Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took my car to ScoobyClinic today!

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2010, 09:34 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Took my car to ScoobyClinic today!

Further to thread "the effects of black ice" i took my car out of the recovery place today and opted out of my insurance having it repaired at a garage of their choice and decided to take it to Scoobyclinic in chesterfield,.
has anyone had any experience with them,. my reasons for taking it there is a garage of my insurance choice were OMC Ford. and they dont have any experience with subarus and the cost of new parts may write it off,. whereas scoobyclinic could potentially use a second hand door or sill to keep costings down and could save it from being written off,....fingers crossed....it needs a new door,sill, jig,and 2 wheels and the exhaust sorting as it were hit and is blowing,. but my car is a sti 2003 v - limited so i want to save it as its rare.
Adam at scoobyclinic so far has been brilliant and i am even happy with the nippy little daihatsu charade lol...............if anyone has had any body repair or accident damage repair done by these guys post your before and after pics please and turnaround times cheers
Old 09 February 2010, 09:46 PM
the_baz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a wirein prob and Scooby clinic are the only place that could find and sort it. They are very helpful and my cuzon has also used them and was very impressed. I'm from north london and still would travel all the way up there. And Adam is a right laugh and very helpfully as well as keV the owner. All of them are helpfully as it goes
Old 09 February 2010, 09:47 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

whos your car insured with rick out off interest when y get it back id sell it it has give you a shed load off grief
Old 09 February 2010, 09:48 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Here you go mate this may put your mind at rest

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...nic-touch.html

steve
Old 09 February 2010, 10:17 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Default Mind at ease!

WOW that scoob was in a worse state than mine and they made an impressive job of it,. only problem i have got is i hope it can be repaired through my insurance and its not written off, as my car hasnt been finished being paid for and as i have only had it ten months i still owe about 12k on it and if its wrote off my insurance pay the finance company direct, leaving me no funds to have it repaired if i buy it back... as i also didnt take out gap insurance ( thinking i should of now, but as its my first bump in 10 years i didnt bother). so if i buy it back i think it is deducted from the settlement payout and the remainder goes to the finance company,....and i would have to collect the car again until i have the funds to have it repaired and most certainly want it doen at scoobyclinic.
The other problem i have is that if i bought it back from the insurance, they wouldnt insure it as they cant insure a car they have paid out on.
And i already had some theiving toe rags try and steal it a few months ago and caused 3k of vandalism to it and i lost my no claims,...so with this claim also,..i am going to struggle to insure it at renewal time with no NCB and two claims, but if its repaired im sure the insurance i am with will renew it fingers crossed about everything at the minute and theres no way im driving a put put about for yrs to build my no claims again.
i will ask Adam about a photo rebuild.
Old 09 February 2010, 10:24 PM
utaka
Scooby Regular

they are building a whole time attack car you may have seen it up there the blue hawkeye
bodywork is spot on take a look
https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...ack-build.html
Old 09 February 2010, 10:26 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Default pics of the damage

really hope the outcome is good, fingers crossed.

Old 14 February 2010, 10:23 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Default Still dont know if its a write off or not!!!!!!!!!

Getting a bit peed off not heard a thing from the insurance on the status of my car, and Groupama the insurance i am with are absolutely useless and do not answer the phone after 3 hours of listening to fookin music,. I feel like banging my head against the wall.
I have had no contact from anybody and its been a week of no contact at all,..not even a courtesy call and i work in customer care so its thrustrating.
I dont know what has been damaged on my car nor do i know the estimate for repairs,. i have 2 boys age 2 and 3 and do not know the extent of the damage and wether to keep the car or not for their safety thanks to the insurance dragging their heels and not assessing the damage.

Last edited by fordrsrickc; 14 February 2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 14 February 2010, 10:29 PM
utaka
Scooby Regular

i saw this when i was at my car on saturday, man you bent that clinic will sort it to good as new its one of their many specialitys
Old 14 February 2010, 10:29 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Keep calling them, we find that will get them moving eventually but they love to hold on to their pennies so nothing moves as fast as we would like.

Keep your chin up!

I'll call you as soon as I hear anything.

Ads
Old 14 February 2010, 10:31 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

not much you can do about it

my car was stolen and then found back at the beginning of dec, still don't know if it's going to be written off!!! just haggling about the value at the moment...........

go weeks without hearing anything!!
Old 14 February 2010, 11:33 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fordrsrickc
Getting a bit peed off not heard a thing from the insurance on the status of my car, and Groupama the insurance i am with are absolutely useless and do not answer the phone after 3 hours of listening to fookin music,. I feel like banging my head against the wall.
I have had no contact from anybody and its been a week of no contact at all,..not even a courtesy call and i work in customer care so its thrustrating.
I dont know what has been damaged on my car nor do i know the estimate for repairs,. i have 2 boys age 2 and 3 and do not know the extent of the damage and wether to keep the car or not for their safety thanks to the insurance dragging their heels and not assessing the damage.
thats whom im with insurance is due shortley so wont be going with them again after bad reports proberly checkin your phonecalls to try and get out off a claim hope youve disclosed all mods rick
Old 14 February 2010, 11:43 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Hows it going Nick theres no mods on my car other than the gas conversion which has been disclosed but other than that its completely standard,. my insurance is up for renewal 1st march but at this speed i dont know whats happening, i will try and call the insurance again tomorrow, hope alls well Nick
Old 14 February 2010, 11:56 PM
scoobyboothy
Scooby Regular

mines at scoobyclinic at the mo going down the secondhand parts route for repair to keep the cost down

Old 15 February 2010, 12:17 AM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fordrsrickc
Hows it going Nick theres no mods on my car other than the gas conversion which has been disclosed but other than that its completely standard,. my insurance is up for renewal 1st march but at this speed i dont know whats happening, i will try and call the insurance again tomorrow, hope alls well Nick
yes alright gt probs myself pm sent
Old 15 February 2010, 03:14 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Default We have movement from the insurance wahey!!!!

My car is being assesed by the insurance on wed fingers crossed it will survive the scrapyard in the sky,...... i will know more this week
Old 15 February 2010, 09:00 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats not too bad mate they will easily sort that for you it will be like new in no time.... second to none these guys imho
Old 17 February 2010, 09:53 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

My car was booked in today for the field assessment on the repair with the insurance,. ive had no call from the insurance as promised and i waited another 2 hours to try and get through to groupama insurance to no avail,. im getting seriously p*@?ed off now.
certainly wont be using groupama again thats for sure,.
still dont know if its a write off into week number 2
Old 17 February 2010, 09:56 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

i wont be using them again either rick got your no ill bell you tommorow
Old 17 February 2010, 10:06 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Im at work tomorrow Nick and have my phone on silent at work but leave me a message mate and i will ring you back pm me your number,.
I need to buy a car myself as my insurance runs out 1st march and i have had no renewal due to my bump as yet,. until things get moving forward and it gets repaired then they might send my renewal. but they are not sending me the renewal due to not knowing the outcome yet.
The loan car from Scoobyclinic will have to go back as i am only insured to drive it till the end of the month under my fully comp cover,. unless they renew it of course,. otherwise i will be buying a cheap runabout to insure,. has wayne got any lol....