Sponsored by:

Handling, Perrin & Whiteline- MY07 RB320

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2010, 11:38 PM
IggyRB320
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Handling, Perrin & Whiteline- MY07 RB320

Looking at improving the handling on MY07 RB320. (although it's not that bad to start with!)

Was looking at STi trailng arms, Whiteline ALK & Whiteline alloy drop links front & rear.
Having problems finding the Whitline drop links, so found Perrin alloy drop links on TSL's web site.

Anyone used the Perrin drop links?
Also, any advice on the Whiteline ALK welcome!

I will be getting a full geo with a fast road set-up, so to get the best out of it I want the right bits on there first!
The RB already has an adjustable rear ARB, so i'll have a play with changing the settings on that first before changing it.

Advice, opinions please
Old 14 May 2010, 11:52 PM
RAPTER59
Scooby Regular

I have the perrin drop links front and rear along with their arbs. I'm always very pleased with the perrin products seem well made and have never had any problems so far!!I also have their alk system, currently looking to get their lateral arms and trailing arms too.

Personally I've never bothered with the whiteline product although many people use them (sure they are great) its just when I was first researching suspension parts, I always came across people complaining about the whitleline finish rusting or not lasting. Plus when using perrin parts I've never looked back!

Sure someone will give you their insight to whiteline products
Old 15 May 2010, 06:55 AM
Toffee
Scooby Regular

Fella I have an 06 spec C which I wanted to improve, I thought the best people to contact would be Litchfield/Powerstation because of the work they did developing the Type20 & 25.

They fitted front & rear ARBs & an ALK to there cars, I had a look at the options list for these cars and it also lists the STi pink lateral arms.

I am sure the Perrin kit will be just the same as the Whiteline kit, probably comes down to pick your colour!! I have had the ARBs & ALK fitted to my car and it is great, I asked about upgrading the drop links and they said dont bother, Hawkeye kit is spot on as standard.

Lee.
Old 15 May 2010, 07:35 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a pretty much full array of Perrin ARBs Drop links, stoutmounts, PSRS, Sub frame lockdown on mine. I find the finish and quality of the Perrin bits far far better then Whiteline. I've seen loads of whiteline ARBs rust right through with the salt and general weather we have in the UK. My Perrin bits all look as good as new even after this winter.

If you want an idea of the quality difference llok up a Perrin Stout mount & then look up the equivilant Whiteline part. Difference is like night and day.

I organised a groupbuy some time back through TSL on Perrin bits. Might be worth asking for the "Scoobnet discount"
Old 15 May 2010, 09:45 AM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

also got the 06 sti re-mapped to 340 ish give simon from chevron motorsport a call for all your needs, they are responsible for john beech impreza (time attack) They set all my geo up and the difference is unreal, they really know what their doing and he is a very very helpfull guy and will allways have time to talk to you, saved me a small fortune, cheers steve.
Old 15 May 2010, 12:33 PM
Toffee
Scooby Regular

^^^^ thanks for the tips both
Old 15 May 2010, 01:44 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

The Perrin drop links are rose jointed as opposed to poly bushed as in the whiteline items, and in my opinion work better, the ALK is much better quality and has a built in grease nipple so the bush can be greased without having to remove the ALK. I have dealt with TSL and would not recommend them, I purchased a set of 6 speed Perrin shifter bushes from them which did not fit and have had little contact despite numerous emails asking what they intend to do.
Old 15 May 2010, 03:52 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

dont get the geo set up till uve changed the front arb or/and the alk as u will need to do it once these are replaced,
Old 15 May 2010, 05:45 PM
Toffee
Scooby Regular

I've got the whiteline "flatout" kit fitted from Litchfields as fitted to the Type 20 & 25, mine are at there recommended settings and work "Amazingly" and I really mean that. the stearing is heavier and gives a lot more feed back, well worth the money and I would buy it again if needed.

Also bought the new Turbo Dynamics twin scroll turbo LM420 S60, 800cc injectors and lots more from Ian Litchfield and I have to say the after service is top draw. after having all the kit fitted I received a call a month later out of courtesy he was just checking to see if everything was still ok and to check I was happy Top bloke.

Lee.
Old 03 June 2010, 09:31 PM
IggyRB320
Scooby Regular

Decided to be fit Perrin front & rear solid alloy drop-links & ALK.
Was wondering about the Subframe Lockdown System, Perrinperformance Subframe-Lockdown-System?
Has anyone used it, can offer any advice (is it worth doing)?
These will all be fitted prior to Powerstation doing a full GEO, fast road set-up!
Old 04 June 2010, 07:17 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Got one on my car M8. Certainly tightens the driveline shunt when changing from 1-2 & 2-3, you do end up with slightly more transmission noise, but it's a cheap and effective mod