
On a side note, my father was looking at changing his car last week. He looked at the Civic. Very claustrophobic in the back isn't it? And the 'hidden' rear door handles really had me fooled into thinking it was a coupe (he didn't buy one )
1. I drive from the front seat - not sure why your daddy wants to drive from the rear?

2. I have a genuine 3 door - no hidden door handles for me.

3. I wouldn't buy one now, you can only get the 1.4 and 1.8 petrol ..... the fire breathing diesel is not available - they couldn't keep up with demand for that engine.

4. I did answer your crappy BMW Series 1 question ... it is such a poor car it's not in the same league as a Diesel Honda 2.2.

5. We are not here to talk Honda Civic's - however much you may like to ...... let's talk about why they cannot sell Impreza STi's.
Old 23 April 2011, 09:33 PM
LEUVEN
Scooby Regular

forget the pathetic attempts to sell a product no-one wants anymore ...
It's just a real travesty that Subaru keep on coming up with the same old thing ...

Why does that sound familiar?

Old 23 April 2011, 10:24 PM
stevie333
Scooby Regular

Dont really care what car PSLewis drives,this car is a joke,and i agree with him about the point that Subaru has gone downhill rapid since the classic,i,ve had scoobys for ten years now,and i must admit there are a few others i like(bugeye sti),(hawkeye spec-c),but realistically the new cars aint selling and its just a matter of time before subaru is no longer a uk car,and looking at whats in Autocar this week,the sooner they go the better,its getting embarassing for them
Old 23 April 2011, 10:28 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 23 April 2011, 10:54 PM
73henny
Scooby Regular

1. I drive from the front seat - not sure why your daddy wants to drive from the rear?

2. I have a genuine 3 door - no hidden door handles for me.

3. I wouldn't buy one now, you can only get the 1.4 and 1.8 petrol ..... the fire breathing diesel is not available - they couldn't keep up with demand for that engine.

4. I did answer your crappy BMW Series 1 question ... it is such a poor car it's not in the same league as a Diesel Honda 2.2.

5. We are not here to talk Honda Civic's - however much you may like to ...... let's talk about why they cannot sell Impreza STi's.
What a muppet you really are.

1. My dad has enough friends that the rear seats need to be used.
2. Genuine 3 door?, wow.
3. You wouldn't buy one now? They couldn't keep up with demand? It was pulled because it couldn't meet emission regs
4. Your correct the 1 series isn't in the same league. Its in a much higher one. The civic handles and understeers like a boat. The 1 series is a brilliant drive. And £30 tax, and 5yrs servicing for £250
5. Thought you liked talking about civics? You come on here preaching about it enough. Or maybe, just maybe, you really are determined to convince yourself that a civic isn't an old mans car?, and secretly you wished you'd bought a Subaru. Or have they banned you again from the civic forums?
Old 23 April 2011, 11:07 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

The only BMW 1 Series to compete with the Honda would be £10,000 MORE for LESS!! Pathetic.

What Car says:- "High pricetag for little equipment on the entry-level models. Rear space is tight and the ride is firm"

And of the Honda it says:- "The Civic is a great looking small family car. It’s also blessed with superb build quality and agile handling, while the boot is one of the largest in its class"

Anyway, your Daddies friends not being able to fit the back of a Civic and your wifes crappy, overpriced, BMW 'poormans' Series is off topic and extremely boring.

Back on topic ... are Subaru UK in big trouble? Will Subaru still be a player in the UK market in 2 years time? Is it just too painful to see a £33,000 STi drop in value to £20,000 after 6 months?
Old 24 April 2011, 12:00 AM
73henny
Scooby Regular

Go do your homework.

I didn't pay £10k more for the BMW. A poor mans BMW?, maybe, but its a second car. Not a bad run around.

6 month old STis are now £30k, not £20k as you say. Your just the £10k out then.

As for Subaru being here in 2 years?, why not go away and come back in 2013 and we'll see if your right?
Old 24 April 2011, 09:56 AM
Pack_Scoob
Scooby Regular

To me this is simple, if you dont like Subaru's get off the subaru forum, if you like civics go to the civic forums.

For a newie like me it is really dissapointing to hear arguments about other marques on this forum! It reminds me of when i used to have the Jag, and ws on the jag forum, and everyone would compare it against other makes and models, it got boring!
Old 24 April 2011, 10:07 AM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

stop feeding the troll please people and let him crawl back under that rock
Old 24 April 2011, 10:12 AM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

TBF Mr Lewis is one of the older members here on SN.

Pete, I certainly hope Subaru pull their finger out, in the mean time i think you should test drive the Impreza diesel

p.s can a k*cklink be fitted to a diesel
Old 24 April 2011, 11:02 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
Wow, fuel was just over 80p a litre when I bought mine in 2003 I think.
Ah, those were the days! Wonder what the cost of oil was back then vs now at 141p a litre

TX.
Old 24 April 2011, 02:40 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pack_Scoob
To me this is simple, if you like fishing for big juicy Subaru fans come on to this forum, as there is a large school of fish just waiting to nibble
EFA

Originally Posted by L.J.F
stop feeding the troll please people and let him crawl back under that rock
It will never happen, people enjoy encouraging him by telling him to stop and doing the exact opposite of what they intended . It will only stop when people resist the urge to actually post anything, and the threads just drift slowly down. This will of course never happen, everyone wants to give the last response while, Mr Lewis sits in his armchair doing this to all the suckers he reals in.

In fairness this started out to be a fairly valid thread but has gone down hill...again.
Old 24 April 2011, 03:37 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

To me this is simple, if you dont like Subaru's get off the subaru forum, if you like civics go to the civic forums.

For a newie like me it is really dissapointing to hear arguments about other marques on this forum! It reminds me of when i used to have the Jag, and ws on the jag forum, and everyone would compare it against other makes and models, it got boring!
He does like Subarus, just not the new ugly overpriced crappy ones Subaru sell these days
Old 24 April 2011, 04:01 PM
Pack_Scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
He does like Subarus, just not the new ugly overpriced crappy ones Subaru sell these days
or any theyve sold for the last 11 years

Sorry for making this go on any longer
Old 24 April 2011, 04:05 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Sorry for making this go on any longer
The force is strong with this troll...people .... just ....... cant .... help .... posting.

Quick Reply: Thanks For The Offer, Subaru UK .... but