Sponsored by:

just had cambelt and pullies done

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2010, 04:55 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just had cambelt and pullies done

My car went in originaly for an adjustment on the timing and a fuel pump and mot.
But had the cambelt done as john at rasp said there was play in the pullies (ie bearings had gone) .
So had a new cambelt kit fitted pullies and tensioner and new belt.
It was mentioned to me that the belt had been changed as this was pretty new but last owner never bothered to change pullies,who on earth would just change the belt and not the cam pullies as he said there was excessive play that had been there for sometime.
So peice of mind atlast the cambelt is done and the car sailed through its MOT with flying colours now to move on to mods when they arrive has anyone else had long deliveries of parts from scooby parts as i ordered a wolboro fuel pump last week and still not arrived yet...!
decat downpipe then new ecu and remap then i might be happy if its pulling 240hp as had it at corten miller on RR AND CAME OUT AT A DISSAPOINTING 202HP WITH 240 TORQUES.
Just to say everytime my car goes into RASP i get a great service thanks again john.
Old 08 September 2010, 06:25 PM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

everything ive ever ordered from scoobyparts has always arrived quickly. in fact sometimes so quickly im not expecting it. the other week i got my gauge pod the day after ordering it. Maybe they're just out of stock at the moment? if they are and you need the fuel pump quick quick quick though check Lateral performance. Actually he does the walbro ones cheapest ive seen
Old 08 September 2010, 06:51 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by leecalcars
My car went in originaly for an adjustment on the timing and a fuel pump and mot.
But had the cambelt done as john at rasp said there was play in the pullies (ie bearings had gone) .
So had a new cambelt kit fitted pullies and tensioner and new belt.
It was mentioned to me that the belt had been changed as this was pretty new but last owner never bothered to change pullies,who on earth would just change the belt and not the cam pullies as he said there was excessive play that had been there for sometime.
So peice of mind atlast the cambelt is done and the car sailed through its MOT with flying colours now to move on to mods when they arrive has anyone else had long deliveries of parts from scooby parts as i ordered a wolboro fuel pump last week and still not arrived yet...!
decat downpipe then new ecu and remap then i might be happy if its pulling 240hp as had it at corten miller on RR AND CAME OUT AT A DISSAPOINTING 202HP WITH 240 TORQUES.
Just to say everytime my car goes into RASP i get a great service thanks again john.
What car is it mate? Early classics were only 208bhp new.
Old 08 September 2010, 06:58 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

its a my00 turbo 2000 but got a 2.5 block b25c 701
Old 08 September 2010, 07:00 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fiveskin
everything ive ever ordered from scoobyparts has always arrived quickly. in fact sometimes so quickly im not expecting it. the other week i got my gauge pod the day after ordering it. Maybe they're just out of stock at the moment? if they are and you need the fuel pump quick quick quick though check Lateral performance. Actually he does the walbro ones cheapest ive seen
they probebly are out of stock but the phone guy has given tracking number and has said its been posted i have not recieved it yet he said call back tommorow if it hasnt been delivered thats been a week now....
Old 08 September 2010, 07:02 PM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

is it with parcelforce?
Old 08 September 2010, 07:09 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

yep
Old 08 September 2010, 07:14 PM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

i'd give them a ring. i had an international parcel the other week they just seemed to totally forget about. then claimed no one was home when they tired to deliver it.... i was out the front all day painting and no one ever came
Old 08 September 2010, 07:35 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

been home allday today and someone was in yesterday still no delivery,the thing is they soon took £82 from my account last week with no delivery yet getting pissed off ,they have untill tommorow before i report them to my bank and then police .
Old 08 September 2010, 08:02 PM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

go on there site, find the nearest depot from you. i have problems only from the Romford one.
Old 09 September 2010, 02:53 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leecalcars
been home allday today and someone was in yesterday still no delivery,the thing is they soon took £82 from my account last week with no delivery yet getting pissed off ,they have untill tommorow before i report them to my bank and then police .
if you've got the tracker number, you will be better off ringing parcelforce. They are $hit.

Old 09 September 2010, 03:09 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

i wouldn't get in to blaming scooby parts quite yet as i've oredered quite a bit from them with no problems. alot of the time its the delivery companys mess about because they don't have any other deliverys to make in that area so they make up some **** and bull about trying to deliver it and no one being home.
Old 09 September 2010, 09:09 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

well just an update been at work allday got home no delivery note so assume they havnt been ,going to phone scooby parts tommorow to try and resolve this matter as i need the pump asap its been over a week now and getting annoyed ,i can only blame scooby parts at the minute because its them i have dealt with not parcel force as that is there currier not the one i would have sent with.
Old 09 September 2010, 09:36 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Have you put the parcel tracking number into the parcelforce website? http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw...authentication
Old 09 September 2010, 10:02 PM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

Mine said it was in transit to delivery address or something whilst the bloke who I phoned said he couldn't find it
Old 10 September 2010, 06:57 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

spoke with scooby parts today and told them i havnt recieved it yet of which he told me no signiture had been made upon receipt of part ,so i asked for my money back and was told as soon as they get a new delivery (25) wolboro fuel pumps he will send another out .
Now this could be next week or the week after depending on next delivery dates of parts.i have dealt with these before and have never had this before ,i now have to blame royal ****in mail for this **** up they are ****in useless and should sort them selves out or companys wont use them for currier services they will get independant companys such as ups who i find are fantastic.
Old 10 September 2010, 07:07 PM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

Dhl have always been good for me too. Always bang on time. None of that "make sure somebody is home to take the delivery some time during the day in november 2010"

Sccobyparts themselves have always given cracking service in my experience.

If you can't wait that long try lateral performance
Old 10 September 2010, 07:17 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

its not a case of waiting they have already taken the money from my account so basically im having to wait till royal ****in mail get there act together and deliver some ****in parcels like they are contracted to do.
its been on the news tonight they used to manage 84 million parcels/letters a year now they are down to 71 million due to the introduction of email,so ****in what dont whinge about it be competitive about and get the job done efficiently and maybe more people with have more faith in the system and use them accordingly,sorry mate now wonder people are leaving this country for pastures new, great britain no more...
Old 10 September 2010, 07:45 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Are we to take it that you are a tad f****d off Lee??
Old 10 September 2010, 08:13 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Royal Mail would come second in a C**T competition, why because they're a C**T. A postman signed for a parcel himself and left it outside my house, or even stole it, as I never recieved it. They had a signature but it looked nothing like mine, they all closed ranks and the theiving little ***** got away with it!
Old 11 September 2010, 09:55 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Are we to take it that you are a tad f****d off Lee??
yes you could say that or i will be if my fuel pump dosnt turn up on monday.I have no faith in royal mail and will never use them again.
Old 11 September 2010, 10:19 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Fingers crossed for ya mate. But i'm not gonna hold my breath, coz like you, i agree they are f'ing usless
Old 11 September 2010, 11:24 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

tbh i as well as many others i know have just changed the belt. at 50,000 service. a lot just dont require the full hit, but each to there own. (flame suit on)
Old 12 September 2010, 02:25 AM
fiveskin
Scooby Regular

haha i feel lee's pain. i recently went to newham... walking down a particular high street round there brought a tear to my eye for britain :-(
Old 12 September 2010, 09:53 AM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver
tbh i as well as many others i know have just changed the belt. at 50,000 service. a lot just dont require the full hit, but each to there own. (flame suit on)
checked the old pullies at the garage when it was ready to pick up and the bearings had well gone ,they were moving from side to side when spinning in my hand whats the recommended replace date for these items them or is it a case of change when ready,just a thought.
Old 15 September 2010, 09:53 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

came home from work today and atlast my fuel pump has arrived ,been a little over 13 days so good on ya parcel force another happy customer.... not :-)
Old 15 September 2010, 09:54 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular