Sponsored by:

fault code 44 45

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2009, 05:49 PM
bolasti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fault code 44 45

help cleaned the boost solonoid today with brake cleaner and the car is now running like a piece of **** it throwing out cide 44 45 which is to do with the solinid any ideas?
Old 17 November 2009, 06:19 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Assuming your car is a late classic (tell us next time), you will get error 44 if the circuit to the boost control solenoid goes open, and error 45 if the same thing happens to the pressure sources change solenoid or the MAP sensor.

Are you sure you've plugged the electrical connections to them back in after doing your cleaning? That's the first thing to rule out.

Edited to add: Should be in the Technical forum too.

Last edited by Splitpin; 17 November 2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 17 November 2009, 06:38 PM
scoobyboothy
Scooby Regular

has anyone got pic of a boost solenoid I'm still learning
Old 17 November 2009, 06:55 PM
bolasti
Scooby Regular

Default solonoid

Originally Posted by scoobyboothy
has anyone got pic of a boost solenoid I'm still learning
yeh pluged every thing back in and car is a my01 classic what does fault code 44 45 mean? before i done this car had boost spike and now mis fireing and also has boost spike any advice?
Old 17 November 2009, 07:01 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Bola, there's no such thing as an "MY01" classic, unless you live in the USA. You presumably have a late 2000MY car. If it's a UK car it will have a GC8HK8D applied model code...?

Have already explained exactly what the 44 and 45 fault codes mean. The ECU can't make an electrical connection to the boost solenoid, PSCS and/or MAP sensor. If you're sure you've reconnected them all, sounds like you've somehow damaged the loom (which is unlikely) or all three components, which is even more unlikely.

I'd triple check the connections if I were you.
Old 17 November 2009, 07:04 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Boothy, not my pic, but the two port solenoids used on most later classic and newage/hatch Imprezas are narrow variants of this:

It's mounted (alongside the MAP sensor and pressure source change solenoid) to a bracket on the offside front suspension turret.
Old 17 November 2009, 07:29 PM
bolasti
Scooby Regular

Default solonoid

all the wires are on......didnt even take them off to clean jus squirted some barake cleaner down the pipes since i done this car ent running rite. my scoob was registered march 01 and is a classic shape.
Old 17 November 2009, 09:44 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bolasti
all the wires are on......didnt even take them off to clean jus squirted some barake cleaner down the pipes since i done this car ent running rite.
Did you get the Check Engine light immediately after doing this? If so, the only obvious question is whether your brake cleaner has seeped through the seals on the connectors and is confusing the ECU. If you haven't yet taken the three plugs off, do so and make sure the inside parts are clean, dry and corrosion free.

Also, are you absolutely certain all the pipes went back on where they're supposed to? Shouldn't cause a CEL if they were misplaced but better to know than guess.

As per earlier, the ECU is giving you this code because it thinks you have disconnected at least two of the three components on the bracket. If they're all still plugged in, you need to be looking at whether you've dislodged any other connectors round that area.

Can't remember of the top of head whether the loom that runs from them runs back along the front bulkhead and into the passenger compartment, or goes through a multi-connector onto the engine loom. Check it all, and if you can't see anything obvious, you'll have to test the electrical continuity between the pins in the connectors under the bonnet and the matching ECU plugs.

my scoob was registered march 01 and is a classic shape.
Yes that will make it an MY2000 (aka GC8H). Model year is related to the date of manufacture, not when you bought it. All the MY01 JDM/Euro cars were bugeyes.

Last edited by Splitpin; 17 November 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 17 November 2009, 09:50 PM
scoobyboothy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Boothy, not my pic, but the two port solenoids used on most later classic and newage/hatch Imprezas are narrow variants of this:

It's mounted (alongside the MAP sensor and pressure source change solenoid) to a bracket on the offside front suspension turret.
cheers matey. I'll do some exploring tomos when it's light
Old 18 November 2009, 04:54 PM
bolasti
Scooby Regular

have checked all this and all seems in order going to see api david thx