Sponsored by:

Avoid Parcels2go

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2011, 05:24 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avoid Parcels2go

After refusing to pay me out on a caliper they broke that was attached to hub, (dropped on its end and snapped caliper lugs) they have now lost another set of calipers which when tracked apparantly have been in and out of a container in doncaster a number of times for the last 3 days.

I have no doubt they will refuse the claim on this also as im currently taking them to court for the other.

Cheap yes, reliable NO.
Old 08 January 2011, 05:29 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

do you mean http://www.parcel2go.com/ - if so they are a broker and you should be claiming from the delivery company themselves ??
Old 08 January 2011, 05:30 PM
Billet
Scooby Regular

maybe its a one off. I used them without any problems.
Old 08 January 2011, 05:39 PM
pete96wrx
Scooby Regular

sent 4 seperate parcels on the same day 3 ended up at different address s to my labels and 1 took a month to finaly arrive at right address.id never use them again
Old 08 January 2011, 06:17 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Interparcel. I have never had any bother and I also use APC very successfully.
Old 08 January 2011, 07:15 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Parce2go was the internet arm of DHL ?

Shaun
Old 08 January 2011, 07:47 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

Originally Posted by DemonDave
do you mean http://www.parcel2go.com/ - if so they are a broker and you should be claiming from the delivery company themselves ??
correct a broker, but if you book through them you cant claim direct from courier used, ive tried it has to be through p2go

Trending Topics

Old 08 January 2011, 07:48 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

Originally Posted by Tazz
ur a lucky one then lol,

ive sent around 20 parcels and first 16 were fine last 4 have been either damaged or lost and claim rejected for last one going to lodge another claim now which i have no doubt will be rejected
Old 08 January 2011, 07:48 PM
Micky Type-R
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that pal.Its crap when things like that happen.

No there not a part of DHL.As stated they are a third party company that take your booking,then make a booking with whichever courier firm they get the better deal with,more often than not DHL as they get big discounts for the amount they ship.Thats why it's cheaper than if you went to the companies direct.

As for who is liable i would have thought that it would be p2g as you had a legal contract with them.They would then have to claim from whoever they shipped with.I maybe wrong on this but this was always my understanding having worked as a DHL courier for many years.
Old 08 January 2011, 07:49 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

Originally Posted by harvey
Try Interparcel. I have never had any bother and I also use APC very successfully.
cheers will do from now on,
Old 08 January 2011, 07:59 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

they also take around 2 weeks to reply to an email, then ask for things you;ve already provided, its like they never accept a claim even if you have supplied all they ask for reason i say this is
1. they ask for pictures of packaging inside and out, copies of manifest etc etc etc,

hoping you'll miss things and they will have to drag it out past their time frame to claim.

Due to this i supplied more than they asked for picture wise in massive detail all labelled etc, copies of all the items they asked for manifest etc, to recieve an email asking for pictures of the packaging over a week and a half after i posted my claim in with these recorded signed for delivery. I then sent the pictures again by email, to recieve an email a week later telling me my claim had been updated and passed back to me to supply pictures i had supplied them with 3 times at this point by post and also to 2 email addresses they asked me to use. Again another week went by to get the same email, at this point i advised them to deal with the claim as they had everything and politly advised that if they didnt sort it soon as in my opinion over a month isnt acceptable then id take them to court. Which i am now doing. As they refused claim eventually for insufficient packaging. The calipers were boxed and packed with cardboard. then a second box for extra padding so court it is. Oh and to top it off they refuse to supply me with complaint procedure details but ive kept all records of emails asking for this etc, my small claims case is well prepared and even if i dont win which i cant see me losing really it will be worth it.

To top it off i recieved an email asking for more detail again after all this, i realised they were replying to emails i sent them months ago. very unproffessional if you ask me.

Seems like no matter what you send them they delay with asking for it again

Last edited by JAutos; 08 January 2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08 January 2011, 08:02 PM
futureshockwrx
Scooby Regular

yeah used them before xmas and when i called them bout parcel not being picked up(told to contact them from the courier) was giving different reasons everytime. then when wanted my refund. claimed they would upgrade me for extra money. now it taken two weeks to get my money back, absolute joke
Old 08 January 2011, 08:33 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

we all compalain about snail mail (royal mail) but they have never let me down had one claim for £25 for a broken splitter they sent me a cheque for £32 so in my opinion top company lol
Old 08 January 2011, 08:34 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

Originally Posted by futureshockwrx
yeah used them before xmas and when i called them bout parcel not being picked up(told to contact them from the courier) was giving different reasons everytime. then when wanted my refund. claimed they would upgrade me for extra money. now it taken two weeks to get my money back, absolute joke

They are probably a tiny business with a few people and cant handle the amount of problems they have had with the weather. But when they do eventually get back to u they arnt even proffessional
Old 08 January 2011, 08:34 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tazz
+1 About 4 times with no probs
Old 08 January 2011, 10:06 PM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

We use them at work, shipped hundreds of parcels and only had problems with a small number - mainly late, but that's not P2G fault, they're only the broker.

That said, they have changed their telephone number to an 0871 number at 10p / min and offer 'live' help as an alternative where it seems to take 5-10 minutes to get a response.

If your shipment broke, you should be able to claim on insurance if you paid for extra cover (there's £50 cover included). Also pack your items better, you should know that parcels are going to be thrown around and pack accordingly.

Anders
Old 09 January 2011, 08:53 AM
NEILB1
Scooby Regular

i never had a problem i have sent **** loads through themand they broke a set of cams well the company they used, i put a claim in and 5 weeks later got a refund
Old 09 January 2011, 11:08 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JAutos
correct a broker, but if you book through them you cant claim direct from courier used, ive tried it has to be through p2go
+1
And what they don't make clear are the compensation terms are different than the actual couriers terms, even though the service is called the same.
I guess this is why P2G are a little cheaper - but for a reason.
Old 09 January 2011, 02:10 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

Originally Posted by Anders_WR1
We use them at work, shipped hundreds of parcels and only had problems with a small number - mainly late, but that's not P2G fault, they're only the broker.

That said, they have changed their telephone number to an 0871 number at 10p / min and offer 'live' help as an alternative where it seems to take 5-10 minutes to get a response.

If your shipment broke, you should be able to claim on insurance if you paid for extra cover (there's £50 cover included). Also pack your items better, you should know that parcels are going to be thrown around and pack accordingly.

Anders
The item was a hub and caliper weighing in around 18kg, 2kg under the limit for service i used. I paid £18 plus £5 for extra cover to insure them to £150. As for packaging, it was an item i bought and arranged courier myself so i didnt pack them. That said the packaging by the seller was fine for the items double boxed and padded with internal cardboard. Im a little puzzled to what you suggest for adequate packaging as though these wernt. To break these they must have been dropped from a huge height or run over with a forklift or sumthing, As stated in my compalint i could drop the exact same item from 1 meter repeatedly and it wouldnt break without packaging.

Aside from that its how they deal with complaints thats very unprofessional, extremley slow, annoying asking for same things again and again

Last edited by JAutos; 09 January 2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11 January 2011, 11:01 AM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

15 minutes on hold on the phone and live help, waiting on both, funny thing is when u ring it says 15 seconds answer time on live help. My missing parcel was in doncaster now its miles away again according to tracking
Old 11 January 2011, 06:12 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

Thank you for your claim for damage. The status of your claim (id number 22754 and order number 5239732) has changed. Your claim is now Awaiting information from customer.As the status of your claim changes, we will email you and keep you fully informed of progress. If you have any queries during, or after this process, then please email us at claims@parcel2go.com quoting the claim reference number and the Parcel2Go.com order number.
*****We are now in a position to offer settlement for your claim. We have two options for payment: 1. We can issue pre-paid credit against future services with Parcel2Go.com for the value of the claim plus and an additional 10% . 2. We can issue a cheque for the claim value. We would appreciate you letting us know your preference and, if the latter, the name and address of where the cheque should be sent. As a goodwill gesture we would also like to offer you the cost of your carriage back plus 10% into a prepayment account. On receipt of your address details this will automatically be added for you. If we can be of any further assistance in this matter please don't hesitate to come back to us.*****

I have just recieved this email.
To be honest Im very suprised but It looks like parcels2go are actually putting this right, maybe the fact i was going to take them to court. I will update once they have creditted my account with the money.
Old 11 January 2011, 06:35 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

I used them to send a parcel last week, took them 3 days to come pick it up, they then brought it back the next day, when I rang them they said it was a mistake, finally went friday and guess what another van turned up today to colect the same parcel they colected on friday FFS PMSL
Old 11 January 2011, 11:09 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

Will it ever get there lol
Old 12 January 2011, 03:29 PM
JAutos
ScoobyWorx

As said they have now given me £78.24 credit onto my account with them. In the end they have come good and due to low costs I will still use them unless I do have any other issues in the future.
Old 12 January 2011, 04:32 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JAutos
Will it ever get there lol
Got there yesterday.

Last edited by TurboAndy; 12 January 2011 at 04:35 PM.