Sponsored by:

saying goodbye to my scooby 2morrow

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2010, 05:52 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saying goodbye to my scooby 2morrow

cant even take her for a goodbye drive as my insurance ran out last week. so unfair. will give her a hug and clean her with my tears
Old 11 February 2010, 06:23 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

Dont sell it
Old 11 February 2010, 06:27 PM
carl swailes
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear your scooby is going are you getting another /or dont sell
Old 11 February 2010, 06:46 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

got 2 kids and a puupy that will turn into a massive dog so had to get a "family" car. will get another in the future tho just sad to see her go
Old 11 February 2010, 07:13 PM
Gregsti01
Scooby Regular

Last year when the banks were destroyed by a handful of gamblers plus incompatent government I landed up without work,my wife said I would have to sell my Scooby,I said there are three things that I will not lose,my car,my house,my dog.So it looks like you will have to get rid of the kids !!!!!!! only joking.
Old 11 February 2010, 07:23 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

A wagon is your friend
Old 11 February 2010, 07:24 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nightmare mate
they do do wagons and sti foresters you know
Old 11 February 2010, 10:29 PM
The Myth
Scooby Regular

if its any consolation mate mine is also going at weekend,having to use car for more work purposes and millage fuel allowence will not help very much,only had it 4 months,lovely 02 bugeye with headlight conversion,nice stainless pipe,my dream car and in catch 22 where i need car for work and need work for car,getting a diesel astra 1.3cdti,that will be a come down,so having tears with you buddy.
Old 11 February 2010, 10:33 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

So you have sold a 4 door salon car with a boot to get what exactly?
Old 12 February 2010, 12:42 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oh no, well time to move on to better things now

wiley
Old 12 February 2010, 10:03 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A sportswagon ,with a dog guard is what you want,when i bought my uk turbo,the previous owner told me he had only bought the car because it had AWD and he could get his 2 kids in the back and his 2 dogs in the tailgate. - sorted.
Old 12 February 2010, 10:05 AM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gregsti01
Last year when the banks were destroyed by a handful of gamblers plus incompatent government I landed up without work,my wife said I would have to sell my Scooby,I said there are three things that I will not lose,my car,my house,my dog.So it looks like you will have to get rid of the kids !!!!!!! only joking.

haha too funny did think about it . looked at wagons but i personally dont like them a bit odd. we've pxing for a 03 vauxhal vectra 2.2. its got a hatchback for the dog loads of room for the kids and great on fuel but its no scooby. i told my everyone on the selling forum even if it takes me forever i will get it back we'll be old and grey using our zimaframes to get in and out of our scoob. my other halfs gutted too but you make sacrifises for your little "angels" haha. would've looked great on the school run tho
Old 12 February 2010, 10:25 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

A forrester is your friend.
Old 12 February 2010, 10:29 AM
Scooby Wagon Addict!
Scooby Regular

Feel sorry for you both The Myth and Steffi , been there and bought the T-shirt..about 6 times over!
Agree with SSUp and Midnight, Wagons - WRX or n/a , are great ..ok , some people dont think they're a looker , but that's a personal opinion , and if you dont want to be scoobyless then what's more important.. driving another Eurolookalike that may look better than a wagon or that flat4 burble , awd ,and great handling that brings a smile on your face every time you drive it?
I do understand that if you have no choice , like I have been forced to in the past, it is heartbreaking and you will be back in a scoob some time I'm sure.
I wish you both luck for the future and hope you'll be back in a scoob soon..zimmers or no zimmers

Steve
Old 12 February 2010, 11:54 AM
superstar1
BANNED

Originally Posted by steffi4
got 2 kids and a puupy that will turn into a massive dog so had to get a "family" car. will get another in the future tho just sad to see her go
I would keep the kids, but could you not but the dog in a sack and throw it off the nearest bridge before it gets any bigger? (less chance you'll pull your back out)
Then you can keep the Scoob. Can't understand why you kiddie freaks think you need a bigger car, when my kids were younger we managed with a two door Pug 205 without much fuss.
Old 12 February 2010, 04:40 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by superstar1
I would keep the kids, but could you not but the dog in a sack and throw it off the nearest bridge before it gets any bigger? (less chance you'll pull your back out)
Then you can keep the Scoob. Can't understand why you kiddie freaks think you need a bigger car, when my kids were younger we managed with a two door Pug 205 without much fuss.
firstly i hope your joking about the dog
and secondly the pug's seatbelts would have been long. our scoobys back belts are too short and everytime i put my baby in the back i have to literally yank the belt round the car seat and the pressure usually pulls the belt straight back out the socket again. in short the belts dont fit the car seats. i would have put him in the front due to no air bags but we have bucket seats with harnesses. the car was proving too much hassle as not being family orientated. it was the best car for driving not for doing what a family car should do ie shopping (no boot space for shopping, buggy etc), small inside and fuel bills. dont get me wrong if you can handle dealing with it good on ya but for me it was more hassle than its worth.
Old 12 February 2010, 06:00 PM
skid11
Scooby Regular

I think you are doing the right thing.I got the wagon after getting a second dog .It has plenty of room for them and the kids however it isnt a day to day practical car unless you can live with less than 20mpg
I use my motorbike normally for the daily commute so the Wagon gets an easy life
Old 13 February 2010, 02:18 PM
steffi4
Scooby Regular

been driving round in the new car and it fells so much easier as an everyday car. i already miss the thrill of the scoob but for my everyday uses and the kids its better. will get another scoob one day tho.