Sponsored by:

STI vs Evo Prices

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2009, 06:23 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI vs Evo Prices

In the past when I have been looking at the prices of STIs compared to Evos you always appeared to get a newer model STI for the same money.

Have been thinking of getting a newer STI and had a quick look at Evos and they appear to be cheaper than STIs now

Are Evo owners more realistic with the prices or have things changed? Even slightly modded Evos and FQs look good money compared to similar STIs.

Looking at 2003-06 STIs and Evo 7-8.
Big dilemma now which one to go for if I do change it I have never been in an Evo and probably can’t get over to try one before I buy.
Old 28 September 2009, 06:36 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

I think its more apparent when comparing what you get for say £7k - £9k, Whilst I've been looking recently for my STi, I was keeping my eye out for a good Evo 8 and the equivalent car was about £3k more expensive.

Two of my mates had Evos, one was an FQ-300 and the other was an MR FQ-320 - which was miles nicer than the 'bogo' FQ-300.

I'd of had an MR but probably not a straight FQ-300 unless it had some decent mods. Personally, I didnt really like the interior, prefer the Scoobs, they have a bit more soul to them (inside and out)

My misses say she thinks that most Evo's look like Transformers from the front

Last edited by Jay_bee; 28 September 2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 28 September 2009, 06:52 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Yeah my Mrs isnt keen on the front of the Evos too
I want something slightly modded (like the one I have now) but a Hawkeye might be just out of my price range for a nice one but have seen a few Evos that fit the bill
Old 28 September 2009, 08:02 PM
V555MAC
Scooby Regular

But Evo's just sound like any other in line 4 turbo, I think Evo's get the nod when your ' On it ', but the scooby is more enjoyable more of the time!, I do like the earlier Evo's though and was in a similar dilemna when I was car hunting. When I saw and heard my '555' I was sold
Old 28 September 2009, 08:16 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

I'd be willing to have a small wager that if you bought an Evo, you'd end up back in a Scoob after a while.

I personally think there's a better 'scene' than with the Evo lot, even my mates both said that.

My mate with the MR went from a Bug WRX to the 2004 Evo then to a 2005 STi Type UK. He's now got an army of kids and has a Tribeca
Old 28 September 2009, 08:18 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

A couple of my mates have evos and by the sounds of things they cost more to run than your average subaru.
Old 28 September 2009, 08:48 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

I would prefer another Scoob a Hawk or a late blob with DCCD but I can’t help looking at Evos and most of the nice STIs are overpriced
Am in no rush once mine has gone its a second car, I have a Pug 806 Quicksilver for work and family duties so might wait for a winter bargain
Old 28 September 2009, 10:52 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Keep your eyes open for a 2.3 EV*, my pal Ben is building one a week at the moment, and they cost peanuts.... everything on the EV* is under-stressed, the one in Rich's car is making around 450 bhp at 1.4 bar. Top gear just destroys 40 mph traffic, it's astounding !

HTH

dunx
Old 28 September 2009, 10:53 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Keep your eyes open for a 2.3 EV*, my pal Ben is building one a week at the moment, and they cost peanuts.... everything on the EV* is under-stressed, the one in Rich's car is making around 450 bhp at 1.4 bar. Top gear just destroys 40 mph traffic, it's astounding !

HTH

dunx

P.S. The EV* was £4K more when I bought my "bug-eye"....