Sponsored by:

Help / advice with bugeye wagon gx

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2010, 12:24 AM
Balderz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help / advice with bugeye wagon gx

Ok just bought a 2001 bugeye wagon gx yea i know its not turbo but been there done that lol plus new job its 60 mile round trip daily so need to some okish on fuel and 4 wheel drive as living in sticks dosnt help so sold my vectra gsi and got the wagon,

but i dont like the standard looks what can i do to make it look better and sound was thinking 17 wrx hawkeye alloys and new back box any help would be good
The vectra gsi i sold

and my old wrx wagon

not got any pics of new 1 yet (to ashamed lol)
Old 25 August 2010, 12:41 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Post a pic of the current car etc mate.

May help people give you ideas on what colour wheels to put on etc.

Steve
Old 25 August 2010, 12:45 AM
Balderz
Scooby Regular

Had to use old pics lol

Last edited by Balderz; 25 August 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 25 August 2010, 12:48 AM
gojonnyjo
Scooby Regular

get them wheels off her and put the sti alloys on her, get rid of the amber bits and put crystal clears on, detango the headlights, front splitter from ht autos ans ur flying
Old 25 August 2010, 12:48 AM
gojonnyjo
Scooby Regular

bugs rule, even if there not turbo'ed
Old 25 August 2010, 12:53 AM
Balderz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gojonnyjo
get them wheels off her and put the sti alloys on her, get rid of the amber bits and put crystal clears on, detango the headlights, front splitter from ht autos ans ur flying

Cheers wheels def going (going to keep in shed for winter driving) where can i buy the clears side as cant find anywhere that does bug eye bits lol
and yea trip to ht auto not far from me

cheers for input and yea i love the bugeye look
Old 25 August 2010, 12:53 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gojonnyjo
Sound bit of advice that man.

What limits do you want to take the car to with the looks etc?

A guy on the Surrey site has a GX Sport Wagon. At first I really thought it was a STi wagon (Bug same as yours). That has to be one of the best newage STi/WRX looky likes I have every seen.

Steve
Old 25 August 2010, 01:01 AM
Balderz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx
Sound bit of advice that man.

What limits do you want to take the car to with the looks etc?

A guy on the Surrey site has a GX Sport Wagon. At first I really thought it was a STi wagon (Bug same as yours). That has to be one of the best newage STi/WRX looky likes I have every seen.

Steve

Im not sure really if you got any links or pics of it that would be good, i quite fancy the sti/wrx look as going to put more into the looks rather than speed, my vectra had enough spent making it faster on it and so did the wrx lol so time for looks 1st speed 2nd
Old 25 August 2010, 05:17 PM
Balderz
Scooby Regular

Bump any info always helpfull
Old 02 September 2010, 05:43 PM
Balderz
Scooby Regular

WRX alloys bought picking up on sunday, still need advice on what exhaust to put on and mods, and where can i get the clear side from for the front wings
Old 08 September 2010, 10:38 PM
Balderz
Scooby Regular

Any info would be nice cheers,

hopefully have alloys fitted next week need 2 new rubbers
Old 09 September 2010, 12:37 PM
Tom87
Scooby Regular

Hiya mate, I've got a Bugeye GX Saloon which is a bit of a turbo replica. Glad you've got yourself some WRX alloys on the way, that will make an big change to it. Next I'd suggest getting some crystal clear side repeaters and colour-coding your amber front wing side-markers black.

Regarding the headlights, the cheapest and a surprisingly easy way of improving them is opening them up, removing the orange casing around the indicator bulb, spraying the parts around the reflectors black (this would look spot-on on your black Bug) and sealing them back up. I did this with mine:

As mentioned as well, HT Autos do a great looking STI lip splitter for the front bumper, that would give the car a great stance.

But last and probably most importantly - sound! The non-turbo's are fitted with equal-length manifolds which lose you the Subaru burble, so fitting a back-box alone won't release this. What I and MANY other non-turbo owners have done is fit an aftermarket unequal-length stainless steel manifold just like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/97-05-Subaru-I...item58899dd826

They're dead easy to fit, are very well priced, and most importantly make the exhaust sound great and exactly as a turbo would. I have this exact manifold plus a catback system from Exhausts UK/Cobrasport fitted to my GX and it sounds perfect

Give us a shout if you want any more non-turbo advice

Tom
Old 11 September 2010, 12:32 AM
Balderz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tom87
Hiya mate, I've got a Bugeye GX Saloon which is a bit of a turbo replica. Glad you've got yourself some WRX alloys on the way, that will make an big change to it. Next I'd suggest getting some crystal clear side repeaters and colour-coding your amber front wing side-markers black.

Regarding the headlights, the cheapest and a surprisingly easy way of improving them is opening them up, removing the orange casing around the indicator bulb, spraying the parts around the reflectors black (this would look spot-on on your black Bug) and sealing them back up. I did this with mine:

As mentioned as well, HT Autos do a great looking STI lip splitter for the front bumper, that would give the car a great stance.

But last and probably most importantly - sound! The non-turbo's are fitted with equal-length manifolds which lose you the Subaru burble, so fitting a back-box alone won't release this. What I and MANY other non-turbo owners have done is fit an aftermarket unequal-length stainless steel manifold just like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/97-05-Subaru-I...item58899dd826

They're dead easy to fit, are very well priced, and most importantly make the exhaust sound great and exactly as a turbo would. I have this exact manifold plus a catback system from Exhausts UK/Cobrasport fitted to my GX and it sounds perfect

Give us a shout if you want any more non-turbo advice

Tom

cheers mate for the info, hopefully get some more done on mine soon