ZYMOL - My Conclusions after research. Please read

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2000, 11:49 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Exclamation

This is my summary as to the events of this last weekend/week.

This is my personal opinion and is based on my own research into various
legal and company documents, I am not stating this is fact, I am stating
this is my own conclusions based on evidence I have gathered. Should any of
you wish to have more detailed information on how I came to these
conclusions then feel free to contact me on my email address.

There is a company in the USA called zymol enterprises incorporated.

It holds a Federal Patent for the manufacture of waxes under the zymol trade
mark. Federal Patents are only enforceable in the USA.

There is a company in the EU called zymol.

It holds a European Community trade mark for the manufacture of waxes and
associated products.

There is a company in the UK called Zymol UK LTD incorporated at companies
house. This company is run by mark Underwood.

There has been a contract between mark Underwood's company and zymol USA to
be the exclusive distributor of zymol USA products to the UK, this contract
was signed on the 16th march 1999.

Mark has also supplied products sourced by the zymol company in the EU.

Therefore some of marks product range is sourced from zymol USA and some
sourced from the zymol EU, a completely legitimate act based on the
patents/trade marks held in the USA/EU.

I have contacted the USA company that started the initial counterfeit
warnings via there web site with a more detailed break down of my
conclusions above. I have received no reply to my questions/evidence. This
is after that company had gone to the trouble of sending me 8 separate mails
and one international telephone call with their accusations. I have given
them 30 hours to respond to my evidence.

I believe that mark is a legitimate trader and has responded in the only way
he legally is able to do, in other words say nothing.

I always take accusations of fraud seriously, I wish I had resisted the
temptation to post on these issues until I had more facts, for this I
apologise to mark.

I hope the above helps clarify the position.

I will be happy to deal with mark in the future and hope that you all feel
the same way.

best regards

john

Old 16 February 2000, 01:08 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
mark, it is simply not possible for legal reasons for mark underwood to post any reply of any substance on this BBS.
I'm sorry but that is the right and proper way to deal with any trade/legal dispute.
I think this episode has certainly highlighted to me the power of the Internet in getting a message out quickly. I think it is also an illustration that if a company decides to bypass the correct legal avenues and use this relatively new power( I am not stating this as fact) it does nothing but muddy the waters. If there is a dispute, of which i know not, then the internet is not the correct place to carry out this dispute.
This is the last post i am going to make on this subject, i think i have been honest and open with my opinions and have tried to be reasonable to all parties. My above post states my possition clearly.
Old 16 February 2000, 08:05 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

So there is a Zymol factory in Europe somewhere as well as the US factory?

I wonder if Zymol USA's argument is just with Mark, of whether it is with the European factory?
Old 16 February 2000, 11:46 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

My site...its been pulled due to commercial reasons. I am launching our own brand under a totally seperate name etc and you will see our new banner soon. Other than that guys "NO COMMENT". John F has as others have done, done their investigations and John F has published his.

Furthermore, Mr Bennett, the CEO of Zymol Enterprises Inc has ALSO stolen this companies/my web address of
Old 16 February 2000, 12:39 PM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

I feel the same as you john,
I sent 1 email to Zymol US on Sunday, and the reply came back within 1 hour. As Zymol US had been reported as saying they had never had any dealings with Mark and their first reply implied as much, I sent a second email to them asking for clarification of that point.

Result:- A deafening silence

I sent them a copy of the second email to them again at 6:30 ish tonight (middle of the day for them) as of 12:15am (oooh I'm up late ) still no response.

Read into this what you will.

What I personally read into it(no reflection on BBS, I have never even met Mark, I have no connection with Zymol, etc. etc. etc.) is the sound of furious backpedalling. I think Zymol US is trying to pretend we don't exist, even if they have been told by their lawers to say nothing, a reply stating that would have at least been courteous.

Also they can't stick it on volume of emails to deal with, as a simple holding reply could have been sent out to everybody who sent them an email.

When and if I get a reply from Zymol US I will post here along with my original email as both stated that "any answer may be distributed"

p.s. at least half of my questions raised in my original email were not addresed by Zymol US.

Paul

Now all I need is the time to put the stuff on the car
Old 16 February 2000, 12:40 PM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)
John,

Interesting, but I'm still a little confused. If everything is legitimate, legal, and above board, a) why is the web site down, b) why can't Mark tell us these facts himself. I assume that some sort of legal infringement has taken place.

Mark.
Old 16 February 2000, 04:03 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good luck with the new range Mark put me down as a prospective customer.
Old 16 February 2000, 04:48 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Mark,

I'm sure that anyone who has spoken to you or your team, and have used the products you have supplied so far, will wish you the best of luck in your new venture!

As for a mobile service, for dent/scratch removal & valeting, I'm sure that it will go well! I look forward to using your services when you are up and running!

Regards
Andy
Old 16 February 2000, 06:05 PM
quattro
Scooby Regular

Although my post may have been too long and somewhat complicated when the topic has been initially 'discussed', I am glad I was not wrong assuming that this was just a typical manufacturer/distributor war with the manufacturer doing everything to prevent the other party from functioning.

Very happy to see that those who initially suspected the UK operation know better now. There can always be 'funny things going on', but nothing is as deep as initially we may think.

Eagerly await to see Mark U. continue with his good service and care.

q.
Old 16 February 2000, 09:03 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice one Mark.
Cheers for letting us know.

Stef.
Old 16 February 2000, 09:22 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

PeteT and Quattro

Send me an email with your address details and I will gladly send you some free samples. There will be 3 products bundled with applicators but shucks, no towels.
The 3 products: 1) a pre wax cleaner and swirl/scratch remover, 2) a liquid carnauba wax and 3) a maintainance spray to keep the just waxed look in between regular waxings.

All I ask is to let me know the results. Anyone else want some frebbies? then email me as I have limited free samples.

Only thing though guys/gals...labels are not yet ready but full instructions will come with the samples.
Old 16 February 2000, 09:30 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I would ask for some free samples, but I think it's better all round if people who've already used the "Other Vendor's" wax try it and compare the results.
Old 16 February 2000, 09:34 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

OK Carl

You too can have some...just mail me your address and see what YOU the products are like to use and the results. They are designed and manufacturered for ease of use with outstanding results. Why compare against the "other product"?
Old 22 February 2000, 12:07 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Mark
You know my address!
Send me some stuff!
My car is a little dirty.
You can, if you want, use my car as a demonstrator for your new product range.
Old 22 February 2000, 12:46 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

NeilR,

The problem is that with sooooo many members now, it only takes the hearsay of half-a-dozen or so (0.3%) to install an element of doubt. I wonder how many members that jumped in against PE actually had any dealings with them??

Even PC has taken some stick lately.

Still, it does mean that suppliers etc. that broadcast on the BBS ensure that their pre and post sales are second to none, or risk losing new customers

P.S. Mark, good luck with the new product range. In truth, I think that if you weren't as helpful and supportive of the BBS as you have been, most would never have given you the benefit of the doubt and, if your HD Clense alternative is as good as the original, I'll buy some

(edited for typo's)

[This message has been edited by DavidLewis (edited 22-02-2000).]
Old 22 February 2000, 07:28 AM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Mark..

Used the samples at the weekend and they are outstanding !!

The liquid carnauba wax has got to be the best wax I've used to date, easy to put on and so easy to remove and leaves non of that nasty dust/residue you get with certain waxes and gives a silky smooth deep shine to my DBM paint.

Mark can you mail me the price list and I would'nt mind a sample of the spray you can use between waxes...

Kev
Old 22 February 2000, 09:30 AM
JDS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mark,

I would be interested in your current pricelist also, particularly since my autowash is about to run out. Do any of your products make it easier to wax the car when it is cold? The liquid carnauba sounds like it might?

Regards,

James
Old 22 February 2000, 09:51 AM
NeilR
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bloody Hell,

What is it about the Scoobynet BBS curse.

First PowerEngineering and now you!, Mark.

NeilR
Old 22 February 2000, 05:42 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys and Gals

Many thanks for all your enquiries and also the kind comments!

Thanks for the interest in the freebie samples offer.

As you probably saw, we were unidated with requests last week and we closed the offer on Friday.

I did in fact make a posting to this effect!.

Below are some details rightfully or wrongfully inthis section. I have done so even though I may get my rear kicked. Hopefully what follows will answer alot of your questions and what we will be offering YOU!

Please accept my apologies if I have mis-posted etc. No offence meant and hopefully none caused.

Under the Wax Wizard range we willbe offering the following:

Enzyme waxes like zymol, liquid carnauba wax, liquid cleaner wax (pre wax cleaner and wax all in one) 3 grades of pre wax cleaner according to severity of swirls and scratches, a wax/polish to match Auotglym, a bargain basement wax/polish. detergent free shampoo, a wash n wax shampoo, screen wash (apple), ready to use glass cleaner, chrome/metal polish, a version of Back to Black, upholstery cleaner, leather cleaner, MultiClean (for wheels/upholstery and anything else) wash mitts, towels, pre wax and wax applicators, real and synthetic chamois, wheel brushes, detail brushes etc etc etc.

Furthermore we aim to offer full flexibility around our customers: all liquid products will be available in 250ml, 500ml, 1 ltr and 5 ltr sizes. Prices will be extremely competitive with the same great service and personall attention with weekend help line etc (hopefully a freephone number soon).

Why such a wide range...cos that is what you have been asking for!!!

We will also be marketing Autoglym but hopefully at lesser prices than in say Halfords! Also will be some big name products in from the states...again at competive prices (also made for M/benz etc). Also will be products in from Germany where the products are made for "own brand" for BMW, Audi and Porsche.

Why? Cos its what you have been asking for. And now you can have unrivalled help and advise with good service and back up at affordable prices. Sorry but we will not be selling Jif for cleaning wheels(no offence meant or intended).

Everything we supply will be of top quality with top quality service. Also coming is retail premises for display purposes and in house valeting.

In short we will be offering everybody, something no matter the depth of their pockets. All tastes and requirements will be met.

Also deciding/planning on offering mobile valeting and dent repair with also mobile scratch/chip removal.

A new banner ad should be appearing any day now but our new website is as follows: