Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zymol Verdict Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 1999, 10:42 PM
Otis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have noticed a flurry of postings regarding Zymol car wax and I'm sorry for bringing the subject to the fore again. However, some of you must have now given it a whirl and come to a judgement. I normally use Auto-Glym but I seem to recall a cautionary note about Auto-Glym and a number of other products on a recent posting (?)and do not wish to use my usual Auto-Glym on my DBM MY00 if it is going to contribute to the scratch and swirl mark problems some of you appear to experience after a short while.

Perhaps responses of a more sensitve nature may be best e-mailed - I don't know, I'll leave it up to you! However, from what I've read I suspect the reponses (if any) will be favourable.

Otis
elmer@fudd.fsnet.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Otis (edited 15-11-1999).]
Old 14 November 1999, 10:59 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Whilst I have yet to receive mine, I've heard nothing but good about the products. Certainly Neil M was full of praise for the results on his RB5, having experienced swirls on his previous Scoob.

I might be wrong, but I think that the crux of the matter is that there's no spirit base or rubbing compounds in the Zymol stuff, just wax. As a result, I've even been making enquiries through the ever helpful Mark Underwood about using their wax on my models, and aparently they're mild enough even for that.

Josh
Old 15 November 1999, 12:50 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Zymol,

Stonking stuff, and I've now got arm muscles like popeye

Small downside as posted in a previous thread is that the products smell of chocolate and coconut. Hence my 3 golden retreivers think the car is now a large bounty bar and try to lick it at any given opportunity.

Yex
Old 15 November 1999, 12:51 AM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well, it may be hard work initially but the results are well worth the effort and expense! I did mine 2 weeks ago (took 4 1/2 hours mind you). This weekend I gave it a wash and the dirt, flies etc just fell off. Once it was chamoised off it looked like I'd just waxed it again (so I did anyway to give it the 'skin')! My car looks the best I've ever known it too, and I've used most other products. The only problem is that I have developed this obsession with keeping the car shiney and spotless...
Old 15 November 1999, 08:06 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Otis, I have had no problems with the stuff at all. Don't know where you get the swirl marks idea from as its not abraisive, that is one of its selling points. It also contains no chemicals whatsoever. Contains no chalky deposits either so you get no horrible and irremovable white marks if your a little bit inaccurate. The only trouble I have had with it is how tired I feel when I have finished. In my opinion it is worth the price and effort. Buy it.
Tim
Old 15 November 1999, 08:30 AM
Doug
Scooby Regular

Wink

I’m just about to place an order myself on Tim’s recommendation, so it better be good or ‘the boys’ will be paying you a visit.
Old 15 November 1999, 09:09 AM
DavidG
Scooby Regular

Spent about four hours doing the whole thing yesterday, for the first time. The car (MY98 reddish blue)looks great - and it even <I>smells</I> good, too. Only time will tell for the other benefits, but I'm convinced. A different world from Autoglym. Give it a try! You only have to do the really hard work - the HD-cleanse - about twice a year.

Also, it's not tested on animals and no carnubas died to make it . You can't say fairer than that!

David
Old 15 November 1999, 10:33 AM
leaskc
Scooby Regular

Hi

Totally agree with DavidG - the HDCleanse is the hard part, but you don't need to do it very often.

After I polished the car with Zymol it looked fantastic. Put a really deep shine on the paintwork and it is still lasting (4weeks later). Got rid of most of the swirl marks (some were deep though) ...

No white dust as you buff away the polish, either

Currently trying to put a "skin" on the car as per recommendations but the weather has been against me.

Cameron
Old 15 November 1999, 10:36 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have never really been much of a car cleaner but after reading so much about Zymol and meeting Mark at Earls court I thought I would try the SIDC kit. Normaly I would hose the car down down, whiz round it with a sponge and fairy liquid water, and hose it off again and back to the lounge with a nice cup of tea to watch some telly. Not any more, I even took last Friday off because the last time I tried to complete the Zymol treatment I ran out of time (daylight)! This time it took the best part of the morning and lunch to wash and HD-cleanse the car. No time for tea today but the results are amazing. I spent the rest of the day waxing and buffing the car. I have never had a car so clean and the paint is now silky smooth and the black almost has a purple tint to it. (previous colour maybe )
My opinion is based on the fact I never really used any other proper products to polish cars so can't say how they compare but for something to keep me interested for more than an hour has to be pretty good.
The biggest complaint I have is that the booklet you get says 'two full squeezes of the auto bathe' stuff, sounded alot to me but two full squeezes went into my bucket of water. Everything then got very soapy and I then thought I would read the bottle, one capful of this per gallon of water, great! Not only have I got enough suds to clean a full NCP I've just wasted a quater of a bottle of the stuff!
Don't RTFM, always RTFB!
Old 15 November 1999, 01:22 PM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Otis

I've done my RB5 twice ( Clear Auto Bathe - HD Cleanse and Wax ).

I've washed it about 6 times ( Clear Auto Bathe ).

Am just about to reorder Clear Auto Bathe and HD-Cleanse ( Big Sizes ) and a couple of tins of Spinach

It ain't cheap but the old adage about 'You Gets What You Pays for' certainly rings true on this occasion.

10/10 For the Product and 10/10 for the company and customer service.

They would win A JD Power Survey hands down ( IMHO ).

Old 15 November 1999, 03:30 PM
Otis
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for replying everyone, you've conviced me! Only problem now is getting some as the banner advert link does not appear to work. Has anyone got an e-mail address and prices?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Otis
Old 15 November 1999, 04:35 PM
NeilR
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi

Zymol'd the car over the weekend.

Went for a drive, it got stared at, ozzled at and received several , 'Beautiful car Man!' type comments. Drove approx 150miles since then and there is not one speck of dust on it. The paintwork is Deep and like new.

I can't wait to run of the stuff as it's going to be such a please re-ordering.

NeilR

I have used AUTOGLYM for years but i shan't again until all the money runs out!
Old 16 November 1999, 01:13 PM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Otis

Phone number is 01752 222985.

Web Site
Old 16 November 1999, 02:01 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Since my original reply I have received mine and so far.......WOW!

Since they were out of Carbon Wax I opted for the Titanium starter kit, and I have to agree with Neil, Prompt Delivery, Great product and Great Customer service.

You definately appear to get what you pay for at Zymol

Josh

PS Many Happy returns for yesterday Mark
Old 16 November 1999, 02:45 PM
Gethin
Scooby Regular

Cool

So I guess you guys aren't going to follow the Rally of GB then??

Aren't Subarus rally cars after all and not Max Power jobbies??

Gethin
MY96 WRX
Clean, but not too clean!!
Old 16 November 1999, 11:38 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Hi everybody!!!

Thanks to all those who attended our stand at the motor show. I was gob smacked with the reception you guys have given us.

Yes due to an un precesdented demand we actually sold out of Creame and Carbon. Unable to source any more at the factory as it is now off season and production does not begin until the new year.

Having shown the factory how much you all have supported us over the last few months I have managed to twist some arms at very high level to have a small batch made especially for the UK.

As of Monday 22nd November we will have a limited stock of creame and carbon waxes. The downside is a small price hike as the batch was especially made and we had to have it air freighted over the pond.

The Creame/Carbon Kits are now £57.50 plus P&p and the Titanium Kits are now £75.00p plus p&p.

As per usual any one who orders will have a little something extra thrown in seeing as your SIDC. Those that bought at the motor show had all sorts chucked in.

Once I return from the continent at the week end I will post some other special offers which should make ideal gifts for grimbo especially if you want spread the word.

Once again, my heart felt thanks to one and all who visited our stand. It gave me the greatest of pleasure to speak to you all and this made the show so very worth while. You guys have proved to me that all the effort so far has been very worth while and it gives me pleasure to support you further especially when I read these threads/posting.

I have commenced writing the manual on car car but already it is proving to be one hell of a job. It will when finished provide you all with the fullest info on paints, causes of damage, the correct use of any product but obviously with a bias towards zymol. A fee...only a small fee for SIDC just to cover costs etc.
Old 17 November 1999, 10:01 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Gethin

The crap wipes off a lot easier

Show AND Go !!

We'll wave if we see ya
Old 18 November 1999, 12:31 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Cool

No Swirls with Zymol.
Old 18 November 1999, 12:54 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Seeing as there's a UK wide shortage of Zymol, make me an offer of >£1,000,000 and I'll happily bring my part empty pot of carbon WAX to your house
Old 18 November 1999, 09:06 AM
Gethin
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sure, after giving my car the Turtle Wax treatment a few months ago, washing is now a breeze! I have noticed the swirl effect though..might be the cloth i'm using...

Gethin
MY96 WRX
Old 21 November 1999, 08:12 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Everbody

Just to let you all know....Creame and Carbon is back in syock again. I've got 32 Creames and 40 Carbon.

I will make a psoting during the course of the week with some special offers that we are making especially to you guys...not available to any body else!!!!!!

What would you say if it were possible to have a special run of Scooby wax made....give me an idea of numbers please. I would need to have at least 100 orders for a special formulation to be made. Post your replys or email me direct. Thanks
Old 21 November 1999, 08:47 PM
david
Scooby Regular

Talking

sounds COOL !
Old 21 November 1999, 09:25 PM
Rob W
Scooby Regular

Smile

zymol wax is excellent,i have waxed my car my99 green mica six times now only had car six weeks looks better than when i picked it up from the dealers.no paint swirls just deep shine, lovely.it is not hard to apply done the complete car today in about one and a half hours,by washing with 'clear' and waxing every week there is now a nice layer of wax to protect the bodywork during the winter months.
i also bought some wheel cleaner off mark underwood at the motorshow,this stuff really works and is not harmful like other makes.
i like the idea about some special scooby wax and the special prices
Old 21 November 1999, 09:25 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mark,

Would definetely be up for the Scooby Wax....especially given the Suabru paintwork...lots of brazillian waxy content please!!!

Would it come in a unique (collectable) container?
Old 21 November 1999, 09:36 PM
J_Birks
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I am a definate Zymol convert placed a new order last week for more clear auto bathe, lehm clay kit, wheel clean kit etc, spent the whole afternoon cleaning car after trip to Donington yesterday and the results are superb.
Yes Mark a Subaru specific wax would be COOL !!
p.s. anyone want some free Auto Glym

Jason
Old 22 November 1999, 07:59 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sunlip

So far I've had five responses.

Wax will only be available in UK to start with depending on demand...therefore collectable in that respect. Colour of wax will also be unique using a natural food dye as the colourant.

The product will only be available from two sources...us and one other uk based dealer.
Old 21 December 2005, 07:32 PM
mg driver
Scooby Regular

i use autoglym and then extra gloss protection...excellent results.
Old 21 December 2005, 07:37 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dare i mention the word "Swissol" ??
Old 21 December 2005, 07:47 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Yex
Zymol,

Stonking stuff, and I've now got arm muscles like popeye

Small downside as posted in a previous thread is that the products smell of chocolate and coconut. Hence my 3 golden retreivers think the car is now a large bounty bar and try to lick it at any given opportunity.

Yex

Quality