Sponsored by:

Wonders if some people should have Driving licences

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2010, 03:41 PM
KAOS_JNR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wonders if some people should have Driving licences

Just wanted to drop my little rant had a wicked evening last night at ACE nice to see so many cars. so decided to leave about 9.30 thinking maybe a 20 min drive home and be ready to chill. anyway anyone who left about that time will know that the A40 was all backed up for no apparent reason!! so i am sat in the outside lane crawling along like most of us and i stop and this numpty behind me does not and BANG right into my back bumper!!! me being the cool calm fella that i am get out the car think the guy was a bit scared because he was shaking.. anyway his first words were i'm sorry i was on the phone!!! what!! calm here we go give me your details and ill be on my way because if i spend to long with you i'm going to smack him..
So i call into a mate who runs a bodyshop and he picks it up does all the arraingements for getting it sorted looks like a new bumper and fully sprayed up BMW 320d being delivered tommorrow. What a dull point to ruin a really good evening...
Old 23 April 2010, 05:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was crapping it incase you grassed him to the police, 1k fine, 3 points and a good chance they would have done him for undue care and attention (more points and a bigger fine).

Tony
Old 23 April 2010, 05:19 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

I definately would have reported him to the police,what if it was a little kidthing is the ******** will carry on useing his phone.
Old 23 April 2010, 05:29 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Like the old gimmer in the BMW towing a caravan who just exited a lay-by on the A591 outside Kendal this afternoon, straight into the path of me, my LDV and 14 kids doing 60 mph....

Not by the exit, but as in just pull-out from where you're parked.
Luckily a switched on "dude" in an astra van saw it as well and out-braked me, allowing me to swap to the outside lane...

dunx

P.S. Closely followed by the HGV that tried to remove the front bumper by pulling out on me at a range of 1ft 6 inches
Old 23 April 2010, 05:55 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually I would still report him, records are kept for a few days (not long) on calls made etc, they can pin him down to that time and do him, be quick!

Tony
Old 23 April 2010, 06:40 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Actually I would still report him, records are kept for a few days (not long) on calls made etc, they can pin him down to that time and do him, be quick!

Tony
WORDS FROM THE WISE
Old 23 April 2010, 07:09 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Like the old gimmer in the BMW towing a caravan who just exited a lay-by on the A591 outside Kendal this afternoon, straight into the path of me, my LDV and 14 kids doing 60 mph....

Not by the exit, but as in just pull-out from where you're parked.
Luckily a switched on "dude" in an astra van saw it as well and out-braked me, allowing me to swap to the outside lane...

dunx

P.S. Closely followed by the HGV that tried to remove the front bumper by pulling out on me at a range of 1ft 6 inches
14 KIDS!!??

You've been busy! Hope you're not on benefits

dnc
Old 23 April 2010, 07:20 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

If you happened to mention it in the accident description in the insurance claim form, I'd bet pretty good money either your or his insurer will pass on that little detail to the relevant authorities.
Old 23 April 2010, 11:09 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

i'm a good driver really!!!! can i have my licence now lol

Old 23 April 2010, 11:12 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dnc
14 KIDS!!??

You've been busy! Hope you're not on benefits

dnc
LOL

No it's worse, they are all some else's little shop-lifting, ganga-gangsters....

I've just had to spend an awful three days in the lakes, abseiling, rock climbing, river/gorge scrambling and climbing the odd mountain in the blazing sunshine...

Terrible

dunx
Old 11 May 2010, 07:33 PM
KAOS_JNR
Scooby Regular

So I'm writing the as an update as I'm feeling some major fustration as my car is still in the bodyshop I have had my hire car since the 23rd. So I call the bodyshop for an update so I take it upon myself to call the fellas insurance company for an update to be told no claim has been filed and they were unaware of the accident. As you can imagine I'm not a happy bunny no scooby and nothing done so far apart from that the body shop have taken the bumper off and there is damage to the rear slam panel. Very unhappy