Default 205 gti what do you think?

Lives local to me, might go and have a nose tonight

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-PEUGEOT-2...43936663441841
Old 28 June 2010, 01:47 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's that big gap under the bonnet? Looks like it's been shunted or something?
Old 28 June 2010, 01:58 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Aparantly it needs a bolt for the bonnet catch hence why it wont shut. Spoke tro the guy before aparantly all the car needs is that bolt and the starter motor has packed up. But he says the car runs spot on

Dan
Old 28 June 2010, 02:11 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Have a word with chocloate_o_brian on here, he used to run one, gave him some problems.

NOT easy to work on, either
Old 28 June 2010, 02:20 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

i know for one in my area, K-plate, 1.6gti....know of it through a friend, suposed to be vey tidy, no rust etc. and engine runs sweet as a nut. no sunroof so ideal if u want to rally it....£650....rekon it sounds like a bargain. be worth just parking it up for 10 years by which time there wont be many left and she'd be worth a bit!!!
Old 28 June 2010, 02:53 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Anyomore details of that car mate? Pics, miles, history etc

Dan
Old 28 June 2010, 03:07 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

20 year old pug is going to come with 'issues' the french cannot build decent electronics and most leccy items will fail if not already dead. Pugs do seem difficult to work on and parts not cheap either.

Good, fun cars but not a daily driver anymore

Trending Topics

Old 28 June 2010, 03:12 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

i loved mine. roller skate. 1.6 hawiian blue.
Old 28 June 2010, 03:18 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eurocarparts is your friend

Tony
Old 28 June 2010, 03:36 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1819264.htm
How the rear axle should look in good condition.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1736138.htm
One with how its not suppose to look, rear beam is prob knackered
Old 28 June 2010, 04:26 PM
GH80
Scooby Regular

I bought a 16v clio last year as a summer toy. Great fun when its working but I have to admit i hate the sight of it now! Far too many hours lying underneath it cursing it up and down. I know it is a different car but it's still a 20 year old hot hatch... be prepared for heartache, kind of worth it tho in a sadistic way
Old 28 June 2010, 04:27 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

I used to have a 1.9 GTi in Miami Blue. Awesome cars and go like stink. Watch out for bad idling, (Air corrector) Bad cooling (Radiator) Smoke on idle (Valve stem seals) Slipping clutch, wear and tear to the seats particularly the bolsters. Interiors are generally rubbish and fall apart and the electrics can play up. Apart from all that, They are great............................
Old 28 June 2010, 04:28 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Have a word with chocloate_o_brian on here, he used to run one, gave him some problems.

NOT easy to work on, either
Disagree Jeff, very easy to work on compared to other cars. Very simple design and plenty of space under the engine bay.

Mine gave me issue due to the twonk previous owner. He hashed stuff to fix issues and didn't replace parts properly. I did as I like things to be bang on.

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
20 year old pug is going to come with 'issues' the french cannot build decent electronics and most leccy items will fail if not already dead. Pugs do seem difficult to work on and parts not cheap either.

Good, fun cars but not a daily driver anymore
Disagree here aswell. Find a good 'un with a big history and you can have many a happy motoring hour. The electrics can be a p.i.t.a. under the bonnet but I had no issues inside the car electrics wise apart from a blown 5amp fuse

Parts are VERY cheap in comparison to other cars like Scoobs

I would have no hesitation in having another one for a daily runner, but it would be newer (mine was an '88 'F' with 150,000 miles when sold) and with less miles from a forum member off 205gtidrivers.com

P.s. the guy who I sold mine to rented it to a forum member in Scotland. He did 5,000 trouble free miles before giving it back at the end of the agreed lease. The guy has just sold it to the first person who came to look at it too
Old 28 June 2010, 04:30 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

As for the advert - looks like it was written by an illerate bufoon, something that would make me look elsewhere. I sold mine for £900 - the asking price and has dozens of emails and phonecalls in the space of a week or so. Why? 'Cos I put the effort into a simple, easy to read, explantive advert, not some dribble like the eBay one

Go look at the car mate, but go over it with a fine toothcombe.
Old 29 June 2010, 08:36 AM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the feedback guys. I went to look at the car last night. And to be fair its allright. Few bits need doing though. Starter motor, sought the bonnet catch out, road tax, passanger side mirror glass. Little bits and thats before ive heard it running. Im thinking it might be worth getting one thats sorted all ready although i expect to pay good money? Hence me thinking should i stick to plan A and get a gti-6? What do you reckon? And thanks again, very helpfull.

Dan
Old 29 June 2010, 04:30 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imprezaworks
Thanks for the feedback guys. I went to look at the car last night. And to be fair its allright. Few bits need doing though. Starter motor, sought the bonnet catch out, road tax, passanger side mirror glass. Little bits and thats before ive heard it running. Im thinking it might be worth getting one thats sorted all ready although i expect to pay good money? Hence me thinking should i stick to plan A and get a gti-6? What do you reckon? And thanks again, very helpfull.

Dan
Money depends on a few things, age, mileage etc etc like any car. 205's can be had quite cheap, a decent one maybe no more than £1500-2000.

The more expensive ones tend to be ultra low mileage mint examples or pre-converted Mi16/GTi-6/rally or tracked prepped/8v Turbo models.

Main things on mine were wear and tear things such as starter motor, alternator, battery etc. Also had its cambelt done in my ownership. Nowhere near as expensive to own as a Scoob though due to cheap and readily available parts from motor factors etc. I learn't how to do most the servicing and more tricky jobs on my 205.